Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on June 29, 2016, 05:22:24 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 29, 2016, 04:56:41 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on June 29, 2016, 04:13:38 PM
The question is what were the DUP promised or paid to back the leave side, and who were the pay masters. I don't think this had anything to do with the border as Foster is not stupid she would have known what an exit from Europe would mean. Its maybe a bit of a coincidence that the queen is over here at the minute and i would not discount the fact that the royal establishment pushed for an exit.

Foster knew what it would mean, a border and disruption of cross border trade and although such trade is very important in her own constituency she still went for it.
As for QEII , she too must have known that Leave would kick things off in Scotland and she previously was presumed not to be too keen on the Scots doing their own thing.

Are they both mad? QEII has the excuse of being 90, what's Arlene's excuse?

Meanwhile another dodgy female, Villiers, has stated that NI will not get special treatment   and "I believe we can keep a border which is as open and free-flowing as it is today,". This combination is only possible if they scrap the whole Brexit thing.

I hate Villiers!!!! Even to look at her she looks hateful!

Damm you screen, giving your opinions. I made reference to her looks the day at lunch and got nailed by a senior manager for being sexist!!! :-X ::) 8)

JoG2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 30, 2016, 01:53:51 PM
The question is what were the DUP promised or paid to back the leave side, and who were the pay masters. I don't think this had anything to do with the border as Foster is not stupid she would have known what an exit from Europe would mean. Its maybe a bit of a coincidence that the queen is over here at the minute and i would not discount the fact that the royal establishment pushed for an exit.

Foster knew what it would mean, a border and disruption of cross border trade and although such trade is very important in her own constituency she still went for it.
As for QEII , she too must have known that Leave would kick things off in Scotland and she previously was presumed not to be too keen on the Scots doing their own thing.

Meanwhile another dodgy female, Villiers, has stated that NI will not get special treatment   and "I believe we can keep a border which is as open and free-flowing as it is today,". This combination is only possible if they scrap the whole Brexit thing.

Damm you screen, giving your opinions. I made reference to her looks the day at lunch and got nailed by a senior manager for being sexy! :-X ::) 8)

You had a wee typo there Walter

yellowcard

It looks like the cards have fallen perfectly for Theresa May. Gove standing instead of Johnson has eased her passage through to be the next PM. 

Talk of a second vote is a nonsense and won't happen. The ramifications of a second vote would be far too dangerous in terms of the potential for a rise in hate crime etc. Another campaign would be far too dangerous with the potential for more division. What they need at the minute is stability and a clear plan, not more chaos of the sort that the last week has brought.

johnneycool

Boris shít the togs when the big job beckoned! Surely that's him done as a serious politician, no?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: JoG2 on June 30, 2016, 02:14:39 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 30, 2016, 01:53:51 PM

Damm you screen, giving your opinions. I made reference to her looks the day at lunch and got nailed by a senior manager for being sexy! :-X ::) 8)

You had a wee typo there Walter

First for everything JOG ;)

whatifs

Don't think Boris shit them but  realised he hadnt a mission of getting the support needed as was seen by alot of tory mps as splitting the party over brexit,would expect him to let the dust settle for a few years and work his way back into popularity in the party,he strikes me as shrewd operator and probably didnt think the leave campaign stood much chance of winning but it made him look a progressive potential leader after cameron had done his turn.

Canalman

Quote from: johnneycool on June 30, 2016, 02:19:58 PM
Boris shít the togs when the big job beckoned! Surely that's him done as a serious politician, no?

Would say he totted up the figures of support. Withdrew as a result. He will be back. Needs to be have some sort of ministerial record first.

Reckon the new leader will be whoever DC backs.

Still scratching my head as to how the tories self imploded to lose such a good leader.

mouview

Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2016, 02:18:05 PM
It looks like the cards have fallen perfectly for Theresa May. Gove standing instead of Johnson has eased her passage through to be the next PM. 

Talk of a second vote is a nonsense and won't happen. The ramifications of a second vote would be far too dangerous in terms of the potential for a rise in hate crime etc. Another campaign would be far too dangerous with the potential for more division. What they need at the minute is stability and a clear plan, not more chaos of the sort that the last week has brought.

Which would be more dangerous? Going through with a decision, the proponents of which had no idea they were going to win and no plan what to do when they did. A decision largely arrived at through an older / working class protest vote and an absent younger voter turnout, one which may split the UK irrevocably and propagate a financial winter on what's left of the nation.

Is the alternative of holding a second referendum, one which should deliver a more accurate ballot and considered verdict more perilous? A second vote could hardly cause more chaos where we've already seen 2 political parties riven apart, a tanking of the value in sterling which will lead to a ready-made nearly-immediate recession and a probable egress of investment and planned-now-postponed expansion.

NAG1

Quote from: Canalman on June 30, 2016, 02:37:28 PM

Would say he totted up the figures of support. Withdrew as a result. He will be back. Needs to be have some sort of ministerial record first.

Still scratching my head as to how the tories self imploded to lose such a good leader.

Don't let Boris's buffoon like exterior fool you, he is no such thing. He is a shrewd conniving career politician. It suited him to as London Mayor to play the common man a bit more to get in with the London set. He has been found out here by trying to play both sides of the fence in order to get a crack at being PM. The fact that Leave campaign won was as much a shock to him as anyone else, you just need to look at his post result press conference to see the level of shock he was in.

No wides

Quote from: Canalman on June 30, 2016, 02:37:28 PM

Cameron cost himself his own job underestimating racist little Engerland.

bennydorano

Boris got Gazumped pure & simple, Gove stole in like a thief in the night and got his retaliation in first by having an impromptu  press conference before Boris had a chance to do so. Caught walking / sleeping......

He'll be back when the dust settles in a year or two.

There'll be no 2nd Referendum without a General Election.

yellowcard

Quote from: mouview on June 30, 2016, 02:41:19 PM

Which would be more dangerous? Going through with a decision, the proponents of which had no idea they were going to win and no plan what to do when they did. A decision largely arrived at through an older / working class protest vote and an absent younger voter turnout, one which may split the UK irrevocably and propagate a financial winter on what's left of the nation.

Is the alternative of holding a second referendum, one which should deliver a more accurate ballot and considered verdict more perilous? A second vote could hardly cause more chaos where we've already seen 2 political parties riven apart, a tanking of the value in sterling which will lead to a ready-made nearly-immediate recession and a probable egress of investment and planned-now-postponed expansion.

Lets just wait and see, if there is a second referendum I'll eat my hat.

No wides

Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2016, 03:00:19 PM

We bow to your political in depth knowledge.

Quote from: yellowcard on June 21, 2016, 11:09:54 AM
I think the death of the MP Jo Cox will have had a significant enough impact to affect the vote. Remain will probably win fairly comfortably now by about 60-40.

LeoMc

Interesting figures last night on Newsnight. UK growth forecasts now at -2.2% by the end of 2017. This equates to £350m every 2-3 days. Maybe they will knock down a hospital every week to save it!

yellowcard

Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 03:03:57 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2016, 03:00:19 PM

We bow to your political in depth knowledge.

Quote from: yellowcard on June 21, 2016, 11:09:54 AM
I think the death of the MP Jo Cox will have had a significant enough impact to affect the vote. Remain will probably win fairly comfortably now by about 60-40.

Haha, good lad, it's great to see that you have had the requisite time to dig through my post history, you really have very little to be doing going around trying to pick arguments on a message board in this manner. I suppose you predicted a Brexit too.