FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Quote from: 6th sam on October 15, 2017, 08:52:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 15, 2017, 06:52:35 PM
Christ, you lads have a serious chip on your shoulders. You'd want to spend some time down south and see how little people in the care about slighting the north. We're just getting on with life.

We don't spend our time imagining every little incident to be some part of a grand conspiracy, even though if either side was to think the other had it out for them it would be the south and not the north.

All you do is drive your biggest allies away by being dîckheads, good luck with where that leads.
😂my "chip" must be my Connacht blood!
Easy on the personal abuse Syferus .
I agree that there can be an unhealthy paranoia from nordies towards the South but you have obviously been infected with the same paranoia.
Brian Kerr's views on the potential of Irish soccer are deluded, and he has chosen to denigrate the likes of Martin O'Neill and James McClean on a week when the Irish soccer team secured an incredible result in the circumstances. With the best intentions of The irish soccer  fraternity , we will not be able to produce the quantity of flair players of the top countries, from within the confines of the 26 counties. To be competitive we have to widen the net, and play tactics to suit our limitations. History has proven that.
The fact that BRIAN Kerr has clearly stated that he doesn't want to extend the net into every corner of this island , means that he is prepared to weaken our hand but as well as that make the ROI soccer team a "cold house" for those who want to play for or support their country. I'm sorry if it annoys you, Syferus but I find that attitude insulting, but sadly typical of a minority in the south who are overtly antagonistic to northern nationalists . There are millions of people outside of the 26 counties who feel as Irish as those who happen to be born inside the confines of a border imposed less than 100 years ago. Whether it's Scotland England, USA  , the North etc, The millions who define themselves as Irish no matter what jurisdiction they happen to live in, are what makes us punch well above our weight as a nation . Don't further insult that reality by defining it as a chip on a shoulder.

"An incredible result ".  Ah come on .  A bunch of largely EPL/EFL journey men beat a bunch of EPL/EFL journey men in an ugly game .

6th sam

Quote from: ashman on October 16, 2017, 09:32:05 AM
Quote from: 6th sam on October 15, 2017, 08:52:31 PM
Christ, you lads have a serious chip on your shoulders. You'd want to spend some time down south and see how little people in the care about slighting the north. We're just getting on with life.

We don't spend our time imagining every little incident to be some part of a grand conspiracy, even though if either side was to think the other had it out for them it would be the south and not the north.

All you do is drive your biggest allies away by being dîckheads, good luck with where that leads.
😂my "chip" must be my Connacht blood!
Easy on the personal abuse Syferus .
I agree that there can be an unhealthy paranoia from nordies towards the South but you have obviously been infected with the same paranoia.
Brian Kerr's views on the potential of Irish soccer are deluded, and he has chosen to denigrate the likes of Martin O'Neill and James McClean on a week when the Irish soccer team secured an incredible result in the circumstances. With the best intentions of The irish soccer  fraternity , we will not be able to produce the quantity of flair players of the top countries, from within the confines of the 26 counties. To be competitive we have to widen the net, and play tactics to suit our limitations. History has proven that.
The fact that BRIAN Kerr has clearly stated that he doesn't want to extend the net into every corner of this island , means that he is prepared to weaken our hand but as well as that make the ROI soccer team a "cold house" for those who want to play for or support their country. I'm sorry if it annoys you, Syferus but I find that attitude insulting, but sadly typical of a minority in the south who are overtly antagonistic to northern nationalists . There are millions of people outside of the 26 counties who feel as Irish as those who happen to be born inside the confines of a border imposed less than 100 years ago. Whether it's Scotland England, USA  , the North etc, The millions who define themselves as Irish no matter what jurisdiction they happen to live in, are what makes us punch well above our weight as a nation . Don't further insult that reality by defining it as a chip on a shoulder.

"An incredible result ".  Ah come on .  A bunch of largely EPL/EFL journey men beat a bunch of EPL/EFL journey men in an ugly game .

Agreed, describing the result as "incredible" was slightly over the top😜

foxcommander

If this is what you call "biggest allies" I'd hate to see what enemies would do.
Some might say it's a very free state attitude towards the north. Not me obviously.

Who are you calling dickheads by the way? Anyone in particular?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Itchy

Looking at the teams in the hat I think Switzerland would be my hope.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on October 16, 2017, 08:58:57 PM
Looking at the teams in the hat I think Switzerland would be my hope.

Denmark are the weakest by a good bit. Anyone but Italy we have half a chance against.

general_lee

Denmark, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia. In that order.

ashman

Quote from: general_lee on October 17, 2017, 11:38:46 AM

Agree .  That said the Danes are a bit more physical than the Swiss .

I would imagine the notional Dane would want

NI , ROI   , Greece , Sweden .

AZOffaly

It's going to be Italy so they can wax us after we went mental after beating their B team in the Euros.

shark

I agree with this. I think our chances against Italy or Croatia would be minimal, but somehow I'd rather Italy to the Croats.

Boycey

Quote from: shark on October 17, 2017, 11:46:49 AM

I agree with this. I think our chances against Italy or Croatia would be minimal, but somehow I'd rather Italy to the Croats.

Croatia finished 2nd in a group won by Iceland..

stew

Right so, the Republic will get Denmark, the north will get Italy, you heard it here first.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

clarshack

anyone who wants Italy is crazy. with the dutch not qualifying for the World Cup, FIFA will not want another big european football nation to not qualify. should the Italians need any help in getting through the playoffs - they'll get it.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Itchy

Physically the Danes will match us and our 1 dimensional play wont work against them. The Swiss were 2nd in a brutal group, they will be flaky too. Ideal for us. Italy are a knock out team, getting them would be a disaster and Croatia have a lot of top quality players.

Swiss, Danes, Croatia, Italy in that order for me.