Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Only thing maybe is the more publicity these stings get on Facebook it will be like a warning to paedos and stop them being caught by this method. Ie: in the long run not a good thing. Maybe better catch them and discretly hand them to police and then they'll get publicity hopefully when appear in courts

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on January 24, 2018, 09:43:28 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 23, 2018, 11:16:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2018, 09:10:08 PM
The guy recording was dancing, and was wearing lovely white track bottoms and trainers.. the other one came over and asked how many likes have we got yet and how many comments on the page!! Hmm

It's laughable, 5mins of Facebook fame.  I understand what they are trying to do but it's consequences that effects the people left behind! One of the lads caught lives 10/15mins away from me, while I'm glad that I know what he's up to, I feel sorry for his family, ordinary decent working people who keep themselves to themselves have saw their family business suffer.

Haven't seen any of the Facebook stuff, but what I find extraordinary from just reading this thread is the sheer number of perpetrators out there that they are finding in the area

Why is there so many should be the question?

Has there always been this many?

Is there modern reasons as to its increased size of perpetrators, is it down to the internet and people able to take their fantasy one step further and follow through on it.

The hunters are not really stopping them to be honest as there seems to be that many and the fear of getting caught does not deter them it seems.

What would be the best measures to ensure reduce this? Ban on the internet use for these people, impossible to control, but if caught increased period in jail..

Medical Castration would be one option, we can't kill them, as that would be the final solution, plus there would be nobody to say Mass on a Sunday  ;)

I remember my dad having that awkward conversation with me when I was young about being wary of perverts out there... He said there are gay people who will only want to be with someone who's gay so they are ok, but then there are perverts who are dirty feckers who don't care if you are young old man or woman! I was traumatised!!

What do you say to kids nowadays? Mine are up and well tuned into this and we've had discussions long time ago about the dangers of the internet and so on, hopefully they are smart enough to alert us right away if something seems wrong..

Worrying times, but I still think these hunter guys are doing it for themselves if I'm honest and it's backfiring on them 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

The people they catch all seem to be a bit stupid. Of the ones I've watched, they all seem a bit slow. I know kids are vulnerable but I'd like to think your average teenager is going to have a bit more wit about them than to agree to meet some random strange man at night - it's almost funny how the predators don't think about this

Dire Ear

tyrone girl

I know of a local lad who is now a so called "paedophile hunter" in one of these groups.

Hes a creep and has a lovely online profile from his own antics. Also know for a fact he was fond of slapping his woman about! Yet now hes thinking hes the salt of the earth. Complete moron.

general_lee

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 24, 2018, 12:58:49 PM
I know of a local lad who is now a so called "paedophile hunter" in one of these groups.

Hes a creep and has a lovely online profile from his own antics. Also know for a fact he was fond of slapping his woman about! Yet now hes thinking hes the salt of the earth. Complete moron.
Name him!

The Gs Man

Here's another angle on it that I can't wrap my head around.....has no-one else thought it a bit strange that you have these vigilantes putting themselves in the mind of a 14 year old girl/boy, and obviously coming out with dirty chat to gather 'evidence'. That not a bit perverse also?
Keep 'er lit

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 24, 2018, 01:49:59 PM

Here's another angle on it that I can't wrap my head around.....has no-one else thought it a bit strange that you have these vigilantes putting themselves in the mind of a 14 year old girl/boy, and obviously coming out with dirty chat to gather 'evidence'. That not a bit perverse also?

I think this is where they get their real kicks.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 24, 2018, 01:57:34 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on January 24, 2018, 01:49:59 PM

I think this is where they get their real kicks.

Do they actually come out with dirty chat though?

The Gs Man

Not sure, but surely there has to be something in order to prompt the sicko at the other end?

The whole thing stinks in my humble opinion.

Keep 'er lit

paddyjohn

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 24, 2018, 02:09:07 PM
Not sure, but surely there has to be something in order to prompt the sicko at the other end?

The whole thing stinks in my humble opinion.

I know what you mean, must be something.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2018, 10:22:28 AM
The guy recording was dancing, and was wearing lovely white track bottoms and trainers.. the other one came over and asked how many likes have we got yet and how many comments on the page!! Hmm

It's laughable, 5mins of Facebook fame.  I understand what they are trying to do but it's consequences that effects the people left behind! One of the lads caught lives 10/15mins away from me, while I'm glad that I know what he's up to, I feel sorry for his family, ordinary decent working people who keep themselves to themselves have saw their family business suffer.

Haven't seen any of the Facebook stuff, but what I find extraordinary from just reading this thread is the sheer number of perpetrators out there that they are finding in the area

Is there modern reasons as to its increased size of perpetrators, is it down to the internet and people able to take their fantasy one step further and follow through on it.

The hunters are not really stopping them to be honest as there seems to be that many and the fear of getting caught does not deter them it seems.

What would be the best measures to ensure reduce this? Ban on the internet use for these people, impossible to control, but if caught increased period in jail..

Medical Castration would be one option, we can't kill them, as that would be the final solution, plus there would be nobody to say Mass on a Sunday  ;)

I remember my dad having that awkward conversation with me when I was young about being wary of perverts out there... He said there are gay people who will only want to be with someone who's gay so they are ok, but then there are perverts who are dirty feckers who don't care if you are young old man or woman! I was traumatised!!

What do you say to kids nowadays? Mine are up and well tuned into this and we've had discussions long time ago about the dangers of the internet and so on, hopefully they are smart enough to alert us right away if something seems wrong..

Worrying times, but I still think these hunter guys are doing it for themselves if I'm honest and it's backfiring on them

MR, you lose all credibility in a paragraph like the above when you make a cheap shot at the Catholic Church.

Milltown Row2

Ah sorry to offend the catholic church, i put a smiley face in there as a wee joke mind you, so must have been lost on you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

longballin

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 24, 2018, 04:03:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2018, 10:22:28 AM

MR, you lose all credibility in a paragraph like the above when you make a cheap shot at the Catholic Church.

Who lost all credibility.... the Catholic Church?  ::)

seafoid

Gymnast Aly Raisman speaking at the trial of Larry Nasser

https://youtu.be/HWWFB6RZwgg
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU