Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 24, 2014, 11:02:10 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 24, 2014, 05:03:23 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 24, 2014, 04:00:55 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 24, 2014, 12:26:14 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 24, 2014, 12:19:37 AM
When did the PR start in Ballina Moysider?
Belleek by the looks of it?
Yesterday...
Brilliant to have it,will show the face at Christmas, Ardagh 5K stephenisis day too probably...

I think you should stay in town stephens day, the Wild West is no place for a lad like yourself. Put the feet up, visit the relations.

Seriously, feck off!
Ah ya can't ban me..10km on Stephens day in Ardagh was first race I ever did..13 yrs old in 52 mins..banjaxed so I was..still remember it.
Park run ballina on 20th,Ardagh on 26th and park run on 27th (hangover dependent)

Is there a 5k in Ardagh the same day?
Stephens day is a Friday and parkrun will be on the Saturday I presume. Ardagh 5k ad on RunMayoRun.com

laoislad

Thanks muppet I'll let you know before Thursday. Still dunno if I'm doing it or not yet.. >:(
If i do I'm just gonna go with 2hr pacers and try and hang on at the end. I've done nothing in the way of running this month.
I reckon you'll be closer to 1:50 than 2hr. You're flying it at the moment setting new PB's!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

moysider

Yeah. Nice run. 
Hope to do a couple over the Christmas.

Mayo4Sam

If there's a 5k and a 10k in Ardagh I'll allow it BM (we all know Ardagh is really just an extension of the parish of backs). Might even give you a lift out since I'll be passin
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Denn Forever

Christmas is coming and any ideas for a present for an enthusiastic but not necessarily a dedicated runner?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

laoislad

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 25, 2014, 10:49:26 AM
Christmas is coming and any ideas for a present for an enthusiastic but not necessarily a dedicated runner?
iPod shuffle
GPS watch
Voucher for Elvery's
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

moysider

Yeah. Nice run. 
Hope to do a couple over the Christmas.

imtommygunn

Base layers are a great one.

ballinaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 25, 2014, 05:22:23 PM

True, I've been feeling guilty though about wearing them recently though.
Listened to a podcast and some famous runner from the 60's was talking about them, his name escapes me but the crux of it....back in our day we had no fancy top to keep warm..we had to run faster to keep warm... ;D

imtommygunn

Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2014, 05:25:42 PM

Listened to a podcast and some famous runner from the 60's was talking about them, his name escapes me but the crux of it....back in our day we had no fancy top to keep warm..we had to run faster to keep warm... ;D

A few years ago I wore the helly hansen one and ran in -13 degrees... you'd not be doing that on this day or any other without the base layer!!

(There were no such things as hamstrings in those days either or so I'm told....)

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on November 25, 2014, 12:26:07 AM
Thanks muppet I'll let you know before Thursday. Still dunno if I'm doing it or not yet.. >:(
If i do I'm just gonna go with 2hr pacers and try and hang on at the end. I've done nothing in the way of running this month.
I reckon you'll be closer to 1:50 than 2hr. You're flying it at the moment setting new PB's!

I'll take the good advice on here and stay away from the 1:50 pacers. Too quick for me.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 25, 2014, 05:33:17 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2014, 05:25:42 PM

A few years ago I wore the helly hansen one and ran in -13 degrees... you'd not be doing that on this day or any other without the base layer!!

(There were no such things as hamstrings in those days either or so I'm told....)
I'd say so...the long slow run in those days probably wasn't invented either so hence running fast all the time. You need a layer for the slow ones I say.
Haha....another classic I heard was, I can't play the match ...I've a sore throat....
Manager :I'm not asking you to sing....

Milltown Row2

Have been wearing the base layers and the 'men's running leggings' for ages,  :o felt odd first time lol, but seriously (for this country) it's the way to go to keep running throughout the winter months
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Ardagh is on 28th December

ballinaman

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on November 25, 2014, 11:33:17 PM
Ardagh is on 28th December
Think that's Longford Ardagh...
Ardagh in the north mayo triangle of football is 26th