Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Hillarious that guy made freddie flintoff look good lol

Insane Bolt

Fair play to Danny Glover for refereeing 😂

screenexile

What's the weight difference Mayweather looked twice the size of that cub!!

nrico2006

Mayweather is far bigger than the Japanese fella. The fella was quick and his hands were sharp but he had zero punch resistance. Mayweather isnt a big puncher and isnt that much bigger to cause the impact he did. Your man kept sort of bouncing too, very weird. Would love to have seen him just fire the legs and knees into Mayweather though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 31, 2018, 08:01:28 PM
Mayweather is far bigger than the Japanese fella. The fella was quick and his hands were sharp but he had zero punch resistance. Mayweather isnt a big puncher and isnt that much bigger to cause the impact he did. Your man kept sort of bouncing too, very weird. Would love to have seen him just fire the legs and knees into Mayweather though.

It's crazy though McGregor and this young lad who are relative boxing novices think they're going to do something against arguably the greatest boxer that has ever entered the ring??

I understand there's a big payout but how much damage does that do to the brand?? Especially McGregor who got smashed quite easily the last time he was in the octagon. Surely if he gets smashed up again in his next fight it will tarnish his legacy and he'll struggle to maintain his status!

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Insane Bolt on December 31, 2018, 05:21:40 PM
Fair play to Danny Glover for refereeing 😂

disgusting comment  :(

Insane Bolt

ONeill

Twas only an exhibition, not a fight.

Bit like getting Johnny Logan into the ring with Tyson Fury and seeing who'll go to watch it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

That wee Japanese fella appeared to have the power of a 7 year old. You'd see better pub fighters in any town in Ireland.

Gabriel_Hurl

Canelo vs Danny Jacobs in a middleweight unification fight on May 4th

laoislad

I see Laois man TJ Doheny retained his World title in Madison Square garden last night.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bennydorano

Lennox Lewis's thoughts on the state of the Heavyweight Division, good read.

http://locfoundation.org/news-events

BennyHarp

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the retirement of George Groves. A fighter who grew on me over the years and I was pleased that he eventually lifted a world title. Was comprehensively beaten by Callum Smith and was sensible enough to know his time was up at that level. It seems that the fight in which he seriously injured Guknecht played a factor in his decision and I'm not sure he was the same fighter after that incident.

I noticed Carl Froch was classy as usual with his comments.
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

He was never the same after Froch took his soul and obliterated him in the second fight.

Boycey

I always had a soft spot for Groves, he was always game.