American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Agreed , underperforming, and also in arguably the worst division in football, or at least one of them.

gallsman

Garrett has to go. Dak has been playing incredibly, they have the most expensive RB in history, a great o-line and a core of really good receivers, albeit have had some injuries.

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 29, 2019, 02:58:36 PM
Seanie . the Bears are a mile away from being a playoff caliber team currently? The Lions had a 3rd string rookie QB starting and without a doubt, if Stafford was healthy , the Lions would have won that game . If Stafford is healthy , I'd say the Bears are the worst team in that division. Fair play to Trubiskey, he's under pressure , but stood up when he needed to.

If they get Stafford back can the Bears get Akiem Hicks back? Bears defense regressed badly when Hicks got that rotten injury in London. Haven't been the same on D ever since. Were 3-1 after conceding a total of 45 points in those 4 games (10, 14, 15 and 6), including 16 total against the Packers and Vikings.

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 29, 2019, 03:07:02 PM
I'd have this as my current top 10

1. Ravens
2. Niners
3. Patriots
4. Seahawks
5. Saints
6. Green Bay
7. Buffalo
8. Vikings
9. Chiefs
10. Houston

Gets fairly weak fairly quick. Steelers defo better than some on that list, even with effectively no QB.

cadhlancian

Lol. Seriously ? Who are on that list are the Steelers better than? There isn't ONE team on that top ten that the Steelers would be close to . Name one team on it who the Steelers would start a favorite over on a neutral field? They will be lucky to win ONE of their remaining games .

cadhlancian

My next 10 would be

11. Tennessee
12. Cowboys
13. Eagles
14. Colts
15. Browns
16. Steelers
17.  Rams
18. Raiders
19. Arizona
20. Jaguars

Gabriel_Hurl

Shoot out in the Iron Bowl.

cadhlancian

It was some game Gabriel , Saban not happy with the officiating, good enough for the, !
Patriots in big trouble , right now outside of Baltimore all the decent teams seem to be in the NFC
Wouldn't be surprised if was repeat of yesterday's game between the Ravens and the Niners .

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 29, 2019, 09:36:34 PM
Lol. Seriously ? Who are on that list are the Steelers better than? There isn't ONE team on that top ten that the Steelers would be close to . Name one team on it who the Steelers would start a favorite over on a neutral field? They will be lucky to win ONE of their remaining games .

Hi!

yewtree

Gonna be real close for Superbowl , all the experts on form are going for Ravens v Saints but I'm going for Patriots v 49ers.
We are already planning our annual Superbowl night in the club , and as usual I reckon The Patriots ..Tom Brady our guy.

cadhlancian

Lol
That might be the one ! The fact that Tomlin right now is favorite to win coach of the year says it all . Today ESPN has them at 14 on their power list , up 2 spots from 16 last week. They're 18th in the odds to win the super bowl. They're playing better than their talent suggests, but please pick a team out of that top 10 from last week that they're better than ?

cadhlancian

Fair play to the Bears ! Some display so far tonight , totally outplaying the Cowboys tonight , on both sides of the ball . Trubiskey looks fantastic tonight , his confidence seems to have returned . The Cowboys are a shit show , with the amount of talent on that roster they should be way better . Still could win their division , and its possible 7-9 could win the NFC east. Garrett is most certainly a dead man walking now..

gallsman

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 04, 2019, 09:31:50 PM
Lol
That might be the one ! The fact that Tomlin right now is favorite to win coach of the year says it all . Today ESPN has them at 14 on their power list , up 2 spots from 16 last week. They're 18th in the odds to win the super bowl. They're playing better than their talent suggests, but please pick a team out of that top 10 from last week that they're better than ?

Yeah it's almost as if coach of the year isn't automatically given to the team playing the best football.

Big Ben went down. Conner can't get healthy. JuJu can't stay healthy. He lost the best receiver of the last decade. And they're still on track for the playoffs. Tomlin fully deserves coach of the year consideration.

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 06, 2019, 03:51:25 AM
Fair play to the Bears ! Some display so far tonight , totally outplaying the Cowboys tonight , on both sides of the ball . Trubiskey looks fantastic tonight , his confidence seems to have returned . The Cowboys are a shit show , with the amount of talent on that roster they should be way better . Still could win their division , and its possible 7-9 could win the NFC east. Garrett is most certainly a dead man walking now..

Ya, Mitch playing much better the last few weeks and the defense improved despite a few injuries last night. Huge job to make the playoffs with 3 really tough games left that they'll probably have to win. Feel the Bears frittered away a couple of games mid season that they shouldn't have which will prove costly.

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 04, 2019, 09:31:50 PM
Lol

They're 12th on NFL.com. I'd say they'd have a great chance of beating Buffalo, Minnesota, Houston and Green Bay. Possibly Chiefs too. Their defense is very good. I'd say overall they're better than Buffalo off that list. Buffalo have had a soft schedule.