Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on May 17, 2017, 02:16:11 PM
Quote from: les Antiques on May 17, 2017, 11:27:03 AM
I know Conway is still around and will likely start Sunday . One interesting option that' has been used in recent practice matches and was also evident last night at the training centre was the ploy of getting Finn on the loose ball and launching huge kicks into Donie and OCarroll in the FF line . Keeping those two in there will be crucial and resisting the temptation to bring either out when things don't go to plan elsewhere .
Thats a fine and agricultural game plan, I like it. May I suggest we give Brody hognail boots as well, might get to the half forward line with the kick outs.

;D ;D ;D ;D....John O'Leary specials......

I remember the Scully lad that played in goals for Ballyroan used to wear them boots years ago and had an unnatural belt of the football
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Remember though that a posters perception of the tactics are not the full extent of the tactics. Kicking it fast into one of the most lethal full forwards in the country sounds like a good idea, but I'm pretty sure we have more than that as discussed  options. Here's hoping we do anyway  :)

Can't wait for the game now at this point. I hate the league anyway. Championship is where it's at and has been for some time. Expectations are low, just how laois like it. Let's see what we can do, a lot of questions answered on Sunday.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

O moore parklife

Looking forward to the panel being named tonight is lillis out injured or what's the craic.
Also out of the country anybody know if sky or eir will be broadcasting

Don Draper

Quote from: O moore parklife on May 18, 2017, 08:41:07 AM
Looking forward to the panel being named tonight is lillis out injured or what's the craic.
Also out of the country anybody know if sky or eir will be broadcasting
Eir dont broadcast Cship. No, thankfully we look like we might be off the TV for a bit. After the league, I think our current fall has gotten enough tv coverage. If we deserve it by getting to the latter stages of the Championship, we'll be on tv plenty. Jack on M103 will have to do you for this one.

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Really looking forward to this now!! 8)

You can't beat Championship now matter how your year was previous to that.

Love to beat Longford and set up a craic at Kildare.
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on May 18, 2017, 09:56:38 AM
Thoughts?

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/05/18/laois-v-longford-take-look-selection-decisions-facing-management/

I would think Meaney or Finn will start midfield and Begley will start wing back to cover for attride when going forward.

Farrell might loose out.

Other than that team is not far off it..

Moore Dillion and Collins are suppose to be pushing hard for a starting birth and flying it in training and the practice games!

LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on May 18, 2017, 10:04:40 AM
Thoughts?

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/05/18/laois-v-longford-take-look-selection-decisions-facing-management/

I would think Meaney or Finn will start midfield and Begley will start wing back to cover for attride when going forward.

Farrell might loose out.

Moore Dillion and Collins are suppose to be pushing hard for a birth and flying it in training and the practice games!
Hard to see them being available for Sunday so  ;D

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on May 18, 2017, 10:06:49 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on May 18, 2017, 10:04:40 AM
Thoughts?

Farrell might loose out.

Moore Dillion and Collins are suppose to be pushing hard for a birth and flying it in training and the practice games!
Hard to see them being available for Sunday so  ;D

If Roy Keane was in charge they would...."Robbie isn't breast feeding is he " ha ha..a classic...

Back to the topic in hand anyone know why David Conway has slipped down the radar in the 5 league games I saw he was one of our best performers or did he pick up a knock?
LAOIS ABÚ

ILikeStrawberryJam

I hope dillon and farrell start .. the team is crying out for some pace

I definitely wouldnt be starting meaney after his league indiscipline but could be a good impact sub

Conway would be a big loss

Ive really no idea what to expect but as it could be the last year for a few of them id be hoping theyll go
out all guns blazing.. we were definitely the better team in the league clash

Jellyfish

Team to be announced tommorow night. Wonder has many left the panel
To be tough enough to win, you must first be tough enough to lose.

Tony

Small preview of the game VS Longford, with Stephen Attride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN9_XGBNub0

Also, another small preview with Peter Creedon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYh0RLRAyE4

And John O' Loughlin speaking to Wooly about the setup this year and the match Sunday (Starts at 20:45):

https://soundcloud.com/sportsjoe-gaa-hour/john-oloughlin-interview-aidan-oshea-witch-hunt-full-fwd-line-tutorial

ILikeStrawberryJam

Good interview with Johnno .. seems to speak genuinely highly of Creedon ..

justinn

Laois Senior Football Manager Peter Creedon has announced his starting 15 for Sunday's Leinster SFC opener with Longford in Portlaoise.

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)

2. Damien O'Connor (Timahoe)

3. Denis Booth (The Heath)

4. Padraig McMahon (Ballyroan Abbey)

5. Darren Strong (Emo)

6. Colm Begley (Stradbally)

7. Stephen Attride (Killeshin)

8. Brendan Quigley (Timahoe)

9. Kevin Meaney (Arles-Kilcruise)

10. Alan Farrell (Ballylinan)

11. David Conway (Arles-Kilcruise)

12. Niall Donoher (Courtwood)