Sinn Fein's fractured relationship with PSNI vehicles

Started by T Fearon, June 22, 2013, 08:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qubdub

Having read through a few number of your posts Evil Genius I've noticed a trend.

Why do you come on here solely to criticise (in a pathetic, condescending and completely immature manner) Sinn Fein?

Do you think we're all Sinn Fein voters? (I suppose you're one of these middle class Unionist snobs that doesn't vote?)

Have you somehow mistaken this for a Republican website?

Are you fishing for some specific sort of reaction?

Is proper mature commentary beyond you? Surely you could make your point without resorting to making jibes about someone's physical appearance?

Evil Genius

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PM
Having read through a few number of your posts Evil Genius I've noticed a trend.
So I'm consistent, am I? Thank you.

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PMWhy do you come on here solely to criticise (in a pathetic, condescending and completely immature manner) Sinn Fein?
You sound like you've answered your own question. Congratulations.

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PMDo you think we're all Sinn Fein voters?
No. But keep trying.

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PM(I suppose you're one of these middle class Unionist snobs that doesn't vote?)
Wrong again. And it's "one of those middle class Unionist snobs who don't vote", by the way. (I am quite snobby about language, I'll give you that)

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PMHave you somehow mistaken this for a Republican website?
No. Though considering the nature of the replies I usually get, I think I could be forgiven for making that mistake.

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PMAre you fishing for some specific sort of reaction?
Well I do hope for respondants who address the substance of what I post, rather than launching ad hominem attacks on me, but I guess that's the nature of Message Boards like these - you can't screen out the dicks.

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PMIs proper mature commentary beyond you? Surely you could make your point without resorting to making jibes about someone's physical appearance?
Well I guess I could, but that would deprive people of the excuse to avoid addressing the meat of my argument (Kelly) and instead concentrate on the gristle (Ni Chuilin).

And without that, where would the likes of you be?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

qubdub

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 25, 2013, 02:49:51 PM
Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PMWhy do you come on here solely to criticise (in a pathetic, condescending and completely immature manner) Sinn Fein?
So you don't deny being pathetic, condescending and immature when continuously criticising Sinn Fein posting on gaaboard.com?

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PMDo you think we're all Sinn Fein voters?
No. But keep trying.
Keep trying what? One could easily be forgiven for thinking that you do, considering all you seem to do is post about Sinn Fein... and so little about GAA.

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PM(I suppose you're one of these middle class Unionist snobs that doesn't vote?)
Wrong again. And it's "one of those middle class Unionist snobs who don't vote", by the way. (I am quite snobby about language, I'll give you that)
At least you admit you're a snob. (While we're appraising each other's grammar, I should point out that it is poor English to start a sentence with the word 'And'...but you already knew that)

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PMHave you somehow mistaken this for a Republican website?
No. Though considering the nature of the replies I usually get, I think I could be forgiven for making that mistake.
Well there are clearly some Republican posters on here. Like I have already said, your commentary is almost solely concentrated on Sinn Fein-bashing.

Others engage in it as well - as is their/your right. But they also engage in other GAA related discussion. You don't. So forgive me for getting the impression that you think you're posting on an IRA/Sinn Fein forum.

Also forgive me for finding it slightly baffling that someone with no perceptible interesting in playing, watching or discussing GAA would log onto a GAA forum; (one that is predominated by GAA news and discussion) and spend almost his entirety on the forum posting in the General Discussion thread. (In fact I find it most odd - The only other instance in which I have witnessed such behaviour is from a deluded pro-Israeli poster who keeps watch on the Gaza thread)

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PMAre you fishing for some specific sort of reaction?
Well I do hope for respondants who address the substance of what I post, rather than launching ad hominem attacks on me, but I guess that's the nature of Message Boards like these - you can't screen out the dicks.
Amen to that. (Oh, and the correct spelling is respondent)

Though I must point out what you say here is contradictory to your point below. How can anyone attempt to address the 'substance' of your commentary when you choose to engage in petty insults?

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 02:18:07 PMIs proper mature commentary beyond you? Surely you could make your point without resorting to making jibes about someone's physical appearance?
Well I guess I could, but that would deprive people of the excuse to avoid addressing the meat of my argument (Kelly) and instead concentrate on the gristle (Ni Chuilin).
My, how astute of you.

Surely by now after almost 4,000 posts the novelty of trolling has worn off for you? I mean even you must be tired of the constant monotony that is the synonymous with your posts?

theticklemister

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 03:46:52 PM
So you don't deny being pathetic, condescending and immature when continuously criticising Sinn Fein posting on gaaboard.com?

No. But keep trying.
Keep trying what? One could easily be forgiven for thinking that you do, considering all you seem to do is post about Sinn Fein... and so little about GAA.

At least you admit you're a snob. (While we're appraising each other's grammar, I should point out that it is poor English to start a sentence with the word 'And'...but you already knew that)

Well there are clearly some Republican posters on here. Like I have already said, your commentary is almost solely concentrated on Sinn Fein-bashing.

Others engage in it as well - as is their/your right. But they also engage in other GAA related discussion. You don't. So forgive me for getting the impression that you think you're posting on an IRA/Sinn Fein forum.

Also forgive me for finding it slightly baffling that someone with no perceptible interesting in playing, watching or discussing GAA would log onto a GAA forum; (one that is predominated by GAA news and discussion) and spend almost his entirety on the forum posting in the General Discussion thread. (In fact I find it most odd - The only other instance in which I have witnessed such behaviour is from a deluded pro-Israeli poster who keeps watch on the Gaza thread)

Though I must point out what you say here is contradictory to your point below. How can anyone attempt to address the 'substance' of your commentary when you choose to engage in petty insults?

My, how astute of you.

Surely by now after almost 4,000 posts the novelty of trolling has worn off for you? I mean even you must be tired of the constant monotony that is the synonymous with your posts?

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT.......................

Evil Genius

Quote from: qubdub on June 25, 2013, 03:46:52 PM

No. But keep trying.

My, how astute of you.

Forgive me for being obtuse, but does that all mean you agree or disagree with my thesis that the very policing set-up which SF helped negotiate under the GFA serves only to confine, rather than empower them?

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Applesisapples

I'm not a SF Loyalist like Nally, however I do not believe that SF are any more empowered or confined by the Police Service than any of the rest of us. All Police services need to be held to account, but they can also operate within the authority granted to them by the laws they enforce. I've watched the GK video on numerous occasions now and whilst he in my opinion is a little over aggressive in his manner, like Alban Magennis I can see the situation and the tensions and what he was trying to avoid. The question must be rightly asked why arrest one 16 yo for provocative behaviour whilst ignoring the similar behaviour of the Brethren and the bands. A misjudgement by the officer concerned, and we all an make mistakes. In this instance it was compounded by the officer telling GK he would pull in but then doing the opposite...why lie? Just tell GK I'll see you down the nick. On the face of it the arrest was in contravention of police tactics over flags, and in that volatile environment could have led to violence being perceived by that community as bias. Context is everything. Personally I believe the PSNI do a great job on the whole. They don't get it all right, however you start losing the trust, sparse as it is of working class republican areas and SF support for Policing becomes more difficult to maintain.

Count 10

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 25, 2013, 04:38:09 PM
I'm not a SF Loyalist like Nally, however I do not believe that SF are any more empowered or confined by the Police Service than any of the rest of us. All Police services need to be held to account, but they can also operate within the authority granted to them by the laws they enforce. I've watched the GK video on numerous occasions now and whilst he in my opinion is a little over aggressive in his manner, like Alban Magennis I can see the situation and the tensions and what he was trying to avoid. The question must be rightly asked why arrest one 16 yo for provocative behaviour whilst ignoring the similar behaviour of the Brethren and the bands. A misjudgement by the officer concerned, and we all an make mistakes. In this instance it was compounded by the officer telling GK he would pull in but then doing the opposite...why lie? Just tell GK I'll see you down the nick. On the face of it the arrest was in contravention of police tactics over flags, and in that volatile environment could have led to violence being perceived by that community as bias. Context is everything. Personally I believe the PSNI do a great job on the whole. They don't get it all right, however you start losing the trust, sparse as it is of working class republican areas and SF support for Policing becomes more difficult to maintain.

I am not a SF voter but that in bold is absolute bollocks. Great job my arse.....they facilitated the loyalist flag protests...did not police it...and claimed it was for the greater good..bullshit. They are a bunch of halfwits with no clue...try ringing them if someone was breaking into your house...sorry no cars available...yet they can have 4 unmarked cars, 2 marked cars, 2 paddy wagons, 4 landrovers at the shambles in Armagh at chucking out time!

Nally Stand

Quote from: Count 10 on June 25, 2013, 05:13:13 PM

I am not a SF voter but that in bold is absolute bollocks.

+1
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Evil Genius

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the policing of events the other day (and you may assume I disagree somewhat with your analysis!), that was not my point.

Rather it was that SF assured their supporters that under the new GFA which they agreed, the experience of Republicans of policing would be very different from previously.

Yet now that it's all bedded-in, when we see the police go to lift some wee Republican scrote for acting the maggot over an Orange parade, Gerry Kelly, a senior SF figure, MLA and member of the Policing Board etc, is publicly exposed as being an impotent dickhead.

Was that what "The Struggle" was all about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzvpMlHuIrs
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Nally Stand

A lot of chat on here and on the media from unionist sources about Gerry Kelly and about this 16 year old lad who was arrested. These usual unionist sources seem totally oblivious however, to the mass law breaking of the loyalist bands on the day. Their silence on that one is deafening. As always, unionist demands of respect for law and order apply only to the croppies.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Evil Genius

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 25, 2013, 06:59:18 PM
A lot of chat on here and on the media from unionist sources about Gerry Kelly and about this 16 year old lad who was arrested.
Er, Kelly's interaction with the PSNI was over the 16 y.o.

And it was this made him look a dick.

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 25, 2013, 06:59:18 PMThese usual unionist sources seem totally oblivious however, to the mass law breaking of the loyalist bands on the day. Their silence on that one is deafening. As always, unionist demands of respect for law and order apply only to the croppies.
Whataboutery.

This thread is about the Kelly/Landrover spat.

I suspect there may be other threads which deal with Policing and Parades etc.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Nally Stand

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 25, 2013, 07:34:18 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 25, 2013, 06:59:18 PM
A lot of chat on here and on the media from unionist sources about Gerry Kelly and about this 16 year old lad who was arrested.
Er, Kelly's interaction with the PSNI was over the 16 y.o.

And it was this made him look a dick.
So we can only talk a specific event without allowing reference to the wider events which led directly to it? I suppose that's the conveniently standard unionist tactic alright!

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 25, 2013, 06:59:18 PMThese usual unionist sources seem totally oblivious however, to the mass law breaking of the loyalist bands on the day. Their silence on that one is deafening. As always, unionist demands of respect for law and order apply only to the croppies.
Whataboutery.

This thread is about the Kelly/Landrover spat.
I did say unionists both "here AND on the media". I didn't realise Peter Robinson/JimAllister/Mike Nesbitt etc could only comment on issues which have currently have threads on gaaboard.com. As I said, their silence on the mass law breaking by the bands is absolutely deafening.

I suspect there may be other threads which deal with Policing and Parades etc.
And if there were, I'm sure you would be all over such threads, busily condemning the behaviour of the bands for breaking the law in full view of the police yet again at the weekend.....Some chance!

Wildweasel74

Oh the topic of Gerry kelly popped up today, i think to a man we agree he make a real dick of himself, you cant cry for months about protestors blocking roads and should be arrested and police enforce the law, when the shoe is on the foot he is of the case the same law does not apply to him, if we blocked a police land rover odds on we be arrested! Gerry mistakenly thinks that cause he is  in stormont and the policing board the police have to answer him on the streets, thats is not the law here, you still have to go through correct procedures, though our gerry think he still above the law

stibhan

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 25, 2013, 06:13:01 PM
Whatever the rights and wrongs of the policing of events the other day (and you may assume I disagree somewhat with your analysis!), that was not my point.

Rather it was that SF assured their supporters that under the new GFA which they agreed, the experience of Republicans of policing would be very different from previously.

Yet now that it's all bedded-in, when we see the police go to lift some wee Republican scrote for acting the maggot over an Orange parade, Gerry Kelly, a senior SF figure, MLA and member of the Policing Board etc, is publicly exposed as being an impotent d**khead.

Was that what "The Struggle" was all about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzvpMlHuIrs

Did you witness what happened to this 'wee republican scrote', or what he did? Did you ask him his political views after or are you just assuming?

If you had have said 'sc**bag' and left any political descriptive out of it that would have been fine. But your addition of the 'republican', as if it's the definition of a republican act to, 'act the maggot' (the charge he will be brought up on in court, no doubt).

Whatever the story was, the police driver should be getting more criticism than Gerry Kelly. If he was actually obstructing arrest then I'm pretty sure the riot squad would have had something to say or do about it.

Count 10

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2013, 09:22:57 PM
Oh the topic of Gerry kelly popped up today, i think to a man we agree he make a real dick of himself, you cant cry for months about protestors blocking roads and should be arrested and police enforce the law, when the shoe is on the foot he is of the case the same law does not apply to him, if we blocked a police land rover odds on we be arrested! Gerry mistakenly thinks that cause he is  in stormont and the policing board the police have to answer him on the streets, thats is not the law here, you still have to go through correct procedures, though our gerry think he still above the law

The PSNi are public servants...and as such are answerable (supposedly) don't forget that....Gerry Kelly is an elected representative and has the right to challenge the police behaviour.