It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Sectarian motives were behind the lighting of the bonfire...

Oh the irony!!

omaghjoe

Wise up lads, its no joke and must be brutally disheartening for the kids that take days and weeks of school to build the thing

On a serious note tho, with all that material lying everywhere that could quickly catch some buildings

gallsman

Quote from: Orior on June 25, 2015, 01:13:29 PM
Was this fire another nationalist prank? Were the thugs guards distracted by the band parade?

The whole site is a very sad view from the Days Hotel. But of course they will say it is their tradition.

That eyesore of a hotel is in itself a very sad view.

Orior

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 25, 2015, 03:35:26 PM
Wise up lads, its no joke and must be brutally disheartening for the kids that take days and weeks of school to build the thing

On a serious note tho, with all that material lying everywhere that could quickly catch some buildings

Emmm, I just hope you didn't skip on English grammar classes to build your own bonfire. Only joking!!!!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

red hander

Marching down the Falls to work today the whole place stank to high heaven ... some culture all right, polluting the air. And the Orange Order telling people not to get hung up over fact there's no tricolour outside its new museum alongside other flags of nations with Orange lodges ... like the Orange Order would never get hung up over a flag  ::)

stew

Quote from: red hander on June 25, 2015, 05:35:31 PM
Marching down the Falls to work today the whole place stank to high heaven ... some culture all right, polluting the air. And the Orange Order telling people not to get hung up over fact there's no tricolour outside its new museum alongside other flags of nations with Orange lodges ... like the Orange Order would never get hung up over a flag  ::)

Hey now, easy fellah, they were, back in the forties good enough to back us apple munchers to the tune of 30 strips for the county team since we were broke so they cant all be bad, that said, when the rest of the Orangemen found out what they had done they had the Lodge closed.

That Lodge out of Loughgall are the reason we wear Orange and White to this day bless their hearts! ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

omaghjoe

Quote from: stew on June 26, 2015, 04:53:48 AM

Hey now, easy fellah, they were, back in the forties good enough to back us apple munchers to the tune of 30 strips for the county team since we were broke so they cant all be bad, that said, when the rest of the Orangemen found out what they had done they had the Lodge closed.

That Lodge out of Loughgall are the reason we wear Orange and White to this day bless their hearts! ;)

Is that right? I never knew that.

On a side note I googled "why do armagh wear orange". And I got this on yahoo answers

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100328174216AATjVxA

:DWhere the feck do you even start with answering that.

stew

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 26, 2015, 05:34:34 AM

On a side note I googled "why do armagh wear orange". And I got this on yahoo answers

Jesus wept!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

According to the press, there is no tricolour because Orangemen in Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan feel more British than Irish.

Is anyone planning to go to the Museum? I'd like to know if they display the meeting minutes, some of which were recorded in Irish.

deiseach

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 26, 2015, 05:34:34 AM

By directing 'Kevin' to the search result above your query in Google!

QuoteArmagh/Ard Mhacha – Orange and White
Up to 1926 Armagh wore the same colours as Kilkenny. In 1926 they played Dublin in the All-Ireland Junior Semi-Final and wore jerseys knit specially for them by nuns in Omeath in the colours which are used at present.

red hander

I've heard that story... I've also heard it's a complete myth. Youse boys, a drop of Buckfast in yis and you'd believe anything!

BennyCake

At what age do most people stop collecting rubbish for, or attend a bonfire? I remember we used to light one at Halloween, but stopped doing that aged about 13.

Looks like you're never too old to collect for a 11th night bonfire though.

Orior

Where can I see live feeds of the riots on the Crumlin Road.

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on July 13, 2015, 09:30:29 PM
Where can I see live feeds of the riots on the Crumlin Road.

Try the other thread grids on windows.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AZOffaly

I just saw an ad on RTE for the new Museum of Orange Culture up in Belfast and Loughgall. Are they serious with this shit?