Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on October 28, 2017, 11:42:31 AM
Would you include the parents also who knew but did not inform the authorities?

So you think the parents then should have said something also? So by that logic you agree then that Brady should have said something to the relevant authorities ? Can't back out of that Tony
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

I am saying simply if Brady (and a lot more Senior Clergy who he informed)should have said something to the authorities,so also,by logic should the parents.So you cannot blame the clergy without blaming the parents,who were equally knowledgable.Can't back out of that MR2?

Today the situation is changed radically.Priests facing charges of child abuse,complain they are instantly disowned by the church.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on October 28, 2017, 12:43:39 PM
I am saying simply if Brady (and a lot more Senior Clergy who he informed)should have said something to the authorities,so also,by logic should the parents.So you cannot blame the clergy without blaming the parents,who were equally knowledgable.

So by not doing it along with those parents whom you say were told not to say anything by the same priests, were wrong and in so complicit in covering up more raping of innocent kids?

That's fine then so Brady (in your words) was covering up rapes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on October 28, 2017, 12:43:39 PM
I am saying simply if Brady (and a lot more Senior Clergy who he informed)should have said something to the authorities,so also,by logic should the parents.So you cannot blame the clergy without blaming the parents,who were equally knowledgable.

Maybe they did and we're not listened to. Ireland the the 70's and 80's was ruled by the church with an iron fist. Can you imagine the fear in the mind of some poor young person who is making these allegations?  Who would believe the ....that's what they were thinking and I know that from speaking to people from that time. The reason that paedophiles get away with it is because they target vulnerable children who are generally from difficult backgrounds where there are issues at home. The partners didn't  have the capacity to challenge them. Brady et al failed in their fiduciary and Christian responsibly to act and were completely complicit in the horrendous cover up and if there is a hell they are burning fiercely in it now as should anyone who try to defend their actions or lack of actions .... if they believe in hell.

laoislad

Fearon blaming the parents is nothing new. Sure he has even said before that the kids themselves were at fault for saying nothing.
I very much doubt also that every parent of every kid that was being abused knew it was happening whereas Brady would have known about multiple cases and still did nothing.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

T Fearon

Put it this way.Would Social Services today consider parents who did not inform statutory authorities that their children were being abused,by someone,within or without the family,fit to remain guardians of their children?

Laoislad,you know nothing of what Brady knew or didn't know,you weren't there.In the specific case of his dealings with allegations made about Smyth the parents said they knew.So quite simply and logically if Brady is to be blamed for not telling the Police,so should the parents shoulder the blame.They knew.

I've already recounted my experience in a work situation as a student,at around the same time,in the latter part of the 70s. Two Young boys were abused by a worker at a leisure centre,they told their parents,Parents immediately told the Police,guy was arrested,charged,convicted and jailed.Good parenting,simple as that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on October 28, 2017, 01:45:08 PM
Put it this way.Would Social Services today consider parents who did not inform statutory authorities that their children were being abused,by someone,within or without the family,fit to remain guardians of their children?

Laoislad,you know nothing of what Brady knew or didn't know,you weren't there.In the specific case of his dealings with allegations made about Smyth the parents said they knew.So quite simply and logically if Brady is to be blamed for not telling the Police,so should the parents shoulder the blame.They knew.

I've already recounted my experience in a work situation as a student,at around the same time,in the latter part of the 70s. Two Young boys were abused by a worker at a leisure centre,they told their parents,Parents immediately told the Police,guy was arrested,charged,convicted and jailed.Good parenting,simple as that.

So by the parents as much to blame as Brady that would mean Brady is to blame... thanks for clearing that up

brokencrossbar1

My work experience....2 boys repeatedly abused....parents knew but due to dependency issues did not have the capacity. Reported to a Christian Brother....ignored and not believed. Abuse continued. One became a drug adidct with multiple suicide attempts the other became an abuser himself, which is very common. If they had been believed when they were 9 & 11 this may not have happened. Who do you blame there Tony?

T Fearon

I blame the scummy  paedophile who committed the abuse.But there's no getting away from it,if you believe Sean Brady didn't do enough in telling his superiors of the allegations he heard,then by the same logic,you must believe the parents also didn't do enough.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on October 28, 2017, 02:19:00 PM
I blame the scummy  paedophile who committed the abuse.But there's no getting away from it,if you believe Sean Brady didn't do enough in telling his superiors of the allegations he heard,then by the same logic,you must believe the parents also didn't do enough.

Didn't tell the correct authorities (police) and allowed Smyth to continue.. if the parents did then they have to answer to that as well... but I'm glad you have agreed Brady allowed it continue

T Fearon

Allowed to continue? Do you think that was his intention? He told his superiors,the parents knew,so by your logic they all were complicit in "allowing it to continue" But I'm glad the simple logic is getting home,if you consider Sean Brady to be guilty,you must consider the parents equally so.

Wouldn't it have been much better if the parents had gone straight to the Police,like the parents that I referred to earlier at the leisure centre did,in 1978?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on October 28, 2017, 02:33:38 PM
Allowed to continue? Do you think that was his intention? He told his superiors,the parents knew,so by your logic they all were complicit in "allowing it to continue" But I'm glad the simple logic is getting home,if you consider Sean Brady to be guilty,you must consider the parents equally so.

Wouldn't it have been much better if the parents had gone straight to the Police,like the parents that I referred to earlier at the leisure centre did,in 1978?

You keep talking rubbish Tony, Sean Brady knew Smyth was just moved and continued to molest and rape children.. that's also a simple fact you agree

Your story of your experience is based on that... stop bringing up other stories to make a point, fact remains Sean took information from Brady and didn't go to the police to have this monster put behind bars... how you continually defend this shows you up pretty badly

On you side track story, did the leisure centre not go to police? They talked to parents first and harboured information on a sex offender? The Leisure centre management are as bad as Brady then

T Fearon

You know nothing about Sean Brady.He was most probably glad to get away from this situation after having done honestly what was asked.Hundreds of people could and should have stopped Smyth.Jimjy Savile etc.

The Leisure Centre management was not involved in the case I witnessed,the Parents went straight to the Police to report the offender,after being told by their children.Proper parenting,if only all parents had acted like this whenever they became aware that their children were being abused.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on October 28, 2017, 02:57:49 PM
You know nothing about Sean Brady.He was most probably glad to get away from this situation after having done honestly what was asked.Hundreds of people could and should have stopped Smyth.Jimjy Savile etc.

The Leisure Centre management was not involved in the case I witnessed,the Parents went straight to the Police to report the offender,after being told by their children.Proper parenting,if only all parents had acted like this whenever they became aware that their children were being abused.

You know nothing about Brady as he hid all that from his flock until it came to light, id say he's sorry, sorry he got caught

T Fearon

I'm sure like all of us,he is not proud in hindsight of a mistake,and knowing this would be highlighted by anti Catholics due to him being Cardinal.But he admitted his involvement and regret.I still share the views of the Protestant religious correspondent,Alf Mc Creary,Belfast Telegraph,who described him as a good and holy man,whose long ministry should not be defined by this.He certainly should not beat himself up.