Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Tommy, Rossa always beat the Johnnies when it mattered, was at the game tonight (Ballymena never turned up for my game) and Rossa looked the better team and still short some players.

The Johnnies still over reliant on McFall who scored some fine scores but think football is king up the Whiterock.

was annoyned that Ballymena never wayed in tonight. such a night for hurling wasted.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Liam Watson shortlisted for player of the year.  Must be handy enough at the auld soccer too.

Loughgiel beat Dunloy in Dunloy. That's a big one.

johnneycool

Ports had a good win over Cushendall yesterday, by two or three points in a high scoring contest. I only caught the last 10 minutes where Neil McManus got his second yellow for nothing more than a wee bit of argy bargy and with that the Ports were able to pull away as it'd been a draw at that stage. Thought the ref, a Gareth Duffy (not Garrett Duffy), was a bit picky for my liking and was certainly irking a few Dall lads.

Dall looked a bit light on numbers with only one or two subs. Is there a bit of travelitis up there as well?

We're but in Ballycastle on tuesday night as I'm led to believe that Antrim are playing a friendly on wednesday night in parnell park, I'm assuming that's against Dublin.

the colonel

Missing graffin and paddy mcgill. Also no u21's played as there is championship tonite. That takes almost 7 or so away from the team. Positive enough bearing in mind who we were missing
the difference between success and failure is energy

maxpower

Dunloy beat by 2 goals by Loughgiel, poor enough match, hadn't the intensity you'd expect with this fixture
What happens next????

theskull1

Theres been a poker faced element to early season loughgiel dunloy league games for quite a few years now. Pretty poor fair from both sides. Lg will be slightly more happy with their performance.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Our club ran a hurling tournament for the kids at the weekend. the weather was great and the kids served up a feast of hurling passion and skill.

teams form all over Belfast, south Belfast and North, teams from the Ards Peninsula also in attendance. usually the same faces win these competitions but the trend was bucked at the weekend when Ballygalget won the Cup and Pearses from North Belfast won the Shield.

i know the kids will come away from this feeling great and eager for the next tournament. was played without the Go Games rules and this made for a better show IMHO.

Hopefully this will be a regular thing and well done to all involved
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

aontroim

And why was he still on the field of play to hit that free when there was blood visible on his hand and shorts - weak refereeing  :D

NAG1

Take it this is a wind up HS?

Have they also an appeal in against Naomh Eoin for fielding an over age player?

Milltown Row2

St Johns hammered last night!! the hurling bubble has burst big time at the Corrigan road ground.

hurling on the slide and the footballers doing well in the leagues.

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2010, 12:24:22 PM
St Johns hammered last night!! the hurling bubble has burst big time at the Corrigan road ground.

hurling on the slide and the footballers doing well in the leagues.

I'd have thought their good U-14's would take a year or two to come up through the ranks yet.

How would they be faring at U-16 and minor at the minute?

Milltown Row2

they don't seem to manage to hold on to players

johnneycool

do they lose them to other clubs or do they just disappear?

I suppose these young lads expect the best of everything and after Feile years there just isn't the same impetus and sustained effort with the youngsters and they drift away.

NAG1

Plus looking into it from outside they are pushed so hard to succeed at that level I would say apathy and not giving a toss would come into it after a while. This is the problem with the win at all costs attitude applied on the whiterock for the past number of years, will be interesting to see if they develop over the next few years.

IMO I would doubt it, kids are not long of getting fed up when the pressure is constantly there to win, there doesnt seem to be any fun in actually playing the game they prepare like seniors and have the same attitude. Truth is they are kids and they should be having fun first and foremost. Its all well and good to win u14 feiles and u16 all countys, but I would look more closely at the likes of Dunloy and Cushendall who seem to be able to add 3-4 players every year to their senior squad to build it up. Yes alot of work went in to their current teams but I dont think the same pressures were there to win at all costs. Same could maybe be said of another NA club but not to the same extent at Naomh Eoin.

the colonel

Cushendall  3-12 2-14 Dunloy  Cushendall Round 4 
Ballycastle  2-11 1-14 Ballygalget  Ballycastle Round 4
the difference between success and failure is energy