Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on October 24, 2017, 08:30:22 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 24, 2017, 08:18:08 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 24, 2017, 07:09:14 PM
Anyone snared deserves all they get.They do seem to be professional,filming all their actions while awaiting the Police.

Even the ones that are innocent ?

I came across a link to last weeks incident somewhere possibly Facebook, I only watched a little as it made me feel uncomfortable. I'm definitely not a fan of this kind of 'justice' . All they need to do is get it wrong once and they'll destroy some poor sods life.

Thwy already have in England, at least once. Some fella topped himself after being door stepped & he was innocent.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Don't agree with it at all they accosted some fella from Dunloy at his door only for the wife and daughter to be there too screaming and crying wondering what was going on.

Why can't they gather all their info then give it in to the authorities??

They want the grandstanding and the notoriety of being a vigilante it's complete bullshit. The comments from the sheep then on FB telling them they're great and keep up the good work. It's a horrible business!

The Iceman

Quote from: screenexile on October 24, 2017, 08:45:51 PM
Don't agree with it at all they accosted some fella from Dunloy at his door only for the wife and daughter to be there too screaming and crying wondering what was going on.

Why can't they gather all their info then give it in to the authorities??

They want the grandstanding and the notoriety of being a vigilante it's complete bullshit. The comments from the sheep then on FB telling them they're great and keep up the good work. It's a horrible business!
that man killed himself shortly after - wife and children and wider family circle destroyed
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

Whatever about the professionalism of their videoing/due process and alerting the police - their running commentary, questioning and assertions are cringeworthy. I made myself watch that tandragee video and while that man has a world of justice coming his way, the man and woman "detaining" and questioning him were beyond embarrassing.

T Fearon

The videos I watched from Tandragee and Ballymena involved a male and female confronting the predators who were at a location actually waiting to meet a child,with reams of irrefutable evidence which they could not deny,all they could do was claim to be sorry,and assure they wouldn't actually have done anything had the kids been real and turned up (of course),but they in the end  admitted they'd sent explicit messages and videos and arranged to meet underage children at that time and place.Furthermore they recorded the whole interview and seemed to have concern for the predators safety until the Police arrived.

I cannot see a lot wrong with their approach,it does get a bit repetitive,but they seem to have gathered lots of evidence before they pounce,and know the exact time and venue of the "meeting".Would that bloke from Tandragee have been apprehended and in jail now if this group didn't exist? I don't think so.

Franko

Why the need to broadcast these episodes live on facebook?  Gather their evidence, even confront these people (if they must) and then hand over everything to the authorities.  The facebook thing is totally unneccesary.

TabClear

Quote from: Franko on October 25, 2017, 02:43:27 PM
Why the need to broadcast these episodes live on facebook?  Gather their evidence, even confront these people (if they must) and then hand over everything to the authorities.  The facebook thing is totally unneccesary.

Exactly. No sympathy for any of the scumbags they "out" but the broadcasting is for selfish reasons. If they did as above it still delivers the scumbags to the police but it removes the risk of some innocent person getting wrongly accused and/or innocent members of a guilty person's family getting dragged into it.

rosnarun

the problem with all vigilante pricks is they see them self as some how above the law and incapable of making a mistake.
they destroyed that mans live withouy a court deciding wheter he had a case to answer or not. 
in My view if proved they should be charged with manslaughter.
Courts with barrister jurues and judges have been known to make terrible mistakes what chance have a a few hot heats with computers with  kinds of possible issues
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

T Fearon

Are they not doing it to maximise exposure to the predators? I have not seen one video where those confronted were not obviously guilty.Also if the live facebook broadcast deters paedophiles so much the better? I do not see much wrong about what they're doing to be honest and I think the approach makes the Police act much quicker as they're caught practically in the act.

Minder

Quote from: T Fearon on October 25, 2017, 06:28:37 PM
Are they not doing it to maximise exposure to the predators? I have not seen one video where those confronted were not obviously guilty.Also if the live facebook broadcast deters paedophiles so much the better? I do not see much wrong about what they're doing to be honest and I think the approach makes the Police act much quicker as they're caught practically in the act.

Are you just going to ignore that they have done this to innocent people? Who have then taken their own life.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

T Fearon

Every video I've seen without exception the predators have been forced to admit their wrongdoing in the light of damning evidence produced.I see no evidence of them approaching people who are innocent.Let's face it decoys have arranged the time and place of the meeting,that's how they know exactly where to be and when to snare the predators.

Asal Mor

It is horrible sh!t as others have said. There's a strong element of baiting involved and the publishing of the videos is as cruel as any medieval torture. The people conducting the stings seem to be in it for the wrong reasons and imo are motivated by the opportunity for glory and bullying "nonces" than protecting children. It's inevitable that the children of the men caught in these videos will be emotionally scarred by the public humiliation and ruination of their fathers. A lot of these stings are carried out on 18+ dating platforms and while the men caught would want to take a serious look at themselves, I don't believe it's an effective way to catch those who pose a serious risk to kids.

T Fearon

It's totally their own fault,humiliating their families.What's wrong with baiting? This group in my opinion is protecting children by trapping these scum before they do actual harm.Every one of them has turned up expecting to meet a real child,after a period of grooming.I ask the question again,would any of these be apprehended if this group did not exist?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2017, 07:22:28 AM
It's totally their own fault,humiliating their families.What's wrong with baiting? This group in my opinion is protecting children by trapping these scum before they do actual harm.Every one of them has turned up expecting to meet a real child,after a period of grooming.I ask the question again,would any of these be apprehended if this group did not exist?

You still haven't answered Minders post... of course every video they produce on FB is going to the right one, they will hardly show one were they got it wrong!!

If they have evidence, give it to the police, social media justice, surprised at you T supporting something like this considering the keyboard warriors knocking the church for all its involvement in hiding perverts within the church.. but hey I think your agenda here is yourself
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Asal Mor

Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2017, 07:22:28 AM

For the decoy accounts have to create fake profiles which state their age as 18. They then tell them in the chat that they are underage but it's all very dubious. The men caught need a good fright and a kick up the hole but not their lives ruined imo.
"What's wrong with baiting?"
I would say that pretending to be a 14/15 year old on an 18+ dating site  who's looking to meet up with older men runs a serious risk of catching opportunistic men who wouldn't otherwise offend.