It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

I watched the coverage there on both BBC and UTV.  This is going to be the most basic, stupid, idiotic thing I've ever said on this board, but dear God there are NO good looking orangemen.  I actually hunted for one in the coverage.  None.  Zero.  A relatively high proportion of them have facial hair.  Is that a protestant thing, having a moustache?

Puckoon

Quote from: Rois on July 12, 2011, 11:20:23 PM
I watched the coverage there on both BBC and UTV.  This is going to be the most basic, stupid, idiotic thing I've ever said on this board, but dear God there are NO good looking orangemen.  I actually hunted for one in the coverage.  None.  Zero.  A relatively high proportion of them have facial hair.  Is that a protestant thing, having a moustache?

Nope - this one is...

"I like manbags too!  I think you should be proud of it Dinny.  Very classy if you have the right one."   :) 

Rois

You've been saving that up, you wee sh*t

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on July 12, 2011, 11:28:10 PM

Nope - this one is...

"I like manbags too!  I think you should be proud of it Dinny.  Very classy if you have the right one."   :)
:D
Testing Accessibility

tyrone86

Reminds me of the auld favourite,

How did you know that ET was a protestant? Because he was ugly.

trileacman

The height of tonight's rioting seems to be originating from mainly nationalist areas as opposed to the previous rioting from the loyalist side. Bit of one-up-manship perhaps?  ;)
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ziggysego

Quote from: trileacman on July 12, 2011, 11:46:10 PM
The height of tonight's rioting seems to be originating from mainly nationalist areas as opposed to the previous rioting from the loyalist side. Bit of one-up-manship perhaps?  ;)

They're just as idiotic.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trileacman on July 12, 2011, 11:46:10 PM
It's called recreational rioting. No Orangemen in sight but plenty of pissed up teenagers. There was a "street party" in Umgola in Armagh today so I'd say that was the source of any trouble. Just back from the cinema and Armagh was quiet.

dillinger

Quote from: Forever Green on July 12, 2011, 11:04:22 PM
I wouldn't like to see the reaction from the Loyalists when getting told that King Billy`s greatest ally was the Pope.

Apart from a few 12 year olds, they know that. ???

Applesisapples

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 11, 2011, 12:32:55 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 11, 2011, 12:14:13 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 11, 2011, 11:16:09 AM
oh good jaysus- the aparthid state and genocidal tendencies was actually the taigs/nationalists/IRA etc now (as opposed to the establishment status quo and their hate filled oppressors and death dealers as in the crown forces/security forces/army/unionist and loyalist paramilitary squads)!!
what fantastic revisionism.
::)

Lynchbhoy, have you not accepted that the problems here in the north all stem from pesky fenians not knowing their place and complaining too much. The utopia that was "Ulster" (sic) pre 1969 was a land of milk and honey, tranquility and fairness, if we could only return to those times things would be so much better.
....many a true word spoken in jest and all that....
a lot of the unionist/loyalist people just dont want to accept and move on...
they'd much rather resume the campaign to beat the taigs out of the six counties again...
I would agree. Just read Evil Genius posts, and more tellingly his failure to respond to posts that challenge his position.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Tubberman on July 12, 2011, 11:08:33 AM
I suppose these were Loyalists masquerading as Nationalists:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0712/12july.html

Twenty-two police officers are being treated for injuries following serious overnight rioting in west Belfast.

Four PSNI officers remain in hospital.

Crowds of up to 200 nationalists threw over 40 petrol bombs and masonry at officers in riot gear.

51 plastic baton rounds were fired in the Broadway and Oldpark areas of the city when police lines came under attack.

A water cannon was deployed during the disturbances at Broadway.

Police are investigating reports that gunshots were fired in the area.

The trouble flared during loyalist celebrations to mark the height of the marching season.

The emergency services in Northern Ireland received a total of 180 fire calls over a seven-hour period up until 1am, representing a 65% increase over the same period last year.

At the peak of activity, they were processing one call every 75 seconds with the majority of these from within the greater Belfast area.

Fire crews from the Springfield Fire Station also came under attack in west Belfast from stone throwing youths but escaped injury.
Not to be justified, but compare PSNI response with the apology given to the rioting loyalists of Ballyclare and Carrick, where were the baton rounds and water cannons there?

ziggysego

BNP's Nick Griffin has been in Twitter this morning.

Violent Republican reaction to peaceful loyalist cultural traditions is sign that it's not only Islam and globalism that threaten British identity. Fenian Marxism still does too.
Testing Accessibility

ludermor

Quote from: ziggysego on July 13, 2011, 12:44:02 PM
BNP's Nick Griffin has been in Twitter this morning.

Violent Republican reaction to peaceful loyalist cultural traditions is sign that it's not only Islam and globalism that threaten British identity. Fenian Marxism still does too.
where is twitter?

Harold Disgracey

It would appear to be kicking off big time in Portadown tonight. UVF show of strength at the Tunnel, reports of a policeman shot

LostInSpace

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 15, 2011, 11:09:23 PM
It would appear to be kicking off big time in Portadown tonight. UVF show of strength at the Tunnel, reports of a policeman shot

This country is a joke!