62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: marty34 on April 17, 2020, 02:08:24 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 17, 2020, 01:27:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2020, 12:55:10 PM
Will there be an asterisk attached to this title?
Yes

It'll still count as a title regardless.  In 50 years, nobody will care, Celtic will have it to their name.

No asterisk. This is as bona fide a title  as they come.  One could take issue with a league title that had still to be won over the remaining games, but only a mathematically challenged moron could imagine a series of events where Celtic could have failed to win this title.

Patrick Thistle can be aggrieved with this outcome, with justification

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on April 17, 2020, 09:52:00 PM
0/10

Clown.
So it wasn't awarded?

Ones on early about the Dumbarton rangers joint win not being really accepted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

straightred

Who cares.... we'll mock them even more if they try that on. 6 of their 9 in a row have asterisks due to cheating tax. Now that's what i call astericks

MoChara

Joey Barton finally speaks about his brief stay in Glasgow as Celtic sent the Englishman home after a 5-1 humping with Scott Brown and company dominating his first and last taste of a derby.
The former Burnley player signed for Rangers in a bid to stir up some controversy with the Scottish media as he knew it would receive big media attention.
However, like so many players and managers who have come to Rangers over the years, were no match for Celtic and Scott Brown.

Barton came to Glasgow with the provado that he was going to boss Scottish football and end Brown's trophy dominance.

Of course we know that didn't happen and never even came close as Celtic annihilated a very poor Warburton squad that hardly managed to gain any possession during that derby.

Barton speaks on a podcast about that day (source):

We're playing Celtic at Celtic Park. I've said I'm going to be the best player in Scotland and all eyes are on me and Scott Brown.

We did team shape on Thursday. Andy Halliday was having something to eat later that night and he says, 'I'm not playing tomorrow'.

He was in the team shape on the Thursday, so we've had all this preparation, so why is he changing the team on the Friday? We found out on the Saturday that Warbs was concerned the team had been leaked, so he decided to change it but he didn't tell Andy – he texted him, despite us all being in the hotel.

Andy's a mad Rangers man and a good lad. He was clearly upset. It was just amateur hour everywhere.

We turn up at the stadium and run the gauntlet of the Celtic fans. I know we're going to lose the game because of the team selection. It's me, Josh Windass and Niko Kranjcar in centre midfield against Scott Brown, Nir Bitton and Callum McGregor.

Josh and Niko are good players but not ones you really want in the trenches with you at Parkhead. You want warhorses.

I knew all the sh** I was going to get because we weren't winning that game. Before the game Kenny Miller is having a go. Andy's trying to galvanise the troops. I look to my right and there's Warburton shaking. He was supposed to be the leader and he's shaking like a dog having a sh**.

"I remember thinking, 'Don't get sent off'. My mindset was not about winning. It was not getting sent off."

Opinion Time
Barton has not won a trophy and he might have played in the Premier League but Scott Brown has dominated an entire league for over a decade and has won everything that Scottish football has to offer.

There is no doubt that Brown has had offers from the EPL but the man himself has stated time and time again that the grass isn't always greener.

Yes, he could earn twice the money and not have the worry of winning every match but his position now, of being a Celtic legend and the second best captain in the club's history just proves his decision was correct.

In 20 years time, Barton won't be remembered by anyone (unless as a manager) and Scott Brown will always have a home at Celtic park.

Oh and also....
I know for a fact that Barton only signed for Rangers to flog his book as he expected to beat Celtic and have a book signing on the Monday which he cancelled in fear of his life.

https://celticnowandforever.com/barton-on-celtic-schooling-and-real-reason-he-signed/

take_yer_points

https://twitter.com/LADFLEG/status/1255946646770327566?s=08

That is a deadly wind up! Jamie Bryson jumped into it with both feet. His tweet is now deleted. He wasn't on his own either, looks like there's plenty fell for it

Main Street

Quote from: take_yer_points on April 30, 2020, 11:09:37 PM
https://twitter.com/LADFLEG/status/1255946646770327566?s=08

That is a deadly wind up! Jamie Bryson jumped into it with both feet. His tweet is now deleted. He wasn't on his own either, looks like there's plenty fell for it
Very funny, dumb as fck is that wee lad.

illdecide

Was reading all the tweets earlier where as we're told a few Tims made up these dummy accounts to show Celtic paid Dundee these amounts of money hence the change of Dundee's vote. All Sevco fans are all over this and their forums are red hot talking about Celtic paying Dundee but if they're dumb as f**k then so be it but to think that the Sevco Board have this as their evidence is laughable and they will be made proper fools off. Surely if this is their evidence they'll quickly bin it and say they'd nothing all along or for their own sake they'd better have something other than that wind up...This is comedy gold.

Sevco will be in administration within 14 days...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on May 01, 2020, 10:12:33 AM
Was reading all the tweets earlier where as we're told a few Tims made up these dummy accounts to show Celtic paid Dundee these amounts of money hence the change of Dundee's vote. All Sevco fans are all over this and their forums are red hot talking about Celtic paying Dundee but if they're dumb as f**k then so be it but to think that the Sevco Board have this as their evidence is laughable and they will be made proper fools off. Surely if this is their evidence they'll quickly bin it and say they'd nothing all along or for their own sake they'd better have something other than that wind up...This is comedy gold.

Sevco will be in administration within 14 days...

Is this Rangers' evidence?

illdecide

We're all hoping so...I genuinely think it was and they have realised this now that they've been hoodwinked and are now searching for other stuff that doesn't exist. Comedy gold

bennydorano

Rangers have a strange mentality, they're not quite Trumpian but they're a bit nuts, paranoid Loyalists on speed.

toby47

Looks like 9 in a row will be confirmed this morning

illdecide

Quote from: toby47 on May 18, 2020, 09:46:52 AM

Looks that way but i'd love it if it could resume in June some time and finish the season properly. The Zombies will always go on about we didn't win it and there'll be an asterisk beside out title when they know clearly they were gone and out of it...

MoChara

Maybe even draw it our further again to the 12th July to announce it, so they can sit at home with their sashes on not allowed out thinking about it.

laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on May 18, 2020, 11:39:04 AM
Quote from: toby47 on May 18, 2020, 09:46:52 AM

Looks that way but i'd love it if it could resume in June some time and finish the season properly. The Zombies will always go on about we didn't win it and there'll be an asterisk beside out title when they know clearly they were gone and out of it...
I have seen people who support certain English Clubs,as well as support Celtic,who mention asterisks and null and void everytime it comes up about the Premier League resuming or giving Liverpool the title. Yet those same people never mention it when it comes to Celtic been given the title or null and voiding the SPL. Strange that...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Aaron Boone

Congratulations to Neil Lennon and Glasgow Celtic FC on the win.