It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 11, 2011, 11:16:09 AM
oh good jaysus- the aparthid state and genocidal tendencies was actually the taigs/nationalists/IRA etc now (as opposed to the establishment status quo and their hate filled oppressors and death dealers as in the crown forces/security forces/army/unionist and loyalist paramilitary squads)!!
what fantastic revisionism.
::)

Lynchbhoy, have you not accepted that the problems here in the north all stem from pesky fenians not knowing their place and complaining too much. The utopia that was "Ulster" (sic) pre 1969 was a land of milk and honey, tranquility and fairness, if we could only return to those times things would be so much better.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 11, 2011, 12:14:13 PM
oh good jaysus- the aparthid state and genocidal tendencies was actually the taigs/nationalists/IRA etc now (as opposed to the establishment status quo and their hate filled oppressors and death dealers as in the crown forces/security forces/army/unionist and loyalist paramilitary squads)!!

Lynchbhoy, have you not accepted that the problems here in the north all stem from pesky fenians not knowing their place and complaining too much. The utopia that was "Ulster" (sic) pre 1969 was a land of milk and honey, tranquility and fairness, if we could only return to those times things would be so much better.
....many a true word spoken in jest and all that....
a lot of the unionist/loyalist people just dont want to accept and move on...
they'd much rather resume the campaign to beat the taigs out of the six counties again...

HiMucker

Quote from: LeoMc on July 11, 2011, 11:50:10 AM
I have no idea what leo's requote of LBs post is suppose to mean?  Can someone enlighten me

fitzroyalty

Think he is hinting at revisionism on LB's part.

cuconnacht

cuconnacht

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 27, 2011, 07:33:04 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 27, 2011, 06:08:29 PM
Apparently the threat specifically mentions that the ballad group "will be shot if we can't march".

Nothing to do with OO of course, not a thing.
:D Yes completely unrelated!
careful now,havent they still got a hit out on chuck berry from the early seventies ;D

Archie Mitchell

I wonder how many fines there will be for on-street drinking tonight and tomorrow in Belfast? Had to drive through Lisburn Road area last year and if the cops were doing their job they would have cleaned up.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 11, 2011, 08:28:58 PM
I wonder how many fines there will be for on-street drinking tonight and tomorrow in Belfast? Had to drive through Lisburn Road area last year and if the cops were doing their job they would have cleaned up.
Zero...this would be yet another attack on Orange culture. And would require Wee Wullie to go and get yet another apology.

ONeill

Would it not be the same on St Patrick's Day around the Holylands and in the city centre?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2011, 10:53:23 AM

Would it not be the same on St Patrick's Day around the Holylands and in the city centre?
Screw you and your even-handed approach. You have no place in this thread.

Tubberman

I suppose these were Loyalists masquerading as Nationalists:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0712/12july.html

Twenty-two police officers are being treated for injuries following serious overnight rioting in west Belfast.

Four PSNI officers remain in hospital.

Crowds of up to 200 nationalists threw over 40 petrol bombs and masonry at officers in riot gear.

51 plastic baton rounds were fired in the Broadway and Oldpark areas of the city when police lines came under attack.

A water cannon was deployed during the disturbances at Broadway.

Police are investigating reports that gunshots were fired in the area.

The trouble flared during loyalist celebrations to mark the height of the marching season.

The emergency services in Northern Ireland received a total of 180 fire calls over a seven-hour period up until 1am, representing a 65% increase over the same period last year.

At the peak of activity, they were processing one call every 75 seconds with the majority of these from within the greater Belfast area.

Fire crews from the Springfield Fire Station also came under attack in west Belfast from stone throwing youths but escaped injury.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Tubberman

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 12, 2011, 11:47:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L712IRIv9Do

Bout 28 seconds in.  Typical United supporters.

"Ronan Kerr, you're having a laugh"

It doesn't even make any sense, but I presume it was meant in a disrespectful or taunting way.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

The Gs Man

Slightly before that ridiculous chant there's someone shouting "Come on United".  Wtf?
Keep 'er lit

Aerlik

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 07, 2011, 02:45:23 PM

I must say, when I heard that this threat purported to come from the LVF, I was highly surprised. For there has never been an LVF in Fermanagh (nor UVF/UDA for that matter), as evidenced by that fact whilst the total number of murders in Fermanagh during the Troubles ran into three figures, a bare handful of these were attributed to "Loyalist" [sic] paramilitaries.

No, their "legitimate" facade did the deeds.  And one wonders just how much Ken Mcguinness knew.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!