Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 26, 2017, 08:13:25 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2017, 07:22:28 AM
It's totally their own fault,humiliating their families.What's wrong with baiting? This group in my opinion is protecting children by trapping these scum before they do actual harm.Every one of them has turned up expecting to meet a real child,after a period of grooming.I ask the question again,would any of these be apprehended if this group did not exist?
"What's wrong with baiting?"
I would say that pretending to be a 14/15 year old on an 18+ dating site  who's looking to meet up with older men runs a serious risk of catching opportunistic men who wouldn't otherwise offend.

That's no excuse.

Asal Mor

I'm not excusing their behavior but I wouldn't rate these men as a serious risk. They could do with a good fright and a kick up the hole but ruining them and their families does way more harm than good imo.

T Fearon

Amazed at the comments here.It is quite simple,if one goes into a chat room and converses inappropriately with an underage child,continues to groom cunningly that underage child,and worst of all,travels (in some cases great distances) to meet that underage child,then one is an absolute danger to children,deserves to be exposed as such,and deserves to be locked up.

These are not people who simply merit a slap on the wrist,if they go to such lengths,they fully intended to engage in underage sexual activity,and are therefore a serious danger,not least to kids in their own families.

I assume if these hunters make a mistake,the identity of the mistaken person is never revealed to the public,no videos posted,and no harm done.They do seem to be very meticulous,and as I said before the predator himself has arranged the meeting,time and venue.

tonto1888

what if they showed up at a priests door? Would you think differently Tony?

The thing with this group, and others like them, is are they doing it for a) the protection of the children b) their own self promotion. I suspect the latter as if it was really a they wouldn't have the need to broadcast it everywhere. A bit like donating to charity and then bragging about it

LeoMc

Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2017, 09:17:20 AM
Amazed at the comments here.It is quite simple,if one goes into a chat room and converses inappropriately with an underage child,continues to groom cunningly that underage child,and worst of all,travels (in some cases great distances) to meet that underage child,then one is an absolute danger to children,deserves to be exposed as such,and deserves to be locked up.

These are not people who simply merit a slap on the wrist,if they go to such lengths,they fully intended to engage in underage sexual activity,and are therefore a serious danger,not least to kids in their own families.

I assume if these hunters make a mistake,the identity of the mistaken person is never revealed to the public,no videos posted,and no harm done.They do seem to be very meticulous,and as I said before the predator himself has arranged the meeting,time and venue.

Were they not using Facebook live?

Minder

Why are you continually ignoring that they have done this to innocent people ?

Are you being deliberately obtuse ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: Minder on October 26, 2017, 10:37:40 AM

Why are you continually ignoring that they have done this to innocent people ? Yes he is

Are you being deliberately obtuse ? Yes he is

general_lee

Someone shared a video of these guys on Facebook taking down a man who works (worked?) in Asda in west Belfast last week. I don't know the exact methods of catching them but they had managed to lure this man out in the pretence of meeting a teenager outside his own work. They broadcast it live and it soon became apparent that the guy they targeted wasn't the full shilling. It does raise the question of how to deal with perpetrators who have the same mental age as the people they think they're meeting? Also, and I'm not sure if it was this video or another one, but one of the "hunters" is overheard saying something along the lines of "go to Thailand if you wanna f**k wee boys". Seems they're in it as much for themselves as anything else

T Fearon

If they expose a so called priest or anyone else grooming children well and good.As far as I can see they are successfully exposing child predators and handing them to the Police and letting justice run its course.As far as I can see they have more than ample evidence and the predator arranges the meeting.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: LeoMc on October 26, 2017, 10:35:52 AM

Were they not using Facebook live?

Whether they are live or not! If they get it wrong and don't show it they have ruined a family as that won't just be blown over as a sorry! Tony still avoiding Minders question as it doesn't suit his agenda... maybe the pitch fork brigade works for you Tony but not for me!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Apparently paedophiles have more in common genetically with crabs than they do with normal people.

theskull1

Quote from: sid waddell on October 26, 2017, 01:25:10 PM
Apparently paedophiles have more in common genetically with crabs than they do with normal people.

Thats laterally the truth
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

T Fearon

In answer to Minder's post.What's the difference between these guys coming to someone's door,by mistake,making wrong accusations,and the Police doing the same (which I assume happens frequently?).

From the videos I've seen,it is clear from early on,in every one of them,that the accused are as guilty as hell,and that almost a professional level of evidence gathering has taken place,and the predator himself has arranged the time and venue of the entrapment meeting.

T Fearon

Is there any footage on the internet of a wrongful confrontation by these hunters? The videos I've seen,they always give the person confronted a chance early on  to explain themselves,but they never can,because the evidence is overwhelming.

rosnarun

Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2017, 02:11:42 PM
In answer to Minder's post.What's the difference between these guys coming to someone's door,by mistake,making wrong accusations,and the Police doing the same (which I assume happens frequently?).

From the videos I've seen,it is clear from early on,in every one of them,that the accused are as guilty as hell,and that almost a professional level of evidence gathering has taken place,and the predator himself has arranged the time and venue of the entrapment meeting.
the difference the cops hopefully dont briocast live .
when it come to child abuse the accused is guily for ever as soon as people hear of the accusations, even if they get off in court
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere