It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Totally agree. This shoud be blocked. When they have the cheek to say the new A5 is gona be 30 yrs away from being completed no protestant organisation in the west should get a penny

Applesisapples

Two wrongs do not make a right. The more a nationalist/republican majority is seen to act in a spirit of generosity when in a majority, the more it shows up Nesbitt and Robinson for their petty small mindedness.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hereiam on October 18, 2014, 01:02:18 PM
Totally agree. This shoud be blocked. When they have the cheek to say the new A5 is gona be 30 yrs away from being completed no protestant organisation in the west should get a penny

I don't agree with this. Economic/civil development should not be overlapped with political stuff.
And I do agree with  Applesisapples point about civilised treatment of a minority, even if they act the bollix in places where they are the majority.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

The apprentice boys are much better than the OO. They have taken responsibility for actions etc. The OO should receive nothing but apprentice boys are a different kettle of fish.

LeoMc

Who are the "they"?

ziggysego

Quote from: LeoMc on October 20, 2014, 11:23:49 AM
Who are the "they"?

them'uns
Testing Accessibility

Orior

I think the museum is a great idea.

That's where the real value of the Apprentice Boys and Orange Order is - in a museum. Will the museum start with the Siege of Derry?

I would visit an OO museum where hopefully they would have the starry plough on display as well as early OO flags and Peep O'Day boys.

The museum could become a major tourist attraction, unlike the marches. The OO have a lot of historical family information, which the yanks would love. Indeed, some of the early OO meetings are recording in Irish.

Let's take a responsible input to the Museum and dont let it become a shine. Where have I heard that before!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ballinaman

Sandy Row bonfire this morning.... 8)

Hardy

illdecide

Quote from: Hardy on June 25, 2015, 11:10:21 AM
That's tragic.

And no Flegs on it either...community relations must be improving
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

and possibly nothing to do with this ...

"Two men have been seriously injured after being attacked in south Belfast.

The assault occurred in the Donegall Road area at around 9.30pm on Saturday 20 June 2015.

One of the men suffered a serious head injury and is currently in a critical condition in hospital.

The second man suffered facial injuries, however his condition is not believed to be life threatening.

Detective Sergeant Kenneth Leckey said: "The assault occurred whilst a band parade was taking place in the area. It is understood that the two males are brothers."
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

armaghniac

Given that such a large fire occurred, one expects that they will  be clearing away the other combusable material in the area.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pullhard

Pallets cost a good bit. These folks are quite literary burning money, suppose its better for the environment than the massive Tyre fires of yester-year

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: pullhard on June 25, 2015, 12:04:32 PM
Pallets cost a good bit. These folks are quite literary burning money, suppose its better for the environment than the massive Tyre fires of yester-year

It's ok though,  it's not their own money!

Orior

Was this fire another nationalist prank? Were the thugs guards distracted by the band parade?

The whole site is a very sad view from the Days Hotel. But of course they will say it is their tradition.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians