hurler of the year so far anyone?

Started by shyted, July 24, 2018, 11:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shyted

AZOffaly

John Conlon or Peter Duggan for Clare?
Galway lads haven't really clicked in yet.
Cian Lynch is doing well for Limerick, although I didn't see the Kilkenny game.
Cork are funny. I don't think any of them are really on fire, although Pat Horgan is having a very good year.

So far I'd say Conlon.

johnnycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 25, 2018, 09:38:23 AM
John Conlon or Peter Duggan for Clare?
Galway lads haven't really clicked in yet.
Cian Lynch is doing well for Limerick, although I didn't see the Kilkenny game.
Cork are funny. I don't think any of them are really on fire, although Pat Horgan is having a very good year.

So far I'd say Conlon.

Conlon
Daithi Burke
P Mannion
TJ Reid
Pat Horgan

Lynch wasn't great against Clare and Kilkenny but can turn things around this weekend if he has a stormer. Limerick will need him on loads of ball in midfield.
Guillane could be in with a shout.

Milltown Row2

Whats the predictions for the weekend?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

johnnycool

I think Galway will win alright, but it might be closer than people think as both teams have a propensity of lulls in the game where the opposition are on top. It'll depend on who doesn't lull as badly as the other.

Clare have a better forward unit in general than Kilkenny and will be expecting a better return from their forwards from play, but the Galway defence when on their game is a big step up to what the Clare forwards have faced to date.
The Burke battle with Conlon with be a humdinger but for Clare to succeed then Conlon will need to win it hands down and I just don't see that happening.

Galway by 3 for me.

I can see Limerick give Cork a right good rattle and will need Guillane, Mulcahy and Flanagan with Dowling in reserve to get at the Cork fullback line who've been exposed a few times already this summer. A few goals are a must as Cork have proven to be able to fire points over from all angles and distances when needs be. Patrick Horgan, Harnedy and a somewhat subdued Lehane to date may just do it.

I'm hoping for Limerick for a novel AI pairing and will go with a 2 point win.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

spuds

GearĂ³id Heggarty was immense when Limerick were struggling and always puts in a solid athletic shift. Maybe not flash enough?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

mouview

Padraig Mannion. Immense, gach rud, gach la.

Duine Eile

Orchard park

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 30, 2018, 12:09:11 AM
Quote from: mouview on July 29, 2018, 10:42:48 PM

Agreed

A far superior hurler than Gearoid Mcinerney  in my book but thankfully for his own sake the media haven't cottoned on.

Roashter

Conlon up front & Mannion in defence

johnnycool

Quote from: Orchard park on August 01, 2018, 01:51:54 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on July 30, 2018, 12:09:11 AM
Quote from: mouview on July 29, 2018, 10:42:48 PM

Agreed

A far superior hurler than Gearoid Mcinerney  in my book but thankfully for his own sake the media haven't cottoned on.

Agreed, but McInerney offers a physical dominance in that area which Galway depend on now. It was their achilles heel in 2012 when they'd KK on the rack but couldn't land the finishing blow with Shefflin moved out to 11 and took Tony O'g Regan apart.

Both are vital cogs for different reasons.