Dispatches: The Truth about Drugs in Football

Started by el_cuervo_fc, September 12, 2011, 06:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

"Dispatches investigates the use of both recreational and performance-enhancing substances in our national game.

Reporter Antony Barnett examines football's drug-testing regime, raises questions about how the sport deals with its drug cheats and also looks at the use of some bizarre but legal treatments players undergo."

This could be interesting tonight (channel 4, 8pm). I wonder if they will name the high profile, multi- million pound player who failed a drugs test before being transferred.

Boycey

Been meaning to post this all day, you'll be disappointed..

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Boycey on September 12, 2011, 06:47:29 PM
Been meaning to post this all day, you'll be disappointed..

No doubt.  Any guesses? Andy Carroll? He wouldn't exactly be a shock

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

el_cuervo_fc

Joey Barton said on twitter a few weeks ago that he'd never seen any sign of it

Boycey

Scottish fella used to play for Birmingham. To be honest and I'm possibly in a minority if it's gonna be a programme about wealthy young men dabbling in recreational drugs, so what??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on September 12, 2011, 06:58:13 PM
Scottish fella used to play for Birmingham. To be honest and I'm possibly in a minority if it's gonna be a programme about wealthy young men dabbling in recreational drugs, so what??
Agree entirely. Will be forgotten about by the morning. Unless they're using performance enhancing drugs it shouldn't be a footballing matter.

paco

One just started now on Sky Sports News about gambling in football for anyone who's interested.

STREET FIGHTER

screenexile

What a load of pish this is . . . very small numbers and no high profile people to make this resepectable. . . surely if they'd any decent investigation they'd have pulled up some decent dirt on Rio or Toure!!

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: screenexile on September 12, 2011, 08:51:39 PM
What a load of pish this is . . . very small numbers and no high profile people to make this resepectable. . . surely if they'd any decent investigation they'd have pulled up some decent dirt on Rio or Toure!!

Sure everyone know's Rio got a flat tyre that day and Kolo was on slimming pills  ;)

boojangles

I wonder who Player A was. England striker 2007?

The programme was fairly restricted in what it could disclose alright.

I don't remember Richard Sadlier playing for Ireland?
Another uncapped player who declared for Ireland in the last year was supposedly fond of the white stuff.

clubland

boojangles

clubland

I thought that was a certain stoke winger who used to play liverpool??