Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

two serious tight games. what was the Dall game like?

players all available to both teams?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

Cushendall won with a goal in last minute of the game from Neal McManus, decent game and an improvement on our performance against Loughgiel but still much to do.  Cushendall without Graffin & Magill, dunloy without Paddy Richmond, Sean Dowds & Dick
What happens next????

Shrek

Quote from: maxpower on May 12, 2010, 10:22:33 AM
Cushendall won with a goal in last minute of the game from Neal McManus, decent game and an improvement on our performance against Loughgiel but still much to do.  Cushendall without Graffin & Magill, dunloy without Paddy Richmond, Sean Dowds & Dick

Travelled down to watch this one expecting a bit more of a game, Thought it was pretty awful to be honest. Some good scores from both teams all the same.

I think Cushendall where also missing Kevin Elliott (if hes playing at all)

NAG1

Think Dunloy using a bit of experience and giving the boys a break after the full winters training, think it would be slightly more worrying for the other big two that loughgiel couldnt pull away from them (with them playing v poorly) and cushendall needing a last minute goal to beat them at home, with both of them in full flight training wise.

Would you not say so Max?

Sure graffin will be sunning himself in a different time zone for the summer anyway  ;)

KE has reitred again by all accounts - oh by the way anyone able to pick the county men out of each team on performance?

Two Hands FFS

Elliott not retired.played the first 3 league games.

johnneycool

Quote from: the colonel on May 11, 2010, 09:43:26 PM
Cushendall  3-12 2-14 Dunloy  Cushendall Round 4 
Ballycastle  2-11 1-14 Ballygalget  Ballycastle Round 4

I'd have thought we'd be happy enough to get a point on the board after three games, all three up in the glens.

I wonder if we're getting hammered for the refereeing issue as was on the Antrim GAA web site a good few weeks back, but I see other teams also mentioned having home fixtures and AFAIK no one of authority in the club has been told of a penalty of losing home games due to the referee issue.

maxpower

Quote from: NAG1 on May 12, 2010, 10:46:55 AM
Think Dunloy using a bit of experience and giving the boys a break after the full winters training, think it would be slightly more worrying for the other big two that loughgiel couldnt pull away from them (with them playing v poorly) and cushendall needing a last minute goal to beat them at home, with both of them in full flight training wise.

Would you not say so Max?

Sure graffin will be sunning himself in a different time zone for the summer anyway  ;)

KE has reitred again by all accounts - oh by the way anyone able to pick the county men out of each team on performance?

I'd say we're not entirely unhappy with where we are at but we have still lost to our biggest rivals and so obvious that improvement is needed.  I'd be surprised if graffin isn't hurling in a County Final in September and so Cushendall have room for improvement, i'd think the young lad Brick would be a decent addition when he gets fit (reliable freetaker) and Cushendall are always better as the year goes on, so it would be foolish of us to not be aware that they can and possibly will improve as much as ourselves.

Loughgiel the same, Winker & JC were quiet against us, Martin Scullion didn't play and Joey Scullion will only improve now he's home from Oz.

What happens next????

NAG1

Yeah Max, I wasnt saying that there wasnt room for improvement across the board, but I was saying that for by the defeat to the local rivals there would be very little to be overly concerned about.

What did you make of the county squad men over the two games then from all three teams?

maxpower

Its hard to gauge the opposition as your always watching your own men but

Loughgiel
Eddie McCloskey hurled well (is he on squad), Winker was quiet but scored a goal and excellent point, Johnny Campbell had a decent game but for me McCloskey & McKillop were probaly there two best players.  Neill McGarry went off with what looked like a torn hamstring after about 10 mins

Cushendall
Neal McManus had a good game, Shane McNaughton took his goal and 1/2 points well from play and looked lively but wasted a fair few decent possessions too, Mckeegan was corner forward and didn't really get into the game such was Cushendall's desire to find Shane.  Graffin not on

Dunloy
Magee didn't have his two best games over the last few, at fault for a goal against loughgiel and missed a pen against the dall, but a class act and in my opinion the one position where Antrim are as strong as any other county in Ireland, Shorty was lively against the dall dropping into midfield to pick up ball but in neither game did he reach his normal hieghts. do we have anyone else on panel.  over two games Kevin McKeague, Conor Cunning and Kevin Molloy where our better players.
What happens next????

NAG1

Was just curious of some one else opinion because I wouldnt have said any of them stood out maybe barring McManus, seem to be of the same standard as the ordinary club player, dont know if this is down to training load or what!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: groundlie on May 12, 2010, 03:29:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2010, 12:24:22 PM
St Johns hammered last night!! the hurling bubble has burst big time at the Corrigan road ground.

hurling on the slide and the footballers doing well in the leagues.

Hows underage and senior hurling going in St Galls? Much young talent coming through? Are St Johns not top of Div 2 as far as I Know? Thanks Champ.

ours is shite Groudile, haven't won a feile in years and havent won minor since Karl Stewart's team (our only minor win) Struggling to make an impression at Juvenile, but will plug away

st Johns top by virtue of played one extra game!!

my point being i expect more from a team that has produced a string of excellent hurlers at underage recently and after watching the Rossa game and hearing the result from the under 21's from a Cushendall team who would not be the best, surprising?

As a clubman your bound to be a little concerned Groundlie. keep your knickers on ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

Quote from: NAG1 on May 12, 2010, 03:30:03 PM
Was just curious of some one else opinion because I wouldnt have said any of them stood out maybe barring McManus, seem to be of the same standard as the ordinary club player, dont know if this is down to training load or what!

I don't think they were playing at a different level that the club players around them and it may be down to training load, sometimes though we expect to much of our county men, with the sheer number of games they play there is bound to be plenty of times where they just think fcuk it get this game over.

I always think you see there true value in July Auguest when the county scene is over and they are 100% committed to club action with championships coming
What happens next????

Arthur_Friend

Glenariff 2-16 Portaferry 1-13

Tight match, could have gone either way. Glenariff squandered a good 6 point start gained in the first ten minutes by stopping for the rest of the first half. Portaferry lead at half time by 2. Glenariff pulled away in the last ten mins for a 6 point win.

Minder

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on May 12, 2010, 09:19:44 PM
Glenariff 2-16 Portaferry 1-13

Tight match, could have gone either way. Glenariff squandered a good 6 point start gained in the first ten minutes by stopping for the rest of the first half. Portaferry lead at half time by 2. Glenariff pulled away in the last ten mins for a 6 point win.

It seems everyone else is playing for second place Artie.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Glensman

Quote from: groundlie on May 13, 2010, 01:04:42 AM
Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2010, 09:48:23 PM
Ah balax

St. Johns    3-15   0-11   St. Pauls

It's tight at the top.

Has the bubble still burst?

One swallow...

Why was the county game not played last night? Are they away this weekend?