Irish News sells its soul

Started by red hander, March 06, 2008, 02:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Not only has today's IN got a big British Army recruitment advert on page 19, but on Page 4 of its weekly 'Jobs On Thursday' insert is a 'platform' piece extolling the virtues of dying for the queen by some chinless wonder called Lieutenant Colonel Dick Rafferty, beautifully illustrated by three SAS heroes abseiling from a Puma helicopter...

Bogball XV

The paper has been going steadily downhill over the past few years - it's becoming more and more tabloidesque imo with it's sensationalist investigative journalism etc, still, the sport is excellent.

Doogie Browser

This will not go down well with a majority of its readers, particularly given the anniversary of the Gibraltar 3 is today.

screenmachine

have to agree with bogball, the sport is good and its about all i read in it to be honest.  With this latest development I mightn't even bother doing that from now on!!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

give her dixie

I'm at a loss today.
Do I apply for the T.A.s, or the happy looking PSNI, or do I go to the Army recruitment day at Massereene Barracks.
It's a tough choice today in the Irish News.
I will take a day to consider my options.....
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Evil Genius

Quote from: red hander on March 06, 2008, 02:01:36 PM
Not only has today's IN got a big British Army recruitment advert on page 19, but on Page 4 of its weekly 'Jobs On Thursday' insert is a 'platform' piece extolling the virtues of dying for the queen by some chinless wonder called Lieutenant Colonel Dick Rafferty, beautifully illustrated by three SAS heroes abseiling from a Puma helicopter...

For goodness sake! After years of complaining about discrimination against Nationalists in the jobs market, now when we do have advertisements for Government jobs open to all, you're still complaining. There's just no pleasing some people... ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"