Cryptocurrency

Started by gallsman, September 01, 2017, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

clarshack

TabClear

Quote from: clarshack on January 17, 2018, 03:23:02 PM
good time to buy then?

The phrase "Never try to catch a falling knife springs to mind". But these Cryptocurrencies seem to have a whole new set of rules so who knows. I personally think that one of the "Big" tech companies is going to come up with something that has some degree of intrinsic value, whether through guarantees, greater acceptability etc that will kill the majority of these.

But if I knew what i was talking about I would have bought Bitcoin at €1,000 last year and be crying about only having 8 times my money rather than 20!  :-\ :-\

The Iceman

the value is in the blockchain technology - companies who embrace that and make practical uses for it make sense - theres a company called ShipChain that are working on use cases in the logistics space...
the currency to me was always a huge risk. There's no such thing as a get rick quick scheme. The amount of these currencies popping up is as frequent as the experts who will sell them to you.
Sorry to all who bought recently and just lost money
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Mike Tyson

Quote from: TabClear on January 17, 2018, 03:45:54 PM
Quote from: clarshack on January 17, 2018, 03:23:02 PM
good time to buy then?

The phrase "Never try to catch a falling knife springs to mind". But these Cryptocurrencies seem to have a whole new set of rules so who knows. I personally think that one of the "Big" tech companies is going to come up with something that has some degree of intrinsic value, whether through guarantees, greater acceptability etc that will kill the majority of these.

But if I knew what i was talking about I would have bought Bitcoin at €1,000 last year and be crying about only having 8 times my money rather than 20!  :-\ :-\

On the contrary, if you look at the price of Bitcoin, its mirroring a classic bubble price over time graph. Shown here at the top of the page: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/01/11/uncanny-chart-shows-bitcoin-bubble-could-burst/

If you Google Bitcoin vs Dotcom bubble, again the comparisons are uncanny so far.

As Iceman said, the real potential seems to be in the technology underpinning the currencies as opposed to the actual currencies themselves.

gallsman

Been crashing the last few days and I've taken a big hit. Might interest anyone thinking about buying that the yearly low of BTC has been mid January for the last three years.

DickyRock

I'm still holding. I bought low, and when I did I knew the money I put in was at risk.

I used to work for a crypto company and still work within the blockchain industry. I still believe in cryptocurrencies, but I wouldn't be investing my life savings, nor have I the time/desire to become a day trader.

As always do your own research.

gallsman

I'm holding too. My entire portfolio is up a third in the last 5 hours. Very, very welcome after the last few days.

Mickey Linden

Dubs 1/2 for next year all ireland. Anyone still looking at crypto needs their head read

gallsman

Bitcoin about to go past 30k USD.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: screenexile on January 17, 2018, 02:16:36 PM
Quote from: DickyRock on December 07, 2017, 05:51:31 PM
Quote from: DickyRock on November 29, 2017, 03:02:15 PM
One word

HOLD

And now???

Looks like there's been a bit of a crash in Cryptocurrencies today!!

40k today, keep holding, it's long term play  ;)

RedHand88

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 02, 2018, 11:15:12 PM
Dubs 1/2 for next year all ireland. Anyone still looking at crypto needs their head read

Hi from 2021  ;D

trailer

Unreal. I had 3k that I threw into an account back in Dec and it's worth over 6k now.