Tyrone Club Fixtures

Started by blewuporstuffed, October 11, 2016, 12:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Before I start, i dont want this to turn into a county board bashing thread!
I realise the fixtures issue is a complex one and is very very difficult to solve.
I am looking for posters to make suggestions about how the thing can be improved.

The fixtures this year for clubs have been an absolute disaster, so something has to change.
We are in the situation now where in mid October we still have two rounds of league fixtures to play then promotion relegation play offs AND the reserve championship!
For senior clubs, we haven't had a league fixture now in 8 weeks.There will obviously be none next week either and then with the ulster club on 30th October that's likely to be another week with no club football.
Like i said rather than just bash the county board, has anyone any suggestions on how to improve the situation for both senior and reserves?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

Start the league earlier and get it finished by the start of August. And why has there not been games the past four weeks, especially last weekend and this, makes no sense at all, but as earlier start with mid week games would be better with it cleared up by august before the championship

The Trap

All clubs vote the way the CCCCCCCCCCC wanted them to at the start of the year and then they would give a f**k.........

nobodyknows

Personally I feel all Senior/ reserve games should be played on Friday/ Saturday Evenings obviously when day light allows this to do so. There is also no reason as to why clubs cant play a mid week fixture throughout the summer months, im sure players would rather have a game than training. I appreciate that the travel and time for teams may be an issue so it should between two local teams.

I also think that the reserve competition also needs a rejig and should take the form of a 'junior' competition where there are two divisions of teams in both the west/ east. Each team will nominate 12 players who fielded in the last senior fixture that are ineligible to play in this competition. These games should take place on evenings prior to senior fixtures or also throughout the week.   

Tyrone Gaa

I agree that reserve competitions should take on a role of their own, with promotion/relegation.  Games can be played 13 a side if necessary and can be played midweek not to clash with the senior game.  The attendances are poor so its not like they should take a hit.  The problem I see with it is the availability of referees and the CB's reluctance to fund this expense.

Its a disgrace that no round of the reserve championship has been played to date.
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

I think the only way is to have the league played before the championship.
When you are out of the championship then its season over.
That may involve starting the league a  week or two earlier or maybe compressing the season a bit, but at least i would lead to regular games.

One criticism i would have is the lack of communication of fixtures. why can we not be let know at this stage what the plan is? Clubs still have no idea when the remaining games are likley to be
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Trap on October 11, 2016, 12:25:12 PM
All clubs vote the way the CCCCCCCCCCC wanted them to at the start of the year and then they would give a f**k.........

I know the CCC where in favour of an early round of the championship and the clubs voted against it, but would have really solved the issue we are having now anyway?

Is it feasible to make extra time compulsory in the event of a draw? Leaving less replays?

The Trap

I know the CCC where in favour of an early round of the championship and the clubs voted against it, but would have really solved the issue we are having now anyway?

If anyone can recall the CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC sent out an email to clubs about playing an early round of the championship that listed about 20 PROS for this and 1 CON. In other words they REALLY wanted this to happen. Clubs (rightly in my opinion) voted against this and because of that I feel that ever since Tyrone went out of the championship they are being punished.

Why have the final 2 league games been played? Who really cares whether they are all played together or not......
Why has the reserve championship not been played? The first round should have been played the week after every first round fixture just like they used to be and then played out thereafter.

What appetite is there now for the final 2 league games, play offs or reserve championship?

Norf Tyrone

As blewup states communication, or lack of, is my biggest gripe.

However a suggestion. Get rid of the holiday fortnight. People rarely take holidays at this time of the year anymore, or at least it's not very different to the rest of the summer months. In North Tyrone the two weeks they take is not even our usual holiday period.

Run one set of Friday night, Sunday evening fixtures.

Eliminate replays from at least round one of the Championship.

That's 3 rounds of fixtures at least saved and allows more time later in the year.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 11, 2016, 01:23:09 PM
As blewup states communication, or lack of, is my biggest gripe.

However a suggestion. Get rid of the holiday fortnight. People rarely take holidays at this time of the year anymore, or at least it's not very different to the rest of the summer months. In North Tyrone the two weeks they take is not even our usual holiday period.

Run one set of Friday night, Sunday evening fixtures.

Eliminate replays from at least round one of the Championship.

That's 3 rounds of fixtures at least saved and allows more time later in the year.
All pretty good ideas Norf.
The holiday period one is a good one.
If we are to have a holiday period, maybe it should be at the beginning of  August when Tyrone are likely to be involved in qtr finals or qualifiers rounds. that would that  is less likely to have to use a starred game then.

Hereiam

How many clubs are still training to play there last two games. I agree that the two week holiday should be done away with which this year meant with Tyrone games etc there were no games played for 4 weeks in the height of summer which is stupid

Legoman5

Yous obv arent players if you wana scrap the holiday period!

blewuporstuffed

I still think there is a place for the holiday period. The trouble is we have that gap in fixtures for the holiday period and then loads of other gaps with no games as well where the holiday period might have been better served.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Legoman5 on October 11, 2016, 01:59:51 PM
Yous obv arent players if you wana scrap the holiday period!

I'm not.

However I know loads of players who don't take their hols in that period.

Whats your suggestion?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Trap

My suggestion would be to TRY OUR VERY BEST to have a fixtures schedule at the start of the year and stick to it (despite whatever obstacles there are). That way you wouldn't need a designated holiday period as players could look at the schedule and plan hols, weddings, stag do's, concerts etc around it.
Whenever the play offs etc are over and we know the make up of the 3 divisions have a committee set up immediately to put this in place. Surely we could get 15 games played from St Patricks Day and the end of August. Teams with county players would probably get a raw deal at times but I think that's the way it is going and we will have to bite the bullet.