Copa America 2007

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 25, 2007, 06:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Argentinas big guns just did not shine.  Messi tried a bit but to no avail.

ONeill

Arsene should look into signing thon lad Baptista.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FL/MAYO

Very disappointing game, I thought that if Brazil scored first it would be a cracker as Argentina are supposed to be a far better side. Argentina gave up after the first twenty minutes.

AZOffaly

Typical Argentina I thought. They are simply afraid of their shite of Brazil. They were the far, far better team on paper, but once Brazil scored their second, the fight just left Argentina, and they never really looked like breaking Brazil down.

Considering Brazil were missing Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gilberto and a few others, I think Argentina's best hope in 2010 is to avoid them completely.

ExiledGael

Brazil were available on some places last night before the game at 4/1! Unbelievable but brilliant for me

FL/MAYO

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 16, 2007, 06:02:05 PM
Typical Argentina I thought. They are simply afraid of their shite of Brazil. They were the far, far better team on paper, but once Brazil scored their second, the fight just left Argentina, and they never really looked like breaking Brazil down.

Considering Brazil were missing Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gilberto and a few others, I think Argentina's best hope in 2010 is to avoid them completely.

I thought there was a few missing alright, the Argies were lucky that the rest of the team were not playing.

AZ are you still living in Arizona? I played a rugby game in Tuscon about twenty years ago, the desert was beautiful.... far nicer than you find up near Vegas.

AZOffaly

I presume you are taking the same line I did with the auld username and are in fact a Mayo person living in Florida?

To answer your question, no, I'm not still in Arizona, I adopted this username in 1997 when I moved there, but I returned in 2001. I kept the username. I still love Arizona though, a beautiful place and a great place to live.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 17, 2007, 10:01:22 AM
I presume you are taking the same line I did with the auld username and are in fact a Mayo person living in Florida?

To answer your question, no, I'm not still in Arizona, I adopted this username in 1997 when I moved there, but I returned in 2001. I kept the username. I still love Arizona though, a beautiful place and a great place to live.

Ya I am in Florida for the last 15 years after an 8 year stint in NYC. I hope to move back myself but not for another 10 years when I get the full pension from the job. I am looking forward to it as I have am sick of the Florida summers, huirricanes etc. You can never get Ireland out of the system. I know it will not be easy to move but if I expect it to be tough to settle back in. Have you any good advice so I can plan ahead?

AZOffaly

cicfada is the man for the advice, he moved back last year from Florida to Cork.

You won't recognise day to day life when you get back :D  The one thing I would say is buy your furniture for the new house over in the states and Ship it back in a container with you. That's an easy saving.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 17, 2007, 02:29:03 PM
cicfada is the man for the advice, he moved back last year from Florida to Cork.

You won't recognise day to day life when you get back :D  The one thing I would say is buy your furniture for the new house over in the states and Ship it back in a container with you. That's an easy saving.

Ya I know cicfada pretty well, he lived a couple of miles away. He had some good advice as well. He likes it back there, took him a while to settle. I will ship as much as possible back as the price differance is crazy. Hope the dollar improves or else the auld pension will be f**ked. Looking forward to it though even if it is 10 years away.