All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

cicfada

Dublin seem to be better than last year as they have received no test at all. They have all the experience they need on the subs  bench but I still maintain that Mayo will be ready for them. I could be wrong and Dublin could win at a canter but I just feel that all these matches and tests will stand to Mayo. I wouldn't be surprised to see all those stars on the Dubs bench on the field earlier than expected .

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

macdanger2

I can't see Gavin starting Connolly after him having not played for almost 4 months, Flynn or Mcmanamon to start

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 16, 2017, 01:39:26 PM
Dublin now given the kiss of death by both Fearon and Syferus, If Mayo don't win this final now then they are definitely cursed.

For someone a bit obsessed with me you somehow missed the fact I've said Dublin would win this AI since the third Sunday of September last year.. poor show.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 16, 2017, 02:44:46 PM
I can't see Gavin starting Connolly after him having not played for almost 4 months, Flynn or Mcmanamon to start
Nor can I see Connolly starting especially now when his marker Keegan is 100% fit unlike the Kerry games. Mcmanamon like loftus will be a impact sub more than a starter I'd say.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 16, 2017, 03:44:54 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 16, 2017, 02:44:46 PM
Nor can I see Connolly starting especially now when his marker Keegan is 100% fit unlike the Kerry games. Mcmanamon like loftus will be a impact sub more than a starter I'd say.

Keegan spending his day chasing Connolly wouldn't do Mayo much good.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

seafoid

Mayo are apparently going to line Keegan out as the Bodach
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Il Bomber Destro

Mayo have shown they're well fit for Dublin in the past but time will tell whether Dublin have pulled away from everyone this year.

I can see it being ding dong for 50 odd minutes but Dublin pulling away and winning by 8 or 9.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

stew

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 16, 2017, 08:30:25 PM
Mayo have shown they're well fit for Dublin in the past but time will tell whether Dublin have pulled away from everyone this year.

I can see it being ding dong for 50 odd minutes but Dublin pulling away and winning by 8 or 9.

I can see it over by eight minutes, hope I am wrong, a team that should have been beaten by Derry playing this Dublin team should get destroyed, I hope not,  c'mon mayo.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: stew on September 16, 2017, 08:40:50 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 16, 2017, 08:30:25 PM

I can see it over by eight minutes, hope I am wrong, a team that should have been beaten by Derry playing this Dublin team should get destroyed, I hope not,  c'mon mayo.

I think it's fair to say Mayo are a completely different team compared to the early qualifier rounds. They upped it in the replay against Roscommon steamrolling past them and the scoreboard didn't do justice to how dominant they were against Kerry.

It remains to be seen how far ahead Dublin are of everyone else or how far ahead Dublin and Mayo are of anyone else. Personally I think Dublin have probably stepped it up this year which is worrying for the game. Their bench is so strong that it has to have a psychological impact on the opposition that even if they are in bother they have five or six pedigree game changers on the bench ready to come in.

Mayo deserve credit for the way they keep coming back and sustaining their levels but I feel as if their best chances have passed.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on September 16, 2017, 03:37:15 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 16, 2017, 01:39:26 PM
Dublin now given the kiss of death by both Fearon and Syferus, If Mayo don't win this final now then they are definitely cursed.

For someone a bit obsessed with me
you somehow missed the fact I've said Dublin would win this AI since the third Sunday of September last year.. poor show.
Don't flatter yourself. I didn't miss the fact that you totally wrote Kerry off before this year Division one league final.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!