Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 22, 2018, 11:51:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2018, 11:26:59 PM
You're harping on about blaming parents, who's said they didn't do the right thing by their children? I haven't heard anyone say any different but you keep going on about it to possibly make you feel better..

but the family were not guilty of sending Smyth off to other parish to continue with his torture on children? The church were and based on what Brady knew he was also to blame

As it happens I don't blame the parents,nor do I blame Sean Brady.There were dozens of people who should have stopped Smyth,long before his and Brady's paths crossed.

But I still contend if by some perverse logic Sean Brady withheld information about a crime,so logically did the parents.

Jesus you are a strange one Tony, I do blame the parents now you don't? Who are these dozens of people who could have stopped Smyth? He confessed to Brady, that's where the buck stops. You take that information to the police and they in turn question the family and then the kids, get a conviction and job done!!

But you know the rest let him continue elsewhere
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2018, 07:46:04 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 22, 2018, 11:51:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2018, 11:26:59 PM
You're harping on about blaming parents, who's said they didn't do the right thing by their children? I haven't heard anyone say any different but you keep going on about it to possibly make you feel better..

but the family were not guilty of sending Smyth off to other parish to continue with his torture on children? The church were and based on what Brady knew he was also to blame

As it happens I don't blame the parents,nor do I blame Sean Brady.There were dozens of people who should have stopped Smyth,long before his and Brady's paths crossed.

But I still contend if by some perverse logic Sean Brady withheld information about a crime,so logically did the parents.

Jesus you are a strange one Tony, I do blame the parents now you don't? Who are these dozens of people who could have stopped Smyth? He confessed to Brady, that's where the buck stops. You take that information to the police and they in turn question the family and then the kids, get a conviction and job done!!

But you know the rest let him continue elsewhere

Smyth confessed to Brady? Are you for real? They never even met.Sean Brady heard allegations from young children.That's all. He reported these to his superiors.The children's parents also heard the same allegations.NO ONE went to the Police.

Milltown Row2

Smyth did confess to someone at the church
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

I wasnt aware Smyth even confessed to the Police hence his long drawn out trial.More misinformation

Gabriel_Hurl

Hey Tony, if you found that someone was stealing money from the Credit Union and you told your supervisor about it – yet the only thing that happened was that they were moved to another branch.

What if you found out they were continuing to steal money from the other branch? Would you not go to the authorities?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 23, 2018, 06:40:52 PM
Hey Tony, if you found that someone was stealing money the branch manager was raping an employee from the Credit Union and you told your supervisor about it – yet the only thing that happened was that they were moved to another branch.

What if you found out they were continuing to steal money rape people at the other branch? Would you not go to the authorities?

paddyjohn

Another sting in Ballymena tonight, in full view of families and kids outside a restaurant. Bellends

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 23, 2018, 05:19:53 PM
I wasnt aware Smyth even confessed to the Police hence his long drawn out trial.More misinformation

So why did they move him? Hmm maybe he never did anything! You're on form lad!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 23, 2018, 08:32:01 PM
Another sting in Ballymena tonight, in full view of families and kids outside a restaurant. Bellends

Watching it there and the comments on the page are unreal! Standing outside the restaurant and apparently they went into the restaurant to get him! Said this was the only place they could get him! Nobs

Therealdonald

I'm not condoning what Brady done by any means...but genuinely is there not a code of practice and guidelines to follow in cases like this. If a child tells a teacher that she's being abused at home, does that teacher not legally have to tell the Principal first or the designated child protection officer? Tony makes a good point are the parents as culpable for not telling the police? Or is it Brady who was wrong for not following up more stringently?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 23, 2018, 08:37:29 PM
I'm not condoning what Brady done by any means...but genuinely is there not a code of practice and guidelines to follow in cases like this. If a child tells a teacher that she's being abused at home, does that teacher not legally have to tell the Principal first or the designated child protection officer? Tony makes a good point are the parents as culpable for not telling the police? Or is it Brady who was wrong for not following up more stringently?

There's a simple answer to this, ask yourself,  what you would do? Would you be happy to not follow it through and ensure that this rapists is investigated by the proper authorities ? If you don't then your as bad for allowing it to continue.

That's my view on it, you obviously have a strange view on things

T Fearon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2018, 08:42:28 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on January 23, 2018, 08:37:29 PM

There's a simple answer to this, ask yourself,  what you would do? Would you be happy to not follow it through and ensure that this rapists is investigated by the proper authorities ? If you don't then your as bad for allowing it to continue.

That's my view on it, you obviously have a strange view on things

There is a code of practice now but nothing back in the day.As I have said often the church's handling of this was woeful,more concerned with its reputation than victims and prevention.This was indefensible.

However the abuse a junior priest at the time has taken on this Board for being a note taker who passed on what he recorded up the food chain is deplorable.He did his best and has every right to feel his conscience is clear.Smyth should have been stopped long before the mid 70s.

Gabriel_Hurl

Hey Tony, if you found that someone was stealing money from the Credit Union and you told your supervisor about it – yet the only thing that happened was that they were moved to another branch.

What if you found out they were continuing to steal money from the other branch? Would your conscience be clear?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2018, 08:34:41 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 23, 2018, 08:32:01 PM

Watching it there and the comments on the page are unreal! Standing outside the restaurant and apparently they went into the restaurant to get him! Said this was the only place they could get him! Nobs

Just off the phone with a work mate who was driving past when it happened, said it was like something out of a film. Nothing but hardmen standing about thinking they are the Mitchell Bros.

Milltown Row2

The guy recording was dancing, and was wearing lovely white track bottoms and trainers.. the other one came over and asked how many likes have we got yet and how many comments on the page!! Hmm