Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillwater2

Can't see many games going ahead next Sunday, not many Pitches will be playable after this spell of weather and the earlier than normal start dates.

I'd say our refs will be up to speed with challenge games that have taken place over the last few weeks.

bannside

EOC your rationale will be shared by many and may well turn out to be accurate. It's all about opinions..I expect us to be a noticably better team under current management and that should (on paper anyway) leave us close. If I'm wrong I will very begrudgingly eat humble pie lol.

delgany

Fixtures published for March - 3 games

Milltown Row2

Some tasty starter games I see
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NatSoSaff

From what I saw in Portglenone last Saturday at the U20 match there are 1 or 2 young players that will no doubt boost Mckeever and Canavans chances of passing Cargin and Creggan. On that note, Glenravel look well stocked for young talent this year too. They are my tip for intermediate success.

bannside

Under 20s away to Down on Saturday at midday, then a few hours on down the road to Portlaoise, be there in plenty of time for our big test against Laois who are a hardened div 2  /div 3 outfit. This will be a good test of where we currently are. A draw would be a great result for us.

rogercasement

Bannside I agree 100% with you regarding our prospects, everything I've seen and heard looks great and we have every reason to be positive, I would also have to agree with EOC however, I think we are a forward or two short of what's needed. Would love to be proved wrong!!

Milltown Row2

So the fixtures are out and no chat? You are a strange bunch on here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on February 24, 2022, 05:39:41 PM
EOC your rationale will be shared by many and may well turn out to be accurate. It's all about opinions..I expect us to be a noticably better team under current management and that should (on paper anyway) leave us close. If I'm wrong I will very begrudgingly eat humble pie lol.
I could be wrong time will tell.

ck

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 24, 2022, 10:41:47 PM

Not they're not out. They have sent out the first 3 games only. Why?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on February 24, 2022, 11:16:49 PM

Not they're not out. They have sent out the first 3 games only. Why?

So not happy that fixtures are out? Have you been on the fixtures set up?

Tyrdub

Any chance of putting them up here? I haven't seen them yet

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on February 24, 2022, 07:49:38 PM
Under 20s away to Down on Saturday at midday, then a few hours on down the road to Portlaoise, be there in plenty of time for our big test against Laois who are a hardened div 2  /div 3 outfit. This will be a good test of where we currently are. A draw would be a great result for us.

Huge test for Seniors. Laois have been hit an miss, a surprise defeat to Westmeath and an easy enough win over Louth, bit like ourselves with that loss to Limerick  >:(
The u20 game has been moved to Atticall i heard this morning by the way.

Saffsof82

Lamh Dhearg v cargin, St Johns v casements, Moneyglass v All Saints look the most interesting clashes in the leagues for the first day out, new mgt teams with them all.

Tyrdub

Just seen them, on any given Sunday there are 32 games down to be played, between U17 (for now) and Senior, have we got 32 referees? And venues capable of taking 2 matches?