Change

Started by irunthev, December 06, 2006, 03:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

If you were to be allowed to make one change to the NFL or NHL for the coming year what would it be. Change can be either in structure or rule.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Gnevin

Dublin V Dongeal in Parnell park    :P ;D

but seriously ,bring back the sin bin and actually try it this time

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

youbetterbelieveit

I would like to see accumulated yellow card been brought in once the rules are properly implemented.

also
abit more respect for Refs.

Croí na hÉireann

Bring in the International Rules sin bin, if you get a yellow you're off for 10 mins.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

bailestil

all rolling balls can be lifted.

Fed up having different interpretations from different refs (and even the same ref, depending on how he's balancing out the game)

never kickt a ball

Change the name of a hop ball to a throw up. Better referees in general and umpires too.

Shamrock Shore

Have vouchers in the program for each game with some classa ticket number like, say LD 250307 1256 (meaning the purchaser bought a program at a Longford home game on 25 Mar 07 and he was number 1256)

Each county than gets 100 All Ireland football tickets that it can then draw out the numbers and offer the program holder the choice to buy 2 AI tickets. If an away supporter wins then too bad - that's the luck of the draw.

Or something like that. Idea probably would need fine tuning.

Lecale2

Good point. But if you want to bring a young fella to a final, it's v hard to get tickets together.

Bogball XV

4 points for a goal is a great idea, but since I'm only allowed one idea it has to be:

The sin bin for 10 mins for a yellow - why the f**k did they get rid of this??  It makes so much sense imo.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 06, 2006, 09:53:29 PM
Good point. But if you want to bring a young fella to a final, it's v hard to get tickets together.

Sign of the times Lecale. Look at footage of old AI finals and all you will see is men with caps on etc. Now AI finals have an explosion of kids at them.