Gender Neutral

Started by Orior, October 24, 2017, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on October 25, 2017, 01:20:00 PM
Transabled was one I saw the other day. People choosing to become disabled.

https://www.google.ie/amp/nationalpost.com/news/canada/becoming-disabled-by-choice-not-chance-transabled-people-feel-like-impostors-in-their-fully-working-bodies/amp

I've seen a bit about this in recent years, but admittedly know very little about it. Personally, I find it hurtful and insulting people are wanting to identify in this way. I've no problems with gender neutral upbringing of children (as long as it itself isn't pushed or forced upon the child), but this does my wick in. Don't understand it, don't know why anyone would want it, I certainly don't.

That been said, I define myself able-bodied, but with a disability. (I contradicted myself, didn't I)
Testing Accessibility

trileacman

Quote from: ziggysego on October 25, 2017, 02:21:36 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 25, 2017, 01:20:00 PM
Transabled was one I saw the other day. People choosing to become disabled.

https://www.google.ie/amp/nationalpost.com/news/canada/becoming-disabled-by-choice-not-chance-transabled-people-feel-like-impostors-in-their-fully-working-bodies/amp

I've seen a bit about this in recent years, but admittedly know very little about it. Personally, I find it hurtful and insulting people are wanting to identify in this way. I've no problems with gender neutral upbringing of children (as long as it itself isn't pushed or forced upon the child), but this does my wick in. Don't understand it, don't know why anyone would want it, I certainly don't.

That been said, I define myself able-bodied, but with a disability. (I contradicted myself, didn't I)

Yeah you did.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Orior

As an old fashioned earthling, i'd be worried that kids who have decided their own gender, will get bullied at school.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trileacman

Saying your going to raise your child "gender neutral" just means your not going to bother your hole raising them at all. Just let them spring up whatever the f**k way they want as if they're weeds in a garden.

All this free-spirited, non-conformant parenting is complete bollix and no way to raise a child. Ask davina Mc caul who's mother brought her to clubs as a child and helped fuel a drug problem that would lead to addiction in her mid 20's
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

J70

Quote from: trileacman on October 26, 2017, 01:07:31 AM
Saying your going to raise your child "gender neutral" just means your not going to bother your hole raising them at all. Just let them spring up whatever the f**k way they want as if they're weeds in a garden.

All this free-spirited, non-conformant parenting is complete bollix and no way to raise a child. Ask davina Mc caul who's mother brought her to clubs as a child and helped fuel a drug problem that would lead to addiction in her mid 20's

That's quite a conflation.

seafoid

Gender is a social invention. Boys don't cry. Girls wear pink. Girls have long hair. Boys do STEM subjects. Girls don't.

You don't have to accept it. Everyone should understand their emotions. We need more women leading things
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

HiMucker

Quote from: seafoid on October 26, 2017, 08:26:50 AM
Gender is a social invention. Boys don't cry. Girls wear pink. Girls have long hair. Boys do STEM subjects. Girls don't.

You don't have to accept it. Everyone should understand their emotions. We need more women leading things
Your 1st statement is balls, pun intended  :).  Your last statement is spot on.

Brick Tamlin

Gender neutral. What the actual f**k.
These people need to be locked up in the same cell as mothers in-law, hippy fuckwit vegans etc.
Worlds cowped already without these eejits running amok.

Rossfan

We need more women leading things
Arlene Foster  Teresa May Michelle O'Neill  Thatcher........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2017, 09:39:37 AM

Hitler, Stalin, Franco, Mao..

BennyCake

That's just what I was thinking...

tonto1888

some ejits on this thread

seafoid

more at ground level.
Or even at Cabinet level

The 2008 decision to guarantee the banks was made by a group pf men who had no idea what they were doing. If a quarter  of them had been women and a few tinkers had been included the banks would not have been guaranteed.

seafoid

Quote from: HiMucker on October 26, 2017, 09:06:32 AM

Your 1st statement is balls, pun intended  :).  Your last statement is spot on.
Sex is a natural state found everywhere.
Gender is not.
Different societies see gender differently.  Most American tribes are matriarchies for example. Women call the shots.
Most Christian societies are patriarchies . Because God in Christianity is male.

I think pre Christian Ireland was a matriarchy  because the seasons were managed by 2 women. Brid and the Cailleach.

England has been a patriarchy for a long time. The word for the worst type of person is the word from where the babies come from. That would not happen in a matriarchy.

In Irish the word for where the babies come from is inoffensive.  It is on all the motorway signs.
But you could not have the word CUN* on motorway signs thall î Sasana. You must be joking.