Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

quit yo jibbajabba

Fermanagh man Cyril McGuinness. Known as Dublin Jimmy. Worst nickname ever. Was Fermanagh Cyril already taken?!  ;D

yellowcard

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on November 08, 2019, 03:13:10 PM
I wouldn't claim to be fully up to speed with the whole history of this but is it just me or does it seem like this has all stepped up several gears since the Spotlight programme. Seems like it has pressured the cops on all sides to get their fingers out now that Kevin Lunney has gone public and described his awful ordeal. Or am I just being too cynical and is this the accumulation of months of work which just so happens to coincide with the Spotlight programme. Never any such thing as a coincidence in my book.

Certainly looks that way, just reading that Dublin Jimmy had run ins with Garda officers before, perhaps they just didn't want to go near this guy for fear of reprisal.

Perhaps it raises questions about the previous structure of the business and whether there was more than a single layer of ownership.

GetOverTheBar

I wouldn't claim to be fully up to speed with the whole history of this but is it just me or does it seem like this has all stepped up several gears since the Spotlight programme. Seems like it has pressured the cops on all sides to get their fingers out now that Kevin Lunney has gone public and described his awful ordeal. Or am I just being too cynical and is this the accumulation of months of work which just so happens to coincide with the Spotlight programme. Never any such thing as a coincidence in my book.

A firm kick on the hole will do that. I don't blame Lunny for going public, he probably didn't even want to. But something is at least being done anyway.

At first I thought it was some kind of republican gang behind it, but after watching the spotlight show seems like it was amateur hour, holding him up instead of cable ties, then cable tied, then had to cut cable ties to take off the jacket. Maybe I'm giving the aforementioned Republican gangs too much credit but thought they might be a bit 'slicker'....for want of a better word/ 

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 08, 2019, 04:29:07 PM
Fermanagh man Cyril McGuinness. Known as Dublin Jimmy. Worst nickname ever. Was Fermanagh Cyril already taken?!  ;D
But he was a Dub...

supersarsfields

I hear the premises raided in Derrylin/ Teemore are linked to the family of the person involved in the incident earlier in the year where KL got his nose broke.

Jim Bob

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 08, 2019, 04:43:25 PM

A firm kick on the hole will do that. I don't blame Lunny for going public, he probably didn't even want to. But something is at least being done anyway.

At first I thought it was some kind of republican gang behind it, but after watching the spotlight show seems like it was amateur hour, holding him up instead of cable ties, then cable tied, then had to cut cable ties to take off the jacket. Maybe I'm giving the aforementioned Republican gangs too much credit but thought they might be a bit 'slicker'....for want of a better word/

Listening to the victims account the other night it seems a bit of an amateur job myself. Especially when it only occurred to them during the event to go and buy some bleach

grounded

Im sure its been put up before but i thought this article gives a fascinating insight into the cement industry in ireland.
https://villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2012/11/the-cement-billionaires/

Itchy

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 08, 2019, 06:39:23 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 08, 2019, 04:43:25 PM

Listening to the victims account the other night it seems a bit of an amateur job myself. Especially when it only occurred to them during the event to go and buy some bleach

Well I did tell ye you were dealing with dissident Republicans morons in one of my earlier posts

rodney trotter

When he wss originally from Dublin, its hardly the worst nickname ever...

quit yo jibbajabba

Dont take everything you read on tinternet literally wodney

smelmoth

The events of this case like those in Essex are utterly repellent but a potential upside is the routing of the type of scumbags that have lorded it around the border area for too long

five points

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 09, 2019, 02:38:14 AM

When he wss originally from Dublin, its hardly the worst nickname ever...

I've heard locally that it was his Dublin accent that gave rise to the nickname.

rodney trotter

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 09, 2019, 08:52:28 AM
Dont take everything you read on tinternet literally wodney

I'm not going by the Internet. He is originally from Swords, sure talk to anyone from Ballyconnell or Derrylin and they will tell you. 

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM