55 (44.4%)
No - There should be less moderation
10 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on October 06, 2017, 10:49:25 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 06, 2017, 10:32:54 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 06, 2017, 10:26:42 PM
Liverpool fans who can't take a bit of schtick about winning no league titles in the past 27 years, a total of one league cup in the past  10 years and Stevie G retiring in humiliation getting humped in a 6-1 thrashing at Stoke, who then resort to racist insults against the travelling community (kick down at those you perceive to be below you)  because they can't take the world laughing at their club's failure should be permanently banned.
Bants.

Indeed. In the good old days before Eamon's revolution he could have been called a dick, but even now if ye wanted to call him a dick, you couldn't call him a dick as you risk a ban... C'est la vie

Comparing what StGalls does to what Foxcommander does is like comparing a drunk lad in a kebab shop shouting about Enda Kenny ruining the country to Katie Hopkins.

I really don't know why people think painting issues in absolutes is a clever thing to do, because it's the opposite. Drawing false equivalences never is.

Lar Naparka

Liverpool fans who can't take a bit of schtick about winning no league titles in the past 27 years, a total of one league cup in the past  10 years and Stevie G retiring in humiliation getting humped in a 6-1 thrashing at Stoke, who then resort to racist insults against the travelling community (kick down at those you perceive to be below you)  because they can't take the world laughing at their club's failure should be permanently banned.
Bants.

Indeed. In the good old days before Eamon's revolution he could have been called a dick, but even now if ye wanted to call him a dick, you couldn't call him a dick as you risk a ban... C'est la vie
Aye, but there's a way around all problems of you look hard enough. You could follow the logic here :"I never called you a thick ass, ya stupid donkey."
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

laoislad

Bants.

He's a bleedin weirdo is what he is. That rant above is as odd as it gets.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on October 06, 2017, 07:19:30 PM
Some people get away with murder,alluding by name and homeplace of convicted paedophiles who happened to be priests.People like that should be banned.

This board has lost most if not all of the early days iconic posters,so it would need to be careful it doesn't lose anymore
You are not iconic,.Tony. You are chronic.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bamboo

WUMs can be easily ignored. it's the blatant racism, sexism and bigotry that needs to be clamped down on. No place for that in society or on here. Let the tough bully boys treat their wives and children how they want but keep it off here. And keep the personal abuse down too, the crossmaglen thread got pretty nasty and one board member in particular did very well to rise above it all.

BennyHarp

Some people take their life on here way too seriously. I enjoy the board as much as the next man but generally I wouldn't get too upset about someone I don't know, and am never likely to meet, saying something I don't like. I find when I log off I don't give the Board too much thought. So extra moderation of threads wouldn't be something I would be too bothered about.
That was never a square ball!!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 07, 2017, 08:53:36 AM
Some people take their life on here way too seriously. I enjoy the board as much as the next man but generally I wouldn't get too upset about someone I don't know, and am never likely to meet, saying something I don't like. I find when I log off I don't give the Board too much thought. So extra moderation of threads wouldn't be something I would be too bothered about.

+1
That's more or less how I feel also.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

GJL

The key is in the name. GAA board. Some posters on here seem to have little or no interest in anything GAA and are only here to talk shite about soccer/politics/religion. They have no place here IMO.

laoislad

But you are constantly talking shite about soccer EC Unique..opps sorry I mean GJL
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: GJL on October 07, 2017, 10:46:57 AM
The key is in the name. GAA board. Some posters on here seem to have little or no interest in anything GAA and are only here to talk shite about soccer/politics/religion. They have no place here IMO.

I very rarely post on GAA should I not be here??

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on October 07, 2017, 10:59:51 AM

Definitely not you Manc Tyrone scum😛

brokencrossbar1

I used to be great friends with an English guy when I was in university. He was a real Laaadaner. He would regularly call me a terrorist and I would regularly give him shit about Britain raping and pillaging their way round the world.  We had fierce debates about so many different things, particularly when we had a bottle of gin or whiskey.  Contextually though we both knew and respected each other well as we were just expressing our opinions and were very tongue in cheek about a lot of it.

In my opinion much of what goes on on this board is like that.....but some take it too far. Yes I made it personally recently with Fearon and I will stand over that because his comments were personally hurtful to me and he knew what he was at. The thing you get back in life what you put out. That is my motto and I will always stick to that. If you put out good vibes good things happen back. If you peddle in lies, deceit and nastiness don't cry when you get a box in the mouth. Leave it as it is,  most of us are big boys and girls(metaphorically speaking to Rois, Leenie and Tyrone Girl...only Tyrone women on the board...we miss anluabu...she was lovely!).

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 07, 2017, 11:01:22 AM

I'm closer to you than Tyrone ;)

BennyHarp

There's a non GAA section.
That was never a square ball!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on October 07, 2017, 11:10:25 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 07, 2017, 11:01:22 AM

I'm closer to you than Tyrone ;)

Always thought you were a Tyrone scum!!!