The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: dec on November 15, 2016, 02:48:18 AM
Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 01:57:18 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 15, 2016, 01:42:26 AM
https://twitter.com/AP/status/798332268884488192?lang=en

BREAKING: AP source: Rudy Giuliani the favorite to be Trump's secretary of state.

;D ;D ;D

Wow!

I'd expect incarcerations to go through the roof.

a) watch 13th on Netflix;
b) All hail the Trump;
c) All of my opinions and political leanings can now be derived from b);

Secretary of State is the US Foreign minister.

Exactly.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Newt Gingrich said Bannon can't be anti semitic because he worked in Hollywood. That was especially for the evangelicals.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/11/13/the-rise-of-the-anti-media-and-anti-truth-bubbles.cnn

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/08/the-radical-anti-conservatism-of-stephen-bannon/496796/

Chemi Shalev ‏@ChemiShalev  4 h

Now it's Jews vs Jews over Bannon: ZOA says ADL should apologize for "Orwellian" smear of Bannon as anti-Semite

Declan

The welcome to Trumpland theme continues

The casual racism that has come to define modern-day conservatism shows no signs of abating. A West Virginia official, Clay County Development Corporation Director Pamela Taylor, just shared a racist message about First Lady Michelle Obama.

"It will be refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady in the White House. I'm tired of seeing an ape in heels" she wrote on Facebook in a now-deleted message that has been replaced with a cursory and insincere apology, according to WSAZ News.
An online petition has now racked up over 2,000 signatures demanding that both women be fired, prompting Taylor to "file a lawsuit against individual(s) who have slandered her" as she complains that there is now a "hate crime against me."

This is the ultimate irony of the anti-"political correctness" crusader – they say something horrendously racist and then feel victimized when they have to face consequences for their actions. Despite what the electoral college victory of Donald Trump might say, America is not a nation where this kind of talk is acceptable, and raising hell over even small incidents like this are critical in the fight against the normalization of racism and bigotry.

seafoid

Quote from: Declan on November 15, 2016, 07:10:25 AM

The casual racism that has come to define modern-day conservatism shows no signs of abating. A West Virginia official, Clay County Development Corporation Director Pamela Taylor, just shared a racist message about First Lady Michelle Obama.

"It will be refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady in the White House. I'm tired of seeing an ape in heels" she wrote on Facebook in a now-deleted message that has been replaced with a cursory and insincere apology, according to WSAZ News.
An online petition has now racked up over 2,000 signatures demanding that both women be fired, prompting Taylor to "file a lawsuit against individual(s) who have slandered her" as she complains that there is now a "hate crime against me."

This is the ultimate irony of the anti-"political correctness" crusader – they say something horrendously racist and then feel victimized when they have to face consequences for their actions. Despite what the electoral college victory of Donald Trump might say, America is not a nation where this kind of talk is acceptable, and raising hell over even small incidents like this are critical in the fight against the normalization of racism and bigotry.

There is a  reason why regular politicians don't tend to use hatred and antisemitism . Because you can't put it back in the box.

Trump will be brought down by the weight of his contradictions. You cannot simultaneously serve the people, the Jew haters, the ultra rich and the climate deniers. There is just  too much bullshit

seafoid

In Milwaukee turnout was 41000 down on 2012. Declines were concentrated in areas with ID issues
Trump won Wisconsin by 27000 votes
https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/797959337264160772

Priebus and Ryan are from Wisconsin

Declan

QuoteThere is a  reason why regular politicians don't tend to use hatred and antisemitism . Because you can't put it back in the box.

Trump will be brought down by the weight of his contradictions. You cannot simultaneously serve the people, the Jew haters, the ultra rich and the climate deniers. There is just  too much bullshit

Indeed it seems like Pandora's box is well and truly open - Here's The Temple Beth Shalom Cemetery in Orange County, New York..

seafoid

Get smart ‏@soldierDtruth  14 nov.

Houston, TX
@ericuman @alplicable a government illegitimately elected will not stand

Tonight @SeanHannity, who's not a journalist, agreed that "CNN, NYT, WaPo" and others "should not receive WH press credentials."

Frumiosa ‏@djkomisar  5 h

This time last week is the last time I would go to bed in a world that more or less made sense. I should have appreciated it more.

seafoid

The idea that the Irish Americans are just like the people  back home is taking a lot of water.
Hannity, Pence, Bannon and Kellyanne Conway are all from the tribe and all part of the coup

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 14, 2016, 03:01:07 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 14, 2016, 12:40:50 AM
Quote from: J70 on November 14, 2016, 12:00:57 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 11:49:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 13, 2016, 11:46:58 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 11:39:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 13, 2016, 11:29:07 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 10:45:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 13, 2016, 10:18:48 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 08:10:18 PM
Dems didnt listen to their constituents, youre not listening to them, the DNC didnt listen to them, J70 isnt listening to them......if Trump does well, these people may be permanently lost to the Democratic Party

What am I not listening to?

The whole point of this subject is WHAT exactly IS their problem or complaint?

I already laid out what their grievances were, but you decided to go off on another tangent.....

And they were the most part bullshit, which is why I went off on the tangent of whether we should listen to illegitimate grievances.

Just because a demagogue was able to exploit them to an election win doesn't lend them credence.

The Irish American guy in the Eire pub said:

"Do you know why he'll win?". "Because people are tired of being talked down to."

http://www.independent.ie/life/echoes-of-the-rust-belt-on-irish-riviera-35207534.html

So questioning their complaints is talking down to them?

Accusing them of being sexist, rascist homophobic or Islamophibic without any justification is!

So we are going around in circles!

Nothing you've posted has justified supporting Trump on that basis.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-donald-trump-voters-20161113-story.html

You keep posting these articles quoting people on WHY they voted for Trump. They do not examine the accuracy of their reasons or complaints though. Which is what I'm on about.

Is there any data showing that illegal immigrants are driving up house prices or making up a majority of welfare recipients?

The woman who is pissed off because Obama lit up the White House in rainbow colours to celebrate full equality for gays? Are we supposed to roll back gay rights to make her and people like her feel better?

The people who think Trump is going bring back manufacturing jobs - is there any data to back up their expectations?

The ones who lament the increasing diversity - are they right?

Why did the people reject the liberals?

Because their champion was Hillary Clinton, at what point are you liberals going to own the fact that the country rejected the failed policies of the Obama administration, the fact that Clinton was seen by Liberals and Democrats alike as a lying, odious establishment figurehead. The current President failed miserably to bring the country, so did the leaders of the Republican party, I do not see any way Trump will work with Democrats and come to the center, I am hoping he is a one term President, he is going to be 74 if he ran again but I am going to reserve judgment until he is actually empowered to make change.

I am hoping he has a few good democrats in his cabinet because if ever a President needed diversity as part of his inner circle Trump will.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

All I can say is WOW!

That bitch Taylor should be fired, sued and see the inside of a jail cell for a while.

Michelle Obama has been a tremendous first lady and I hope she continues with her causes.

screenexile

Quote from: stew on November 15, 2016, 09:23:05 AM

All I can say is WOW!

That bitch Taylor should be fired, sued and see the inside of a jail cell for a while.

Michelle Obama has been a tremendous first lady and I hope she continues with her causes.

I hope we see her in 2020... she wipes the floor with anybody!!!

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 14, 2016, 04:22:08 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 14, 2016, 03:03:15 PM
I think what he's saying is these concerns are concerns that are honestly held. And instead of telling them they are stupid concerns, the democrats should have tried to address them. Telling them they are redneck hicks didn't work out so well.

How do you "address" the woman who doesn't like gay marriage or the White House celebration of it?
You tell her to get a life and quit with the hate!

How do you address the concerns about illegal immigrants overwhelming the country's social services?
You tell them that Illegal immigrants are people too and that as human beings they deserve to be aided medically.

How do you address the people who think Obama is a foreign born Muslim or that the BLS is making up job statistics?
You tell them it us a non issue and they are wrong and to move along.

How do you address the Jade Helm people or those who think the Confederate flag is a righteous symbol or climate change is a hoax?
You cant, they are too thick and ignorant to give a shit about what you are telling them.

How do you do all that when have the other party and their nominee telling them their fears are well founded and doing all they can to foment and exploit them?

Their fears are well founded in that the democrats have had an incredibly bad eight years and the country is in decline, by the way, both parties sowed fear, nit just the GOP.

The "war on Christmas" will be starting in a week or two. What's the appropriate response to that?

Simple, you tell them you understand political correctness is rife under Obama and that will change under Trump.

seafoid

And Trump's denials notwithstanding, Bannon's anti-immigrant, anti-minority and anti-Jewish profile was repeatedly reflected in the campaign's own rhetoric and in its refusal to completely disown the neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klan and other racist groups that came out in support of Trump. So even if Trump intends to play both sides of the fence, Bannon is firmly ensconced in at least one of them. This is what the American people elected, and this is what America and the rest of the world will have to live with over the next four years. God help us all.
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/.premium-1.753185

whitey

Give it up on the kkk outrage....that's just a bunch of nonsense

All your doing is distracting and diluting attention away from real issues