The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2011, 07:27:56 PM
Spuds only get a point v Blackpool.
Changes nothing really,win next 3 games and will be in Europe next season.

Would prefer not to be.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on May 07, 2011, 07:30:41 PM

Would prefer not to be.

Yeah did think that myself for a while. Then though I suppose it would be good to blood youngsters.
King Kenny seems to want to be in it so thats good enough for me,plus it be funny to see Spuds not even in Europe next season.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Blowitupref

Still a slim chance for CL football, City will need to drop points in their remaining three games. What happens if Stoke win the FA cup do they take the 5th spot?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on May 07, 2011, 07:30:41 PM

Would prefer not to be.

I think we need to be in Europe for the reason to keep the squad happy and playing regularly. I think Carra mentioned something along the lines if you only have 1 game a week a lot of players are going to be disappointed. I would agree with Laoislad and blood the youngsters and also give game time to squad (which will be bigger come Aug/Sept) players to keep things ticking over

dec

Anyone still hoping for a Champions League miracle? City lose to Spurs and draw their other two games (Stoke and Bolton) ending up on 64 points. Liverpool win their last 3 games and also end up on 64 points and in the process score enough to make up the goal difference.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: dec on May 09, 2011, 02:12:29 PM
Anyone still hoping for a Champions League miracle?

No although the fact that it's even a possibility is pretty amazing given where the club was before Christmas.

Still might as well go out and try to win the last 3 games just in case.

deiseach

Quote from: dec on May 09, 2011, 02:12:29 PM
Anyone still hoping for a Champions League miracle? City lose to Spurs and draw their other two games (Stoke and Bolton) ending up on 64 points. Liverpool win their last 3 games and also end up on 64 points and in the process score enough to make up the goal difference.

I don't see them winning both their away games. Their away form has been worse than that of Man U, aha ha.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 07, 2011, 07:33:25 PM
Still a slim chance for CL football, City will need to drop points in their remaining three games. What happens if Stoke win the FA cup do they take the 5th spot?

Fifth place in the league gets the Europa League place.
Winners of the FA cup get a Europa League place.
If FA cup winners qualify for Champions League the runners up get a Europa League place.
This has led to a situation whereby if City beat Stoke in the FA Cup it will be in Stoke's interest for city to beat them in the league thereby guaranteeing them a place in the Europa league.

Geoff Tipps

Gerrard, Kuyt and Suarez in Dublin on Thursday to launch new kit.

laoislad

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 09, 2011, 04:19:09 PM

They will be in Liffey Valley in Dublin in Lifestyle Sports I think.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: laoislad on May 09, 2011, 04:24:19 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 09, 2011, 04:19:09 PM

They will be in Liffey Valley in Dublin in Lifestyle Sports I think.

Cheers. Didn't know what branch of lifestyle sports it was going to be in.

AZOffaly

would anyone go to this? I entered a competition there on Facebook, but afterwards I was thinking , why? If I had a kid that liked Liverpool, or was old enough to understand, then definitely, but what would I say to Steven Gerrard or Luis Suarez? I'd take Dirk Kuyt aside for a bit of practice trapping the ball, but that's about it :)

I 'met' Jason McAteer and Phil Babb in Limerick years ago when I was in college, and they were doing a book signing in Easons. Can't even remember what I said to them other than getting them to sign the book. Something earth shattering no doubt.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 09, 2011, 04:33:39 PM
would anyone go to this? I entered a competition there on Facebook, but afterwards I was thinking , why? If I had a kid that liked Liverpool, or was old enough to understand, then definitely, but what would I say to Steven Gerrard or Luis Suarez? I'd take Dirk Kuyt aside for a bit of practice trapping the ball, but that's about it :)

I 'met' Jason McAteer and Phil Babb in Limerick years ago when I was in college, and they were doing a book signing in Easons. Can't even remember what I said to them other than getting them to sign the book. Something earth shattering no doubt.

Gave them directions to a pub?

AZOffaly

Possibly. It is strange though.

If I met them out in a pub, I'd have no problem chatting to them, unless they looked like they wanted to be left alone. I had a very pleasant few drinks in a bar in Basel with Shay Given, Robbie Keane, Ian Harte, Mark Kinsella and Graham Kavanagh after one of the debacles in Switzerland. They were sound, we were chatting about GAA, soccer, grand. Nice and relaxed.

In a setting like this in a shop, though, why would an adult bother?

laoislad

I only live 5mins from Liffey Valley,I could bring them over for some tae and chocolate goldgrains.