Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

have Antrim put their money up? highest profile people interested Ever Or seen as stepping stone to bigger jobs for these boys

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 20, 2020, 10:56:41 AM
have Antrim put their money up? highest profile people interested Ever Or seen as stepping stone to bigger jobs for these boys

Doing it for free
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 20, 2020, 10:56:41 AM

I was wondering this myself.

The Armagh man is not coming cheap by any stretch and KM has been used to being well expensed in previous roles, so the whole package is going to take serious investment.

Flanker

Armagh a good bit closer than Tipp....Less 45p  :)

Dunsilly King

Its great to read about theses potential management teams. So to summarise we have

McEntee/Madden
McGinley/O'Neill
O'Rourke
Cassidy
McKeever

I think that's the names I read that were linked with the senior job. Each have their strengths and weaknesses. One comment on McEntee, I read above where some poster credited him with Mayo. I think Rockford has demonstrated his prowess by what he has contributed to Donegal's attacking game plan over the past two years. They are now serious All ireland contenders. Mayo have floundered since he left. Just an observation.

bannside

The first three on that list are in contention at this stage. DC choosing to remain at Erins Own with JMK fully committed to Wolfe Tones for another year.  Both would have been very strong candidates, all about timing. The board deserve credit for pushing the boat out further than ever. Good luck to the winning proposal, Antrim football needs a big lift and the players are there to do it. May God guide the decision makers over the weekend.

JimStynes

McEntee/Madden or McGinley/O'Neil is a nice problem to have for Antrim. Both high profile and bringing plenty of outside experience. Some people will favour one pair over the other but everyone should be more than happy enough with whatever pair gets the gig. Antrim aren't really giving people a lot of reasons to attract big names so well done to the county board.

delgany

Enda Mc Ginley appointed as new senior football manager.

imtommygunn

Just about to post that. Sean Kelly part of the team.

delgany

Stephen ONeill, Stephen Quinn & Sean Kelly( st Galls ).

JimStynes

delgany

Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2020, 04:28:56 PM
Who's Stephen Quinn?

S&C ?/ Coach, involved with Tyrone football

JimStynes

Any complaints? Sounds like a good team and set up. Still would have liked some of Tony McEntee's input but overall it sounds like its a good setup.

EOC1923

For once we had great options. Good luck to them. Shrewd move bringing Sean kelly on board as well. Players will have instant respect. Exciting times ahead hopefully.

Points a Good Score

I think we've missed a trick not going with the Madden/McEntee ticket, however best of luck to Enda McGinley and his team. They'll have my support for what it's worth.