Rugby World Cup on TV3

Started by 45GoneShort, June 20, 2007, 11:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Great to see coverage being taken off the smug bastards at RTE now . if only they will take the hint and shoot the lot of them . and the soccer cowd as well who have shown as knowing bugger all about the current game re Player of the year ect.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

turk

Yea, exactly, more to the point why haven't RTE secured this in the first place? They are shiting money from all our license fees.

RTE is becoming increasingly irrelevant as a sports broadcaster - "oh wait - there's a soccer friendly between brazil and air jordan's nike XI - we've fulfilled our sports obligations"

Star Spangler

TV3 is mostly owned by Granada (which mostly owns ITV) so it's no surprise they have the rights.  It was probably negotiated by ITV as a package which included TV3.

Stagmeister

Absolutely sickened about that, I know RTE's GAA coverage is shit but their rugby coverage is top class, its always entertaining watching Hook and Pope but I also think Conor O'Shea is really good and Gerry Thornley is class as well...Matt Cooper could be a good host though...I reckon if you had him on RTE instead of Tom McGurk that would be the best Line-Up

BBC's rugby coverage has always been really good as well...cant see ITV being as good as them either

Tyrone Dreamer

Id rather RTE save their money and pump it back into gaa action. Theyve already increased there coverage this summer with great rewards in terms of viewing figures, now hopefully they can improve the quality some what. Anyone who wants to see the rugby will have access via tv3,utv and setanta.

Davitt Man

Quote from: Stagmeister on June 21, 2007, 04:39:12 PM
Absolutely sickened about that, I know RTE's GAA coverage is shit but their rugby coverage is top class, its always entertaining watching Hook and Pope but I also think Conor O'Shea is really good and Gerry Thornley is class as well...Matt Cooper could be a good host though...I reckon if you had him on RTE instead of Tom McGurk that would be the best Line-Up

BBC's rugby coverage has always been really good as well...cant see ITV being as good as them either

I agree with you here Staggmeister about RTE's GAA coverage. They have become lazy and boring. Same crap every day. All Joe Brolly can do is make fun of players backgrounds and their hair , thats just stupid stuff especially when you think of the stupid thing did when he scored a goal blowing kisses into the crowd and then you have Colm O'Rourke who feels he has to try and match Brolly and try be funny as well. Michael Lyster hasnt a clue and he just steers away from any controversey by changing the subject. Tom McGurik and Bill O'Herilly always ask the hard questions and start some interesting debate where as Lyster just comes out with the nomal bland comments "that was a great score" blah blah. The GAA coverage needs a big shake to liven things up a bit. I cant understand why they took Pat Spillane off the punditry side of things, he cant host the sunday game either he is just not up to it.

Hardy

If you think RTÉ's coverage is bad now, and it sure is, watch it get worse as they take the huge live audience figures of the last few weekends as endorsement of every aspect of the product, disregarding the fact that viewers had no other choice. Cue even more phone-in quizzes, tawdry huckstering, yokels on camera, inane "analysis", toe-curling attempts at "humour", text us your opinions and such shite.

Dinny Breen

Personally I think Joe Brolly is a knob and Colm O'Rourke is just past his sell by date, however I do feel that Daire o'Cinneide has shown great potential and Michael Duignan is just top notch and Anthony Tohill is growing into the role..

As for TV3's commentary I'm not a fan of RTE rugby wither, so anything can be an improvement.
#newbridgeornowhere

Uladh

Anyone know if its possible to watch the tri nations online?

mc_grens

Don't know, but if you're in Dublin Sinnotts open early to show the matches, among other places. This mornings game had agreat finish.

CiKe

agree with Dinny Duignan's brilliant - best pundit RTE has for GAA coverage.

terrible news altogether that it won't be on Sky or BBC. TV3's line up to be fair sounds half decent - Wallace in particular is bloody good. Not sure who ITV have lined up but I may have to fork out the extra money for Setanta. What with the money I spend in the pub watching GAA on Sunday sure i'd be as well getting it into the house and having Aussie Rules and the RWC as well.