Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on February 25, 2022, 09:12:03 AM
Just seen them, on any given Sunday there are 32 games down to be played, between U17 (for now) and Senior, have we got 32 referees? And venues capable of taking 2 matches?

2 games a day for the ref's! sure handy expenses  ;D ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 25, 2022, 09:19:01 AM
Just seen them, on any given Sunday there are 32 games down to be played, between U17 (for now) and Senior, have we got 32 referees? And venues capable of taking 2 matches?

Sometimes 3....LGFA!!!  8) 8)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on February 25, 2022, 09:20:18 AM

At least there's no slabbering in those games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 25, 2022, 09:22:13 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on February 25, 2022, 09:20:18 AM

At least there's no slabbering in those games

Wanna bet?

Saffsof82

Div 1 relegation battle between Rossa, Ahoghill and Gort na Mona

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 25, 2022, 09:43:21 AM

Rossa? I'd say they are strong enough, ref'd one of the other teams lately, it will be a long season for one!

NatSoSaff

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 25, 2022, 09:43:21 AM

;D Behave yourself

Saffsof82

Rossa have unfinished business in he hurling, melt down the week of and day of the final, a big effort to get back there i think. Their football results last year flattered them. Picked up 4 straight wins at the start of the season when there was no threat of relegation and everyone was playing the kids. I think they could find themselves in trouble this year.
Gort na mona are as sure a thing to be relegated as you could possibly find.
Ahoghill are the masters of survival but that run has to come to an end some time.

NAG1

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 25, 2022, 10:17:51 AM
Rossa have unfinished business in he hurling, melt down the week of and day of the final, a big effort to get back there i think. Their football results last year flattered them. Picked up 4 straight wins at the start of the season when there was no threat of relegation and everyone was playing the kids. I think they could find themselves in trouble this year.
Ahoghill are the masters of survival but that run has to come to an end some time.

Think Rossa got an actual wake up call last year in the final as to how far away they are in reality.
Also with travel back open again to the US I would expect they will lose more than one or two for the summer.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 25, 2022, 10:17:51 AM

Rossa have one out field player on the football panel I think, the first load of games will be difficult for teams that have multiple players, St Enda's being one of those teams. Rossa could end up doing exactly what you have said already and win those first few games to get the base for survival.

Who knows, as you say some unfinished business in the hurling. Having seen them lately in a challenge game they seem to be going along well enough and a few hurlers that are on the county panel will feed back into the teams also

Saffsof82

Jeez MR, i watched Rossa against the County U20s. Dommo was the only player who you could say won his individual contest, they were very poor.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 25, 2022, 10:28:36 AM
Jeez MR, i watched Rossa against the County U20s. Dommo was the only player who you could say won his individual contest, they were very poor.

They hadn't a decent team out for that game. They played a lot better against Bredagh and still players missing. They'll be fine

Stillwater2

MR2 thoughts on the game on Tuesday night?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Stillwater2 on February 25, 2022, 11:15:51 AM
MR2 thoughts on the game on Tuesday night?

That was a serious step up in quality from the Johnnies friendly to be fair. I know the conditions were poor enough against the Johnnies but my impressions that day was they'll need to be better conditioned for the season. Shows you the gulf between the top 5/6 teams to the div 2 teams

The other night Sarsfields were very sharp and full of running, was a very good performance and the goals were well taken. You've some players to come on to that team and it will make it a stronger team, intermediate should be the target along with a push for promotion, but only if you have all the lads fit and available. Did a few of your games last season and I've yet (till championship) seen your full hand, and your troubled Tir na Og for a good period in that game.

Hopefully everyone buys into what the management want, they seem to be going in the right direction

Saffsof82