Ronaldo £135 million ???

Started by 45GoneShort, September 02, 2008, 07:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Just deleted my previous posts on this thread in relation to Arthur. Not worth the hassle.
Ask me holy bollix

corn02

Quote from: Arthur on September 03, 2008, 04:10:51 PM
Quote from: corn02 on September 03, 2008, 03:39:22 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 03, 2008, 03:27:43 PM
Corn02.....Im not sure if you are aware of Arthur, him and Pints are waging a war against each other for the past few weeks, previous handle was Snowed Under i think. WUM indeed.......

Would explain a lot but I still can not ignore the bait.

Arthur you have now said the diving etc is rampent (sic). So you take back your remark that every socce player is involved in this sort of activity.

I'd say every single match played this weekend in soccer will have people diving, you'd be niave to think otherwise.

You said every player. You would be naive to think every player involves himself in that sort of thing. I'll ask you again,do you take back your remark that every soccer player is involved in this sort of activity?

Arthur

Quote from: his holiness nb on September 03, 2008, 05:14:37 PM
Just deleted my previous posts on this thread in relation to Arthur. Not worth the hassle.

Thanks maybe you'll stop stalking now.

Arthur

Quote from: corn02 on September 03, 2008, 05:23:13 PM
Quote from: Arthur on September 03, 2008, 04:10:51 PM
Quote from: corn02 on September 03, 2008, 03:39:22 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 03, 2008, 03:27:43 PM
Corn02.....Im not sure if you are aware of Arthur, him and Pints are waging a war against each other for the past few weeks, previous handle was Snowed Under i think. WUM indeed.......

Would explain a lot but I still can not ignore the bait.

Arthur you have now said the diving etc is rampent (sic). So you take back your remark that every socce player is involved in this sort of activity.

I'd say every single match played this weekend in soccer will have people diving, you'd be niave to think otherwise.

You said every player. You would be naive to think every player involves himself in that sort of thing. I'll ask you again,do you take back your remark that every soccer player is involved in this sort of activity?

It's a part and parcel of the modern game - I'd say every player has done it / will do it / would do it - without any quams!!

imtommygunn

I don't see how anyone can categorically state that all players dive but anyway...

Personally I don't think City with all this money will be that bad for the game. It will increase th pressure on the manager of City no doubt.

You could tell before the start of the year who the top four in the league will be. Now this will pressure the top 4. Liverpool and Arsenal will need to step up now. Look at Chelsea spending all that money and what happened - United had to step up and they did. Arsenal are trying but pehaps haven't the resource.

The difference between City and Chelsea is that City are a club with aracter chwho play good footall. Chelsea are , in my opinion, a soulless team. With all that money they could still never play great football and they still haven't won the champions league. They play one man up front and five in midfield most of the time.

The only thing is that it is now more than likely one less relegation candidate.

The difference between rich and poor in the premier league is massive. Thsi just puts one more team in the rich bracket. The poor will still have the same struggles. Spurs, Everton and Villa have all tried valiantly and failed to break the top 4. Just not enough money.

Saying all this Man City now have to get the results so they're not in the elite yet.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Arthur on September 03, 2008, 06:42:22 PM

::)

Just a heads up to the guys who have argued on this thread for the first time with Arthur. He will continue with these little digs and provocations to try to get you to say something insulting to him, then he will run to mods and try to get you banned.
Dont take the bait, he will end up pushing to far and get himself banned. Its happened before and I am sure he will again.
Ask me holy bollix

donalmac99

Quote from: his holiness nb on September 04, 2008, 01:05:04 PM
Quote from: Arthur on September 03, 2008, 06:42:22 PM

::)

Just a heads up to the guys who have argued on this thread for the first time with Arthur. He will continue with these little digs and provocations to try to get you to say something insulting to him, then he will run to mods and try to get you banned.
Dont take the bait, he will end up pushing to far and get himself banned. Its happened before and I am sure he will again.

so in other words he won  :D

(joke)

his holiness nb

Oh yeah he won ok.

No doubts about that.

;D
Ask me holy bollix

pintsofguinness

QuotePersonally I don't think City with all this money will be that bad for the game.

I would have thought the last thing the FA would want is another Chelsea.  They might bring big names to the premiership but if the league is decided every year by who has the most money to spend it's going to become stale.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 04, 2008, 09:14:27 PM
QuotePersonally I don't think City with all this money will be that bad for the game.

I would have thought the last thing the FA would want is another Chelsea.  They might bring big names to the premiership but if the league is decided every year by who has the most money to spend it's going to become stale.

It wasn't last year or as past few years.