The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 12:59:52 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 18, 2018, 06:35:34 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 17, 2018, 10:59:23 PM
Quote from: Gmac on January 17, 2018, 06:27:58 PM
Apple investing 350 billion in us economy in next 5 years .

Really? Where'd you get that figure from?

This article says "Apple said it expected to invest over $30 billion in the United States over the next 5 years, and would create 20,000 jobs through hiring at existing campuses and through opening a new campus."

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0117/934076-apple-to-bring-home-some-of-cash-pile-under-new-tax-law/

Obama was still President when that campus began construction. I pass by it all the time. Don't tell me Trump is trying to take credit for it. What's it going to be next? Claiming that he got Bin Laden?

Nah, he will claim he was the man that paid four hundred million for four hostages, he will claim releasing multiple Al Queda top men for a traitor, he will claim the 10 trillion in eight years defecit, he will claim black people are worse off from he got in office until he left, the depletion of the funding for the armed services, 60 new genders, the corruption in the democratic party of which he donated money too, you know, that stuff, you can make Obama out to be what you want to kid, he was one of the most useless b**tards of all time in that office.

So instead of acknowledging or debating his actual point, the only response you have is another hyperbolic, deranged screed about Obama and the Dems and transgender people (I'd address your "points", but I already have, numerous times before, and all you do is hold your hands over your ears and go "la la la, I can't hear you!").

But oh yeah, you really do hate Trump!

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 18, 2018, 06:32:53 AM

Let's hear the Trumpkins' latest defense of this one. Take it away, Whitey. Don't tell me, it's "fake news?"

There are no Trumpkins on this site, no one like this fuckwit, he is one of yours after all, thanks for nothing.

As for this alleged affair, men and women do it all the time, to me the best president ever was Roosevelt, he was a known philanderer, and dont get me started on the St John F Kennedy, he loved orgys and was a depraved mofo, nobody cares about affairs these f**kers have or have had, they blindly follow left or right, and its not as if the left had any moral high ground to scurry to now is it?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2018, 01:54:37 PM

This article says "Apple said it expected to invest over $30 billion in the United States over the next 5 years, and would create 20,000 jobs through hiring at existing campuses and through opening a new campus."

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0117/934076-apple-to-bring-home-some-of-cash-pile-under-new-tax-law/

Obama was still President when that campus began construction. I pass by it all the time. Don't tell me Trump is trying to take credit for it. What's it going to be next? Claiming that he got Bin Laden?

Nah, he will claim he was the man that paid four hundred million for four hostages, he will claim releasing multiple Al Queda top men for a traitor, he will claim the 10 trillion in eight years defecit, he will claim black people are worse off from he got in office until he left, the depletion of the funding for the armed services, 60 new genders, the corruption in the democratic party of which he donated money too, you know, that stuff, you can make Obama out to be what you want to kid, he was one of the most useless b**tards of all time in that office.

So instead of acknowledging or debating his actual point, the only response you have is another hyperbolic, deranged screed about Obama and the Dems and transgender people (I'd address your "points", but I already have, numerous times before, and all you do is hold your hands over your ears and go "la la la, I can't hear you!").

I dont hate Trump, I think he is an arrogant AHole, Show me were I was deranged? Hyperbolic?

The problem with you liberals is you cannot give this man credit for one single thing he has done, all you do is blast away en masse and yet you lost, you cannot fathom losing to the likes of Trump so you attach him at every turn, even before he became President you were hating on him, I hate Clinton, I have made that quite clear so dont tell me who I hate and who I dont, I am very open about this shit and have been consistent in my disgust with the left in America, the far right is just as repugnant and there is no room for debate when you clones attack the right, frankly you all would be better off figuring out how to ensure the next democratic election is not rigged, why Trump got so much of the black vote and hispanic vote given his so called racism and how you all are going to turn it around in the fall and get Oprah and the Rock elected in 2020. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

J70

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 02:30:53 PM

Let's hear the Trumpkins' latest defense of this one. Take it away, Whitey. Don't tell me, it's "fake news?"

There are no Trumpkins on this site, no one like this fuckwit, he is one of yours after all, thanks for nothing.

As for this alleged affair, men and women do it all the time, to me the best president ever was Roosevelt, he was a known philanderer, and dont get me started on the St John F Kennedy, he loved orgys and was a depraved mofo, nobody cares about affairs these f**kers have or have had, they blindly follow left or right, and its not as if the left had any moral high ground to scurry to now is it?

Yes, but the left don't drone on and on about being the "values" party/voters or oppose gay rights because of, you know "the family".

And once again you're dishonestly trying to hide behind the tiny fig leaf that Trump was once a Democrat (so was Reagan BTW) as if that somehow negated your own party and movement rowing in behind his leadership, lies and policies. Shameless.

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2018, 03:05:35 PM

Yes, but the left don't drone on and on about being the "values" party/voters or oppose gay rights because of, you know "the family".

And once again you're dishonestly trying to hide behind the tiny fig leaf that Trump was once a Democrat (so was Reagan BTW) as if that somehow negated your own party and movement rowing in behind his leadership, lies and policies. Shameless.

I dont have a party, I find there is plenty of scum in both parties, I have never claimed to be a republican, I have a lot of time for libertarianism and would consider myself a fiscal conservative, I was once a fan of the left, I simply saw through their bullshit over the years and the rise of pelosi and Clinton etc I really thought the US needed a strong centralist party, it has never had one but it badly needs one, or two or three.

I dont hide behind anything and am not ashamed of my political leanings, you are a clone, you are in the in crowd on here, you get to bash the right all day and give no credit to the president who has had successes but you do not have the balls to admit that, no, make that the character, the very thing that liberals are missing and the reason you lot are losing to Trump.

J70

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 02:57:14 PM

I dont hate Trump, I think he is an arrogant AHole, Show me were I was deranged? Hyperbolic?

The problem with you liberals is you cannot give this man credit for one single thing he has done, all you do is blast away en masse and yet you lost, you cannot fathom losing to the likes of Trump so you attach him at every turn, even before he became President you were hating on him, I hate Clinton, I have made that quite clear so dont tell me who I hate and who I dont, I am very open about this shit and have been consistent in my disgust with the left in America, the far right is just as repugnant and there is no room for debate when you clones attack the right, frankly you all would be better off figuring out how to ensure the next democratic election is not rigged, why Trump got so much of the black vote and hispanic vote given his so called racism and how you all are going to turn it around in the fall and get Oprah and the Rock elected in 2020. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Why would anyone EVER like Trump? He is a narcissistic liar with no self-awareness who doesn't and never has given a f**k who he hurts and used/uses naked prejudice and the most devisive rhetoric to gain power and has done so for years? You constantly say yourself you dislike him (you just did in this very post), yet you castigate others for doing the same! Make up your f**king mind! Or tell us why we SHOULD like him or at least not despise or even dislike him? Was he supposed to get a clean slate on taking office after the birther stuff, the Central Park Five, the Mexican rapists, the inauguration crowds and all the other lies and hateful bullshit that has emanated from his mouth?

And on top of that he has an appalling and corrupt policy program, especially on the environment, the poor and immigration ( why the f**k are the Dreamers a bargaining chip??).

And deranged - you throw together a few random, half-baked issues and use that to declare Obama, handed one of the most difficult starting positions of any president, one of the worst, a conclusion with no basis in reality (note I am not calling him one of the best presidents).

seafoid

Tony Schwartz wrote the art of the deal

https://www.theguardian.com/global/commentisfree/2018/jan/18/fear-donald-trump-us-president-art-of-the-deal

"I alone can do it." These five extraordinary words kept coming back to me as I reflected on Donald Trump's first year as president of the US. He made this claim during his speech accepting the Republican nomination in July 2016. At the time, it struck me simply as a delusional expression of his grandiosity. Looking back, I also hear the plaintive wail of a desperate child who believes he is alone in the world with no one to care for him. "I alone can do it" is Trump's survival response to: "I must do it all alone."

There are two Trumps. The one he presents to the world is all bluster, bullying and certainty. The other, which I have long felt haunts his inner world, is the frightened child of a relentlessly critical and bullying father and a distant and disengaged mother who couldn't or wouldn't protect him.

Trump's temperament and his habits have hardened with age. He was always cartoonish, but compared with the man for whom I wrote The Art of the Deal 30 years ago, he is significantly angrier today: more reactive, deceitful, distracted, vindictive, impulsive and, above all, self-absorbed – assuming the last is possible.

Fear is the hidden through-line in Trump's life – fear of weakness, of inadequacy, of failure, of criticism and of insignificance. He has spent his life trying to outrun these fears by "winning" – as he puts it – and by redefining reality whenever the facts don't serve the narrative he seeks to create. It hasn't worked, but not for lack of effort.

In his first year in office, Trump has lambasted any facts he dislikes as "fake news", while making nearly 2,000 false or misleading claims of his own – more than five a day. In a single half-hour interview with the New York Times in late December, he made 24 such claims. This is the very definition of gaslighting – lying until you get people to doubt their own reality – and it is both frightening and disturbing. Because the office Trump now occupies makes him the most powerful man on Earth, his fears, and the way he manages them, have necessarily become ours.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2018, 03:19:20 PM
Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 02:57:14 PM

Why would anyone EVER like Trump? He is a narcissistic liar with no self-awareness who doesn't and never has given a f**k who he hurts and used/uses naked prejudice and the most devisive rhetoric to gain power and has done so for years? You constantly say yourself you dislike him (you just did in this very post), yet you castigate others for doing the same! Make up your f**king mind! Or tell us why we SHOULD like him or at least not despise or even dislike him? Was he supposed to get a clean slate on taking office after the birther stuff, the Central Park Five, the Mexican rapists, the inauguration crowds and all the other lies and hateful bullshit that has emanated from his mouth?

Some like him because he was not a politician and some loved him because he was running against Hillary Clinton, if your lot had have been smart you would have let the Bern have a run at it, he would have beaten Trump in my opinion and I said I would have voted for him if I had a vote because he was the only decent human being running, and I said it on this very thread!

And on top of that he has an appalling and corrupt policy program, especially on the environment, the poor and immigration ( why the f**k are the Dreamers a bargaining chip??).

Yu are a liberal, you lot are as corrupt as all get out, Chicago, Detroit, San Fan, Hollywood anyone? Please.

And deranged - you throw together a few random, half-baked issues and use that to declare Obama, handed one of the most difficult starting positions of any president, one of the worst, a conclusion with no basis in reality (note I am not calling him one of the best presidents).

What I threw out were a few of the prez's fails, in my opinion he was a disasterous president, it is not deranged to say that, it is a fact in my reality in that to me he was f**king unvelievably awful, but what do I know, I just lived under his watch and saw first hand the absolute shit show he bossed.

Enough questions to me, let me ask you one question, what has Trump done a good job on since becoming President?

J70

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 03:17:03 PM

I dont have a party, I find there is plenty of scum in both parties, I have never claimed to be a republican, I have a lot of time for libertarianism and would consider myself a fiscal conservative, I was once a fan of the left, I simply saw through their bullshit over the years and the rise of pelosi and Clinton etc I really thought the US needed a strong centralist party, it has never had one but it badly needs one, or two or three.

I dont hide behind anything and am not ashamed of my political leanings, you are a clone, you are in the in crowd on here, you get to bash the right all day and give no credit to the president who has had successes but you do not have the balls to admit that, no, make that the character, the very thing that liberals are missing and the reason you lot are losing to Trump.

Yes stew, trying to deflect Trump onto the Dems is the very definition of hiding behind a fig leaf. It's completely dishonest, you've been called on it multiple times, and the only thing it does is damage your credibility.

As for clones, I think for myself. If others arrive at similar conclusions that reflects nothing more than multiple minds reaching bleeding obvious conclusions.

I certainly don't parrot conspiracy theories like you have been known to do here on many occasions. Now THAT is clone-like behaviour.

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2018, 03:43:02 PM

Yes stew, trying to deflect Trump onto the Dems is the very definition of hiding behind a fig leaf. It's completely dishonest, you've been called on it multiple times, and the only thing it does is damage your credibility.
That might be right except I said it on here when he decided to run, long before he was President

As for clones, I think for myself. If others arrive at similar conclusions that reflects nothing more than multiple minds reaching bleeding obvious conclusions.

Does the same logic not apply to people who voted for Trump or is that realm reserved for only the left minded people such as yourself.

I certainly don't parrot conspiracy theories like you have been known to do here on many occasions. Now THAT is clone-like behaviour.

Conspiracy theories? Me? Oh you mean on Hillary being a murdering thieving evil vile bastard, well yeah........ I kinda have done that.

No can you answer my one question or not?

whitey

As bad as Trump is he still beat the pants (suit) off Hillary....

Think about it for a moment....all the money she raised and spent, the lame stream media firmly in her corner, the Electoral College system absolutely benefiting Democrats....and she still couldn't beat him

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 18, 2018, 03:53:02 PM

Think about it for a moment....all the money she raised and spent, the lame stream media firmly in her corner, the Electoral College system absolutely benefiting Democrats....and she still couldn't beat him

Yep, she was a truly terrible candidate.

Are you sure the electoral candidate can be said to benefit Dems though when they've lost two elections in the past 20 years on account of it and the GOP dominates the rural states which have more power per electoral vote?

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2018, 04:46:43 PM

Are you sure the electoral candidate can be said to benefit Dems though when they've lost two elections in the past 20 years on account of it and the GOP dominates the rural states which have more power per electoral vote?

Hey question bhoy! You going to answer my question or no???

J70

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 05:11:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2018, 04:46:43 PM

Hey question bhoy! You going to answer my question or no???

I'm looking, but I don't see any question. Restate it please.

J70

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 03:50:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2018, 03:43:02 PM

That might be right except I said it on here when he decided to run, long before he was President

Does the same logic not apply to people who voted for Trump or is that realm reserved for only the left minded people such as yourself.

Conspiracy theories? Me? Oh you mean on Hillary being a murdering thieving evil vile b**tard, well yeah........ I kinda have done that.

No can you answer my one question or not?

Yes, you have. You posted some memorable tripe straight off the most feverish swamps of the lunatic far right during the run-up to the election, including the Vince Foster stuff.