Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: BennyCake on June 18, 2017, 07:09:26 PM
Quote from: stew on June 18, 2017, 06:25:16 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 17, 2017, 11:15:53 PM
Ronaldo has a massive ego. All he cares about is being centre of attention, banging in more goals than Messi and winning the Ballon dor. He really does seen obsessed with winning that above anything else. The only way he can continue to do such things is at Real. He'll stay in Madrid 100%.

He is gone and on his way to OT )

We'll see.

That we will, I think he would be crazy to leave but he is miffed at the club and if he was to go anywhere I think it would be United.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BennyCake

Quote from: stew on June 18, 2017, 10:38:45 PM
Ronaldo has a massive ego. All he cares about is being centre of attention, banging in more goals than Messi and winning the Ballon dor. He really does seen obsessed with winning that above anything else. The only way he can continue to do such things is at Real. He'll stay in Madrid 100%.

We'll see.

That we will, I think he would be crazy to leave but he is miffed at the club and if he was to go anywhere I think it would be United.

He's always miffed at something. Great player, but behaves like a spoilt brat. I'd like him at United, but no way it will happen. United is a step down. That'd be a big blow to his ego.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: BennyCake on June 18, 2017, 11:00:19 PM

We'll see.

He's always miffed at something. Great player, but behaves like a spoilt brat. I'd like him at United, but no way it will happen. United is a step down. That'd be a big blow to his ego.

If Ronaldo leaves  and Real go on to win 3 CLs on the bounce, it'll be some blow to his ego and his aura. I think that might be too big a risk for him to take.

stew

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 18, 2017, 11:18:18 PM

We'll see.

If Ronaldo leaves  and Real go on to win 3 CLs on the bounce, it'll be some blow to his ego and his aura. I think that might be too big a risk for him to take.

Aye but the media loathe him and the fans are not really fans of his, why not leave and be revered all over again by fans that realise his genius?

He has nothing to prove to anybody and does not need any more CL titles to bolster his legacy.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GJL

Quote from: stew on June 19, 2017, 07:51:56 AM

We'll see.

Aye but the media loathe him and the fans are not really fans of his, why not leave and be revered all over again by fans that realise his genius?

He has nothing to prove to anybody and does not need any more CL titles to bolster his legacy.

Look at what Real have won the last few years. What would they have won without him? The success will follow him including the individual awards.

BennyCake

Larsson scored piles of goals but no Ballon Dor. You can only win that at a top club. Ronaldos ego will keep him at Real. He's obsessed with individual awards over team awards.

dclane

Quote from: GJL on June 19, 2017, 10:09:23 AM

We'll see.

Look at what Real have won the last few years. What would they have won without him? The success will follow him including the individual awards.
You dont think Real would still have trophies? You dont think that  maybe they would have bought  someone else if they didn't have Ronaldo?
United need more than one player to win the Premier  League ffs.  Anyone that thinks if Ronaldo comes back to United that they will automatically win the league are deluded. Then this is Man United fans we are talking about I suppose

NAG1

As much as I and 99.9% of United fans would love to see him come back the chances are the complete opposite to that.

He is coming to the end of his career and does he want to go back to the EPL where every game is a dog fight and every one is expected to graft. He isnt expected and doesnt do this at Madrid now so chances of him changing at this point in his career are very slim.

Sounds very much to me like he is using his profile within the club to influence the tax case against him and probably blackmailing the club into a bigger better contract at which point he can he to America for his retirement.

GJL

Quote from: dclane on June 19, 2017, 10:41:21 AM

We'll see.

You dont think Real would still have trophies? You dont think that  maybe they would have bought  someone else if they didn't have Ronaldo?
United need more than one player to win the Premier  League ffs.  Anyone that thinks if Ronaldo comes back to United that they will automatically win the league are deluded. Then this is Man United fans we are talking about I suppose

No. Not all of them.

Who else would they have bought that would even have made half the impact?

Nobody suggested that Utd would automatically win the league if Ronaldo came back but it would significantly increase their chances especially with a few more smart buys.

(By the way, I don't think he will leave Real.).

dclane

Quote from: GJL on June 19, 2017, 08:01:19 PM

We'll see.

No. Not all of them.

Nobody suggested that Utd would automatically win the league if Ronaldo came back but it would significantly increase their chances especially with a few more smart buys.

Nobody..really?
This was was just on the previous page!

QuoteRonnie in red, instant title winners without question if he stays healthy, he is that good.

GJL

Quote from: dclane on June 19, 2017, 08:06:31 PM
Quote from: GJL on June 19, 2017, 08:01:19 PM

We'll see.

No. Not all of them.

Nobody..really?
This was was just on the previous page!

QuoteRonnie in red, instant title winners without question if he stays healthy, he is that good.
Fair point but I did not suggest it. The rest of my post stands.

magpie seanie

I actually think Stew is right here. If Ronaldo went to United I'd give them a great chance of winning the league next season. All up in the air though.

screenexile

Bye bye Ronaldo. . . so close yet so far  :'( :'( :'( :'(

NAG1

Lukaku for £75m, its a big fee but I suppose he is proven in the EPL and he is still young enough.

Probably less of a gamble than Morata at this stage.

DuffleKing

Underwhelmed if he's going to be the marquees signing and the focal point of the attack.