5.Brian Howard
7. Karl O'Connell
8. Brian Fenton
13. David Clifford
15. Conor McManus
That was never a square ball!!

Farrandeelin

Surely Damien Comer will get 14?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trailer

Given there are more games in the quarter final stage we should expect a greater spread of counties represented rather than the usual 8 / 9 from the winners and 4/5 from runners up.

An Fhairche Abu

Will be interesting to see how the spread works giving all the extra matches at the top end of the season alright.

Jinxy

Now that the committee won't have to find somewhere to fit Aidan O'Shea into the team, Michael Murphy is an absolute cert.
The only position he probably won't be considered for is goalie.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 25, 2018, 08:34:25 AM
Quote from: sambostar on July 25, 2018, 08:14:30 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 25, 2018, 06:38:57 AM
Apply them as they become certs

1. Rory Beggan
2. Johnny Cooper
5.Brian Howard
7. Karl O'Connell
8. Brian Fenton
13. David Clifford
14. Michael Murphy
15. Conor McManus
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

redzone

Beggan had a nightmare against Fermanagh and cost them an ulster. If they go out this weekend he shouldn't get one

mrdeeds

Quote from: redzone on July 25, 2018, 10:10:20 AM
Beggan had a nightmare against Fermanagh and cost them an ulster. If they go out this weekend he shouldn't get one

What's the alternative? Broady?

square_ball

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 25, 2018, 10:36:49 AM
Quote from: redzone on July 25, 2018, 10:10:20 AM

What's the alternative? Broady?

I thought Beggan was very poor against Fermanagh but still think he's the standout keeper so far. If Laois has made the super 8s Broady would have had more exposure and therefore an outside chances of getting picked. Think he definitely deserves a nomination.

ballinaman

GalwayBayBoy

I'd say Tom Flynn is possibly the leader in the clubhouse right now to partner Fenton in midfield.

An Fhairche Abu

I don't think Tom Flynn is a big enough "name" for the All Stars GBB, he is having a great championship so far though, by a mile his best summertime showing in the maroon.
There's one Galway player that likewise doesn't have any hype around him but who should really be walking onto any "Best 15" so far this year and that's Eoghan Kerin.

I wouldn't have Comer as a lock for an All Star at all, for Galway Shane Walsh and Ian Burke have had better, more consistent championship appearances to date. I think in all likelihood Shane Walsh has by far the best chance of any Galway player of managing to nab an All Star, but if Galway meltdown in their next two matches I'd expect none.

Boycey

If McManus is considered a cert its on one, albeit mighty, performance cause he's been relatively quiet this year