TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 04, 2020, 05:47:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2020, 05:37:53 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 04, 2020, 05:21:54 PM
Surely by the book though it isn't a black??

His deliberate actions brought a player down off the ball, the ref was I think consulted by the linesman and gave a black card on his say.

Fair enough. I thought it had to be a trip / pulled down rather than just deliberate.

Unless the rules have changed a push isn't a black card.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rudi

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 04, 2020, 06:43:52 PM
Quote from: skeog on January 04, 2020, 06:10:07 PM
Kilcoo totally deserved victory,hopefully can win it now.MM showed a bit of emotion near the end.Good to see wonderful coach who is also a gentleman off the field.

Yes, years after his involvement with Mayo he called to a local man in his late 50's from our area to see him before he died from terminal Cancer. A round trip probably 6 hours to see a low profile man he knew that used to open the dressing rooms and give them access to a local pitch back when he was involved with Mayo.

Fair play, sounds like a decent fella.

MayoBuck

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 04, 2020, 07:42:15 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 04, 2020, 05:47:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2020, 05:37:53 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 04, 2020, 05:21:54 PM
Surely by the book though it isn't a black??

His deliberate actions brought a player down off the ball, the ref was I think consulted by the linesman and gave a black card on his say.

Fair enough. I thought it had to be a trip / pulled down rather than just deliberate.

Unless the rules have changed a push isn't a black card.

I didn't see it but pushing someone to ground off the ball surely counts as a deliberate body collide and therefore is a black card.

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 04, 2020, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: skeog on January 04, 2020, 06:10:07 PM
Kilcoo totally deserved victory,hopefully can win it now.MM showed a bit of emotion near the end.Good to see wonderful coach who is also a gentleman off the field.

Can dry his tears on the brown envelope.

YEEEEEOOOOOO!! 🤣🤣

nrico2006

Don't think the rules are open for interpretation though, think it defines the actual acts that warrant a black card and pushing isn't one. Therefore by the letter of the law he shouldn't be black carded, but I have no sympathy for him as it was a cynical act.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tonto1888

Quote from: larryin89 on January 04, 2020, 05:50:13 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on January 04, 2020, 05:31:02 PM
Quote from: Rudi on January 04, 2020, 04:39:35 PM
MDMA has to be one of the most over rated GAA players of all time.

He has SEVEN senior All Ireland medals ..... ::) ::)

And fair play to him but a donkey in football skills terms , the epitome of the fantastic athlete of modern Gaelic football .

How many all stars and PTOY awards does this donkey have

larryin89

I haven't a notion tbh but it wouldn't sway my opinion tbh . Like I've said a superb athlete who has maximised on this and more to become a very effective modern day footballer without even a sliver of silky skill in his locker .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Gael85

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on January 04, 2020, 05:31:02 PM
Quote from: Rudi on January 04, 2020, 04:39:35 PM
MDMA has to be one of the most over rated GAA players of all time.

He has SEVEN senior All Ireland medals ..... ::) ::)

You forgot his All Ireland club title in 2015.  ;)

twohands!!!

Actual wording of black card offences.

1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

MayoBuck

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 04, 2020, 10:03:02 PM

3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.

I assume that one covers pushing players over off the ball.

dublin7

Quote from: larryin89 on January 04, 2020, 09:14:11 PM
I haven't a notion tbh but it wouldn't sway my opinion tbh . Like I've said a superb athlete who has maximised on this and more to become a very effective modern day footballer without even a sliver of silky skill in his locker .
A superb, athlete, footballer and leader who probably has more medals in his locker than Mayo all ireland final defeats.

MDMA won't ever kick the ball over the bar from the 45m line, but then again how many current inter county fooballers obsessed with fitness/stamina could?

Aidan O'Shea is adored by Mayo fans but he has never scored in an All Ireland final despite being selected at centre forward for the majority of those finals

He is a former footballer of the year who in his prime could cover more ground than the energizer bunnny. When dublin beat kerry in the 2013 semi final it was MDMA fighting to win a ball he never should have won that set up Kevin Mac for the key goal.

Whatever outsiders think of MDMA he can rest assured no one  in Dublin will ever question his abilities

Rossfan

Has anyone ever been carded for 4 and 5?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on January 04, 2020, 11:28:31 PM

Ive carded a player who gave abuse to an umpire, and gave a black card to one that gave abuse to me, haven't in a while though, the black card for opponents or team mate could be verbal abuse like a racist taunt or something similar
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Think Andy Moran got one a couple of years back after he put his hands on Deegan when protesting a decision?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2020, 12:28:51 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2020, 12:11:20 AM

Ive carded a player who gave abuse to an umpire, and gave a black card to one that gave abuse to me, haven't in a while though, the black card for opponents or team mate could be verbal abuse like a racist taunt or something similar
I would have thought a racist taunt would carry a bigger penalty than a black card.
I realise the irony of that sentence.
I'd have thought calling someone a w4nker or something would be enough for a black card under that rule.

I don't think at the time there was a specific rule on a racist taunt, I'd have no problem giving a ref if I heard it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea