NFL Division Two 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: Rossfan on March 20, 2022, 07:54:01 PM
A good win over the Biffs (and Maughtan), with only 14 men for 3 quarters of the game.
Started well and get a good lead early.
Tough luck on young Doyle on his debut, 2 harsh but technically correct yellows.
Mind you Ref couldn't find any card when McNamee jumped on Heneghan's back and flattened him.
Managed the game well but defensive frailties remain as a well beaten side had 24 scoring attempts....
As usual it seemed like a home game for Ros as not many Offaly folk about.
All down to next Sunday where a win guarantees promotion.
A loss or draw could suffice depending on Derry's result v Meath but better to make sure ourselves.
McNamee some operator offaly best forward still. But could have got a red for that challenge he jumped on cathals back,stamped down on his ankles and swong around a closed fist. Mind boggling how he wasn't carded

thejuice

Meath safe with nothing to gain except pride and momentum for the championship next week. Derry playing for promotion. It's a home game for us and if the weather is decent it'll draw a good crowd.

Been ages since Derry have been to Navan for a competitive match. Maybe going back to the days when Tohill and Brolly were playing. I remember us drawing with them on a soaking wet day in February in the early 90's. I know we've played since but not in Navan I think.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

JoG2

Quote from: thejuice on March 20, 2022, 09:05:06 PM
Meath safe with nothing to gain except pride and momentum for the championship next week. Derry playing for promotion. It's a home game for us and if the weather is decent it'll draw a good crowd.

Been ages since Derry have been to Navan for a competitive match. Maybe going back to the days when Tohill and Brolly were playing. I remember us drawing with them on a soaking wet day in February in the early 90's. I know we've played since but not in Navan I think.

We were down on a wet day about 6 years ago Juice. James Keilt was our stand out on the day if I mind right

thejuice

Must be an age thing, I can remember the older games better than the more recent ones. Though to be fair the Mick O'Dowd and McEntee years have for the most part been forgettable for us.

Still looking forward to a good battle next week.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

JoG2

Quote from: thejuice on March 20, 2022, 09:20:13 PM
Must be an age thing, I can remember the older games better than the more recent ones. Though to be fair the Mick O'Dowd and McEntee years have for the most part been forgettable for us.

Still looking forward to a good battle next week.

The stout in the club house bar was memorable

Wildweasel74

clarshack

Just watched the Derry Galway highlights and there was a melee with only 1 player sent off. What happened to contributing to a melee resulting in a red card? Or does that only apply to Tyrone?

imtommygunn

That was pretty tame compared to Tyrone Armagh. Don't think you could see a headlock in it which there were quite a few of in Tyrone Armagh and seemed to be the problem...

kopite

Is the Derry straight red as a result of contact with the eye?

galwayman

Made the trip to Owenbeg today and delighted I did.
The first half performance was the best I've seen from a Galway team in a long long time.
Second half was more about containment but the game was won in that first half.
I've been critical of Galway so far this year but credit where it is due the lads were superb today.
To do it without Shane was pleasing as well as we have been very reliant on him.
I didn't see what happened for Paul Conroy's red as I was following the ball (he had just won a feee and taken it quickly).
A Derry lad was on the deck so it was for a strike or an elbow most likely. It was the linesman's call - pretty sure the ref didn't see it.
On the Sean Kelly incident - again I didn't see anything from where I was standing.
Damo Comer was whipped very early in the second half and was limping heavily as he came off - hope it isn't anything serious.

Duine Eile

Quote from: kopite on March 20, 2022, 10:07:02 PM

Yes and Padraic Joyce was fairly irate about it afterwards. Disgusting carry on. Comer was taken off as a precaution with a tight hamstring, if that's the case the sensible thing to do would be to rest him next week you'd think.

Wildweasel74

Aye, doesn't look good on review on TV. alright

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Duine Eile on March 20, 2022, 10:23:15 PM
Quote from: kopite on March 20, 2022, 10:07:02 PM

Yes and Padraic Joyce was fairly irate about it afterwards. Disgusting carry on. Comer was taken off as a precaution with a tight hamstring, if that's the case the sensible thing to do would be to rest him next week you'd think.

Whatever about late hits or shoving matches, an eye gouge is the move of a pure tr**p, there's no heat of the moment excuse with it, have to make a fairly conscious decision to go for someone's eye, disgraceful stuff really. Bad cess to him for the rest of the year.

Brutal if Comer has had another setback, hopefully it's just tightness and not another pull or tear on the hammer, need him fit and playing well for April. Absolutely no need to play Walsh, Comer or anyone with a knock next week anyway.

seafoid

Galway achieved this year's goals for the league. Hopefully they can stay up.

lenny

Quote from: seafoid on March 21, 2022, 10:52:37 AM
Galway achieved this year's goals for the league. Hopefully they can stay up.

While yesterday was disappointing for Derry it's been a good year too. They've stayed in division 2 and hopefully can build on that next season. This Derry team is quite young and naive in lots of ways. The rules of the game at the moment reward cynicism with teams like Dublin copying the Tyrone model and now Kerry getting in on the act even employing a Tyrone man to coach them in the dark arts. Unfortunately Derry need to develop those cynical skills to manage parts of the game and not allow teams to get a run on them like Galway did yesterday. Btw I'm not saying Galway were in any way cynical as I wasn't able to get to the game and so I can't comment. And before anybody replies about the eye gouging that's just stupid and dangerous play. The cynicism I'm talking about is deliberate, tactical fouling far away from the danger area to stop teams building momentum and feigning injury to slow things down and get opponents carded. Unfortunately that cynicism is allowed to go on and the top teams benefit.