Tyrone v Derry - Sunday 12th May - Omagh 4.00pm

Started by tyroneman, April 29, 2019, 01:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: greatpoint on May 13, 2019, 03:32:18 PM
Tyrone struggling against a division 4 Derry wasn't what I was expecting to see after all the discussion of their rebirth as an all out attacking superpower.

Just burning off the dirty diesel.

Tbh, Derry being in division 4 is no reflection of the quality in their side. It's no surprise they slipped to that level when you see that their main men yesterday were the S'neil lads who missed large chunk of the last 3/4 years. The spine of the team (Rodgers, McKeigue, Cassidy and McGuigan) did most of the damage alongside Enda Lynn. Derry will cause a lot of trouble thus year for most teams outside of the top 4.

tyroneman

Quote from: trailer on May 13, 2019, 04:58:58 PM
As a nice anecdote I was located with a few Tyrone ones but ringed by a good few Derry 'wans'. All fairly cordial, bit of good-natured back n' forth, nicey nicey.
Bang! The Derry goal went in. The mask slips. Jesus didn't the hatred re-emerge from the depths. Sickening the way they went on for all of 5 mins.
Bang! Tyrone goal. Order restored. Over zealous and fairly robust celebrations. Enjoyed it to be honest. A wee reminded of what it was like years ago when Derry were alright.

Sure in 2016 the Derry wans made a show of themselves hugging and dancing in the stands at the Athletic gorunds when they went 3 up heading for home in the McKenna cup final - and this was against 13 men.

Quiet enough when Tyrone got the game to ET and then hammered them out the gate.......

shantygael

Quote from: tyroneman on May 13, 2019, 06:05:39 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 13, 2019, 04:58:58 PM
As a nice anecdote I was located with a few Tyrone ones but ringed by a good few Derry 'wans'. All fairly cordial, bit of good-natured back n' forth, nicey nicey.
Bang! The Derry goal went in. The mask slips. Jesus didn't the hatred re-emerge from the depths. Sickening the way they went on for all of 5 mins.
Bang! Tyrone goal. Order restored. Over zealous and fairly robust celebrations. Enjoyed it to be honest. A wee reminded of what it was like years ago when Derry were alright.

Sure in 2016 the Derry wans made a show of themselves hugging and dancing in the stands at the Athletic gorunds when they went 3 up heading for home in the McKenna cup final - and this was against 13 men.

Quiet enough when Tyrone got the game to ET and then hammered them out the gate.......
Jesus wept.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Fuzzman

Is that a Dublin avatar you have there Shanty?
Jesus wept!!  :o

It's only natural lads when you're team are massive underdogs and they score a goal or go ahead that they will overreact and enjoy the moment. I wouldn't be too hard on them in those incidents.

shantygael

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 14, 2019, 11:29:18 AM

It's only natural lads when you're team are massive underdogs and they score a goal or go ahead that they will overreact and enjoy the moment. I wouldn't be too hard on them in those incidents.

Nothing but🇧🇼
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

omaghjoe

Thought we did well enuff. Derry aren't a div 4 team they have some top quality players that were looking pretty sharp and dangerous at times esp the slaughtneil men and we dealt with them comfortably efficiently.

Donnelly's and mcshane were our stand outs. Thought Cassidy did well on his debut but gave away a few silly inexperienced scorable frees. McCurry goal was great he just backed himself nice to see that ruthlessness.

Also derry gave us a few areas to work at. Namely being run at discipline and to give harte and sludden a good shake before the match starts.

Ref was a fussy boliox

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 14, 2019, 11:29:18 AM

I agree. The McKenna cup final this year being a case in point. It was a throwback to the 2000s. And everyone shook hands after and wished each other well. The way it should be