Philadelphia 2018

Started by cadhlancian, August 28, 2018, 06:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

North American finals this upcoming Labor Day weekend in Philadelphia. Always a good weekend . Anyone going ?

Jinxy

Philadelphia, here I come!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 28, 2018, 06:56:02 AM
North American finals this upcoming Labor Day weekend in Philadelphia. Always a good weekend . Anyone going ?

God be with the days. I played in NACB finals in San Francisco, Chicago and Washington DC. Great days.

Chicago Hurling

My club decided not to go this year. Apparantly it's like an hour outside of phili so we couldn't get numbers.
Chicago -> Milwaukee -> Galway

Mayo for Sam

cadhlancian

It's in Malvern PA about 25 miles out of downtown

Chicago Hurling

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 28, 2018, 07:56:37 PM
It's in Malvern PA about 25 miles out of downtown

Well they made that commute to be a bigger deal than it should've been
Chicago -> Milwaukee -> Galway

Mayo for Sam

FL/MAYO

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 28, 2018, 07:36:39 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on August 28, 2018, 06:56:02 AM

God be with the days. I played in NACB finals in San Francisco, Chicago and Washington DC. Great days.

We might have crossed paths A.Z, the last year I played was 2003 ( Boston I think)

bloody mary

Here's a new video I've just put together from last year's event in San Francisco. It'll be a great weekend once again, best of luck to all involved, enjoy! https://youtu.be/sIK48KPSU-8

cadhlancian

Great video , it was a great weekend as was this past weekend in Philadelphia. Long trip for us from San Diego , but in total we brought 113 players, both male and female. Hurlers won Junior A as did our footballers. We probably would have won senior football instead of junior A had we entered in time. Always great to see old faces you only see that one weekend of the year.

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 07, 2018, 09:35:13 PM
Great video , it was a great weekend as was this past weekend in Philadelphia. Long trip for us from San Diego , but in total we brought 113 players, both male and female. Hurlers won Junior A as did our footballers. We probably would have won senior football instead of junior A had we entered in time. Always great to see old faces you only see that one weekend of the year.

What club is San Diego now? I was Clan na Gael, but I think that went by the wayside after a departure of the locals. If ye are winning Junior A again, and good enough for Senior, I suspect the reason for the initial split might be happening again :)

cadhlancian

Setanta is the new club , them and Clan Na Gael co existed for about 6 months in 2001. Only setanta now. Very hard to know where we will be at coming into the summer, so hard to enter senior . Donegal Philadelphia won senior by a cricket score and a lot of people there reckoned there wouldn't have been a kick of a ball between us.

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 08, 2018, 08:59:56 PM
Setanta is the new club , them and Clan Na Gael co existed for about 6 months in 2001. Only setanta now. Very hard to know where we will be at coming into the summer, so hard to enter senior . Donegal Philadelphia won senior by a cricket score and a lot of people there reckoned there wouldn't have been a kick of a ball between us.

So a lot of yer lads are J1s etc? That's what the argument was back in 2000/2001 when they set up Setanta...

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: bloody mary on August 30, 2018, 01:41:09 AM
Here's a new video I've just put together from last year's event in San Francisco. It'll be a great weekend once again, best of luck to all involved, enjoy! https://youtu.be/sIK48KPSU-8

I played in that tournament and our team won. Had to play entire second half with a cracked shoulder bone as we had no subs. Great set up though and the field were decent.