Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Given Trump's pledge to cut Corp Tax and limit immigration, surely according to Seafoid's analysis,Ireland, North and South will become one large food bank as a direct result of Brexit/Trump

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on November 09, 2016, 10:56:02 PM
Given Trump's pledge to cut Corp Tax and limit immigration, surely according to Seafoid's analysis,Ireland, North and South will become one large food bank as a direct result of Brexit/Trump
It depends on what decisions are made.
The 26 counties are in a better starting position.

I think the Irish/gaelic society is fundamentally more decent.
I know there are a lot of things that can be improved. But the core DNA is better.

England is not good when it is not business as usual. Neither is the US.
It's the Daily Mail/Fox  v   Dúthracht

But there is no time for complacency.

Rossfan

An awful lot of us lost our Dúthracht when McCreevy, the PDs, Builders and Bankers had their neo liberal lemmings wet dream fantasy from 1997 to 2005.
But agree with you the WASPs seem to only be able to operate if they have some other crowd to trample on and put upon.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on November 10, 2016, 11:21:16 AM
An awful lot of us lost our Dúthracht when McCreevy, the PDs, Builders and Bankers had their neo liberal lemmings wet dream fantasy from 1997 to 2005.
But agree with you the WASPs seem to only be able to operate if they have some other crowd to trample on and put upon.
That picture of the Downs lady comforting the Waterford hurler was pure dúthracht. Culture is really important at times like these.

I think the English and the Yanks are being fattened with hatred for a war. War destroys excess capacity in the logic of the system. The alternative is payrises  But the rich won't tolerate payrises.

imtommygunn

I can see that conversation now seafoid.

Right guys either war or an inflation based pay rise - which do you vote for?

Either you are on a different intellectual stratosphere to most of the rest of us or you just talk utter nonsense.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 10, 2016, 11:37:42 AM

Either you are on a different intellectual stratosphere to most of the rest of us or you just talk utter nonsense.
Payrises. You can't have inflation when a tiny minorit'y controls the money. You can't have pensions either. Because capitalism will destroy them. Like it destroyed the NPR.

Angry people end up killing each other. The Mexicans or the Jews or the Pakistanis are nobody's enemy. War  and the system that produces it is the enemy.

I was in Evian in France in the summer. There was a plaque outside a building. Some Jewish lady was arrested and taken away on 21 November and murdered in Auschwitz on 26 November. Wilbur Ross bought Bank of Ireland debt for nothing and sold it for a huge profit after Draghi introduced QE. The state got stuffed with Aib and Anglo debt. Ross is a senior Trump advisor. 

He doesn't care about climate. None of them do. If it was a cartoon Scooby do would expose them. But it is not a cartoon.

Applesisapples

As someone said on twitter lets see if Trump's voters still think he is making America great when they lose their Health Insurance as Obamacare is repealed. Similar to Brexit, turkeys and Christmas.

muppet

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 10, 2016, 01:00:21 PM
As someone said on twitter lets see if Trump's voters still think he is making America great when they lose their Health Insurance as Obamacare is repealed. Similar to Brexit, turkeys and Christmas.

MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2016, 12:55:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 10, 2016, 11:37:42 AM

Payrises. You can't have inflation when a tiny minorit'y controls the money. You can't have pensions either. Because capitalism will destroy them. Like it destroyed the NPR.

Angry people end up killing each other. The Mexicans or the Jews or the Pakistanis are nobody's enemy. War  and the system that produces it is the enemy.

I was in Evian in France in the summer. There was a plaque outside a building. Some Jewish lady was arrested and taken away on 21 November and murdered in Auschwitz on 26 November. Wilbur Ross bought Bank of Ireland debt for nothing and sold it for a huge profit after Draghi introduced QE. The state got stuffed with Aib and Anglo debt. Ross is a senior Trump advisor. 

He doesn't care about climate. None of them do. If it was a cartoon Scooby do would expose them. But it is not a cartoon.

You must leave some carbon footprint with amount of time you're online ffs!! Give the environment a rest and feck off... did you swim to France or walk?? More carbon footprint trails
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Planning going well, I see.

The government has no overall Brexit plan and it could need an extra 30,000 civil servants to deal with the complexity of the task facing the country, according to a leaked memo

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/15/whitehall-struggling-to-cope-with-scale-of-work-arising-from-brexit-vote

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on November 15, 2016, 09:18:27 AM

The government has no overall Brexit plan and it could need an extra 30,000 civil servants to deal with the complexity of the task facing the country, according to a leaked memo

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/15/whitehall-struggling-to-cope-with-scale-of-work-arising-from-brexit-vote

The loss of Euro clearing could cost 85,000 jobs

imtommygunn

Surprise surprise. Clueless idiots.

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2016, 09:52:24 AM

The loss of Euro clearing could cost 85,000 jobs

That's handy,  they can hire them!

Someone noted elsewhere that the EU has only 24000 staff.

Meanwhile British business isn't too keen and no doubt they are telling the Tories so.

Third of large EU companies sees damage from Brexit talks - Deloitte

http://www.independent.ie/business/brexit/third-of-large-eu-companies-sees-damage-from-brexit-talks-deloitte-35216527.html
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 15, 2016, 11:02:26 AM

Surprise surprise. Clueless idiots.

This is where Corbyn is useless. A strong pro-EU opposition leader should wipe the floor with them. Theresa May has been a disaster to date. Her trade mission to India was hilarious, considering they want to ban Indians from immigrating to the UK, which didn't go down too well.  :D
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Brexit is psy ops. It is failing in the real world.
Trump is/will be the same. People cannot eat lies.