All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Quote from: charlieTully on September 14, 2014, 11:35:09 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 14, 2014, 07:54:11 PM
Got a pair of tickets to the game. Delighted. Mayo getting knocked out is the thing that can happen if you want to go to the AI around here.

no danger of ever attending to support your own county, that's for sure. I mind when the sister went with a lad from Roscommon, we were out one night in the town and the rossies had drew that day with galway in the championship, it was around the time the smoking ban had came in, went for a piss and half the Roscommon team were standing around in the loos smoking fags, it was around the time of the Armagh tyrone dominance in ulster, I mind saying to the sisters fella about it, he thought it was perfectly normal. I have no love for Armagh or tyrone but couldn't help thinking of the difference in attitudes, could you imagine mcgrane or mcgeeny or gormley, dooher etc smoking in a nightclub toilet after a match.
Top inter-county players smoking in nightclubs after matches is not a thing of the past.

AZOffaly

Top Rugby Players or Soccer Players smoking is not a thing of the past either.

armaghniac

QuoteTop inter-county players smoking in nightclubs after matches is not a thing of the past.

Yes, it is. The now have to smoke outside nightclubs.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

squire_in_navy_slacks

Looking forward to this game immensely, no baggage carried from the other game as we were well bet on the day and I'm leaning towards a Donegal victory and wish them the best of luck, however I really like the look of Moran from Kerry and wouldn't mind seeing him lift the cup either, I think Ill wait until the ball is thrown in and see how Donaghy behaves on the day before I silently route for one team or the other

Sidney

Quote from: armaghniac on September 15, 2014, 11:16:20 AM
QuoteTop inter-county players smoking in nightclubs after matches is not a thing of the past.

Yes, it is. The now have to smoke outside nightclubs.
Does a designated, mostly covered smoking area with a bar count as inside?

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2014, 01:25:07 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 14, 2014, 09:40:10 PM
Jasus Syfín is ther no end to your bandwagoning ? :-[
Didn't see you in the Hyde today.... maybe you were in the Executive boxes  ;D
I expect the Kutehoors to win this one unfortunately.

Mustn't have been looking very hard :-*
I was on the Terrace among my fellow plain people.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2014, 01:25:07 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 14, 2014, 09:40:10 PM
Jasus Syfín is ther no end to your bandwagoning ? :-[
Didn't see you in the Hyde today.... maybe you were in the Executive boxes  ;D
I expect the Kutehoors to win this one unfortunately.

Mustn't have been looking very hard :-*

Which one is you?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

comethekingdom

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 15, 2014, 11:18:52 AM
Looking forward to this game immensely, no baggage carried from the other game as we were well bet on the day and I'm leaning towards a Donegal victory and wish them the best of luck, however I really like the look of Moran from Kerry and wouldn't mind seeing him lift the cup either, I think Ill wait until the ball is thrown in and see how Donaghy behaves on the day before I silently route for one team or the other

After watching Brollys analysis last night we havent a hope!
This is one mean well drilled Donegal outfit who dont give away much. McStay however is giving the Kingdom the nod but hes not as clever as Brolly. ;)
Really looking forward to it now. :-)

Mike Sheehy

Daniel O'Connell v Daniel O'Donnell

the great liberator

versus

the great auld-wans-crathur

It's on muthaf**as

Mike Sheehy

plus ....The Southwest is far more scenic than the Northwest

Donegal scenery

versus Kerry scenery

Keane

McConville and Darragh O Se have both tipped Kerry this evening I see...

Rossfan

A few days away from the biggest game of the year and we're only on page 10 with photos of "scenery" and a Ros Quarter Final appearing on the page.
Is this a new low for the GAABoard? :'(

My hapence worth - I think the "new" Kerry will just have a bit too much for Donegal as they won't be as one dimensional as Dublin. Also they'll be able to vary the game as it unfolds and will be the fresher team in the last 10 minutes and just pull away to win by a few points.
Hoping I'm wrong of course as I'd love to see the Donegal boys do it again. Not to mention the Ros connections of young Jigger and Thompson.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

squire_in_navy_slacks

Mc Stay tipped Kerry too................ cant wait, as a matter of interest how much are stand tickets, Have they gone up from the 80 of last year?