Change needed within Laois Gaa Structures

Started by From the Terrace, August 26, 2022, 08:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Terrace

I think this thread or something similar is needed. There was a strategic review carried out by Laois gaa, Nicky Brennan headed this review some 3/4 years. As far as I can see most of the things were not acted on by our county board. For example a new juvenile club was to be setup in Portlaoise.

clonadmad

From the report itself

A second club (specifically for juvenile players only) should be established in Portlaoise at the Knockmay/Mountmellick Road side of the town. This club would be feeder unit (in time) to the adult clubs in Portlaoise and environs.

Laois GAA County Board
Laois Coaching & Games Committee

To be established in 2018 with
a view to participating
in 2019 competitions

A second GAA club in Portlaoise will be specifically aimed at attracting young players, enabling more children to play Gaelic games in a part of the largest urban area in Laois which is currently underserved regarding access to Gaelic games.

The new juvenile club will enable more children to enjoy and play Gaelic games and it will provide a social benefit in the area where it is proposed to be established.

Ballybrittas Boy

Quote from: clonadmad on August 26, 2022, 09:49:59 AM

From the report itself

A second club (specifically for juvenile players only) should be established in Portlaoise at the Knockmay/Mountmellick Road side of the town. This club would be feeder unit (in time) to the adult clubs in Portlaoise and environs.

Laois GAA County Board
Laois Coaching & Games Committee

To be established in 2018 with
a view to participating
in 2019 competitions

A second GAA club in Portlaoise will be specifically aimed at attracting young players, enabling more children to play Gaelic games in a part of the largest urban area in Laois which is currently underserved regarding access to Gaelic games.

The new juvenile club will enable more children to enjoy and play Gaelic games and it will provide a social benefit in the area where it is proposed to be established.
It's very disappointing that never happened. I think they kinda watered it down by saying that Clonad and Ballyfin could be allowed do more to draw players from certain schools or parts of the town but I stand to be corrected on that. Parts of Portlaoise are still a wasteland when it comes to a GAA presence.