Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 14, 2020, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on November 14, 2020, 10:42:06 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on November 14, 2020, 09:04:39 AM
Harte will forever be a legend in Tyrone who brought so much to all our lives. I was lucky enough to be 18 when we won our 1st AI and for the rips to Dublin alone and the memories created i owe him a huge debt of gratitude. We were spoilt beyond anything we'd experienced.

That man has been touched by enough tragedy to floor ten men and he still stood tall. Some may have disagreed with him and, especially one here, personally dragged his name through the mud but he still kept us on the edge of the top table during an unprecedented time of domination by one team.

I'll finish off with this stolen from Paul Fitzpatrick on twitter:

If Mickey Harte had only taken over Tyrone in 2009, his subsequent four Ulster titles and one All-Ireland final appearance would still make him their greatest ever manager.

Sums it up, really

Considering art macrory won 5 ulster titles and got to 2 all ireland finals with no back door available shows paul fitzpatrick and you are both wrong....

Think you maybe wrong also. What were the years of the 5 ulster titles you refer to? By the way, I agree on your sentiment about Big Art who was a brilliant manager in a dog fight era of Ulster KO football but I think he only has 4 USFC titles - 84, 86, 95 & 96. Maybe I am wrong and apologies if I am
2001. Beat Cavan in the Ulster final. Lost to Derry in the All Ireland Quarter final having previously beat them in the Ulster Semi Final.

Localexpert

Harte will forever be a legend in Tyrone who brought so much to all our lives. I was lucky enough to be 18 when we won our 1st AI and for the rips to Dublin alone and the memories created i owe him a huge debt of gratitude. We were spoilt beyond anything we'd experienced.

That man has been touched by enough tragedy to floor ten men and he still stood tall. Some may have disagreed with him and, especially one here, personally dragged his name through the mud but he still kept us on the edge of the top table during an unprecedented time of domination by one team.

If Mickey Harte had only taken over Tyrone in 2009, his subsequent four Ulster titles and one All-Ireland final appearance would still make him their greatest ever manager.

Sums it up, really

Considering art macrory won 5 ulster titles and got to 2 all ireland finals with no back door available shows paul fitzpatrick and you are both wrong....

Think you maybe wrong also. What were the years of the 5 ulster titles you refer to? By the way, I agree on your sentiment about Big Art who was a brilliant manager in a dog fight era of Ulster KO football but I think he only has 4 USFC titles - 84, 86, 95 & 96. Maybe I am wrong and apologies if I am

Yea you are wrong but no problem apology accepted

Mikhailov

Quote from: Localexpert on November 14, 2020, 12:42:19 PM

Sums it up, really

My bad - some record by Big Art, a great man

Jim Bob

Sums it up, really

Ulster 2001 as well... local Expert...you should try to be a bit more pleasant..

Mikhailov

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 14, 2020, 01:09:27 PM

Sums it up, really

Ulster 1989 as well... local Expert...you should try to be a bit more pleasant..

1989 was Donal Donnelly as far as I remember, not Big Art

Localexpert

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 14, 2020, 01:09:27 PM

Sums it up, really

Ulster 1989 as well... local Expert...you should try to be a bit more pleasant..

You're wrong as well Jim Bob but no harm done  ;)

Champion The Wonder Horse

Rumours about Tally heading back home.

Eire90

you would hand back all those mckenna cups for another all ireland

TF15

If you thought we played bad football this year, wait to you see what Tally would have in store for us. One of the most negative managers in the game. Excellent trainer, no doubt, but not the man for the big job in my opinion if we're looking to try and utilise our current crop of forwards.

GetOverTheBar

If Harte was looking one final, full term. Tyrone should probably have given him it considering what 2020 was in his actual final year.

Lots of rumours going around currently about whos in and whos with who and what the playing squad might have contributed......I don't do much social media but I've not come across any current player post anything about Harte? I would have thought I'd see a few things. I seen Joey McMahon, Jordan, Mulligan etc.

What is the realistic goal next year for any new manager? I think the knives will be out if they don't win Ulster and / or get to an All Ireland Semi Final. With a squad overhaul very likely next year might be a very mixed bag.

Take_her_back_ref

There's plenty of chat about potential replacements for Harte at the minute and Fergal Logan seems to be one of the most prominent ones. Other than the U21 victory, what else do we know about him?

I know very little about him other than managing his own club. I'm not convinced that he's the man but, like I say, I don't know a great deal about him.

BennyHarp

It's hard to believe that Tyrone will have knocked back Mickey's request for a further year without have a successor in mind. Fergal Logan may well be a decent guy and did a good job with the U21s but I would question how any person of sane mind could look at his managerial record in the past 5 years and think that it qualifies him to even be in the conversation for this job.
That was never a square ball!!

bannside

What was Mickeys CV like before he was appointed. He had done a good job with the minors.

Just saying.

An Watcher

Sounds reasonable to think he might get another year but I'd be sick if I'd have to watch them again under harte. Prepared to take a few steps back to take a few more steps forward. Thanks for the memories mickey, a great manager. He got us over the line. People say but we had a great group of players. We had great groups before and couldn't get over the line. In saying that it's time for a change

square_ball

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 15, 2020, 09:41:42 AM
If Harte was looking one final, full term. Tyrone should probably have given him it considering what 2020 was in his actual final year.

Lots of rumours going around currently about whos in and whos with who and what the playing squad might have contributed......I don't do much social media but I've not come across any current player post anything about Harte? I would have thought I'd see a few things. I seen Joey McMahon, Jordan, Mulligan etc.

What is the realistic goal next year for any new manager? I think the knives will be out if they don't win Ulster and / or get to an All Ireland Semi Final. With a squad overhaul very likely next year might be a very mixed bag.

Instagram is where the current players have paid tribute to Harte. I've seen the likes of the Donnellys, McShane and Meyler put up tributes to Harte.