Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: seafoid on July 28, 2016, 08:53:41 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 28, 2016, 07:26:24 AM
Left the rental car off at the French side of Geneva airport yesterday then made my way through to the Swiss side of the airport to get my flight. Walked the whole way through the French side and ended up in the arrivals area of Switzerland and not once did I get asked to show any passport/identification. And this is when there is heightened security. Was stopped in Dublin to show my passport. Hardly even looked at it to be fair but they were stopping non Irish passport holders.

The Swiss border is not deemed to be high risk . Dover had tailbacks going back miles, by comparison

There was a bomb scare at it yesterday. Turned out to be a hoax though. My point is I could have been some header with 2 suitcases full of explosives and walked the whole way through the french airport and actually ended up in the baggage collection area of the swiss airport  without being stopped once. Very slack security for a country 'under attack'.

seafoid

The border with France on the south side ofLlake Geneva is drive and be waved  through.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on July 28, 2016, 11:53:21 AM
The border with France on the south side ofLlake Geneva is drive and be waved  through.

What's it like on the east side??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Declan

Thought this was good

seafoid

The UK has no trade negotiators. It has no idea how to negotiate. It does not know what it wants.

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on August 03, 2016, 02:55:52 PM
The UK has no trade negotiators. It has no idea how to negotiate. It does not know what it wants.

You must sit at the top table in the British government!

bennydorano

Watching: Brexit the Battle for Britain (BBC). Reopening old wounds & depressing myself again.

seafoid

UK bonds are now negative yield. Wages are 8% lower in real terms than 10 years ago. RBS hasn't made a profit any year since 2007. The UK is banjaxed.

bennydorano

5th biggest Econony in world, it'll survive alrite.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on August 10, 2016, 05:17:34 PM

Oh well then . . . we'll just go to the pub so it'll all be grand!!

bennydorano

Might as well, bunch of internet discussion board members worrying about it ain't gonna make a difference to anything.

STREET FIGHTER

Has anyone seen any direct effects of it yet?

Maybe too early??

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on August 10, 2016, 05:17:34 PM
I don't think so. Thatcher did a lot of damage that other countries never experienced.

seafoid

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on August 10, 2016, 06:14:01 PM

Maybe too early??
Bond yields are negative. Investment is down. Sterling is down

muppet

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on August 10, 2016, 06:14:01 PM

Maybe too early??

They haven't even started the negotiations yet, mainly because Britain doesn't have negotiators.
MWWSI 2017