It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

I heard on the radio this morning that unionists want to bring up the parading issue in the assembly.

Nationalists should do the decent thing and walk out before the debate starts.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

NAG1

Quote from: Orior on July 07, 2014, 11:49:28 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that unionists want to bring up the parading issue in the assembly.

Good to see that our politicians are getting to the real heart of our problems and trying to make this a better place to live.
This is seriously laughable, that is if it wasnt so serious.

EC Unique

Quote from: Orior on July 07, 2014, 11:49:28 AM

So let me get this right.

Last week a special meeting to deal with Flegs, parading etc was planned but the Unionists walked out before it even started. Now this week they want to talk about it at a meeting of the assembly where normal politics is meant to be discussed.

Oh right!! :-\

Keyser soze

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-28193372

More racist, sectarian nonsense from these clowns. Not to mention the illegality and the environmental and health impact of the burning of tyres on bonfires.

You would honestly think that the people who organise these [and associated] events, and I include the OO, loyalist paramilitaries, bands and political unionism in this, were dtermined to ensure that there can never be a normalisation of relations in Norn Ireland.

As someone who wants Ireland reunited I am delighted with their antics.

The Trap

What would happen in Ardoyne on Saturday if there were no police or no media present?

OakleafCounty

Quote from: The Trap on July 07, 2014, 12:54:07 PM
What would happen in Ardoyne on Saturday if there were no police or no media present?

I'd say either a bloodbath or nothing at all.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: The Trap on July 07, 2014, 12:54:07 PM

A battle of the boyne'esque' re-enactment that Hollywood would struggle to re-create

The Trap

With no protection and without the oxygen of publicity...............

NAG1

Cant help thinking of Gangs of New York - something like that!

johnneycool

Quote from: The Trap on July 07, 2014, 01:59:09 PM
With no protection and without the oxygen of publicity...............

Hold me back in case I get hurt sort of stuff you reckon?

8)

imtommygunn

Have they not tried marching up a few times anyway?? If the police didn't watch them at night etc I think they'd march up anyway.

Hardly going to happen - will be a significant amount spent on policing this debacle (AGAIN!).

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2014, 02:21:12 PM
Have they not tried marching up a few times anyway?? If the police didn't watch them at night etc I think they'd march up anyway.

Hardly going to happen - will be a significant amount spent on policing this debacle (AGAIN!).

Did i see the other day correctly that they have already spent £10m on policing the camp at Twadell Ave?

This comes at the same time as the PSNI have effectively had a £26m cut in their budget.

imtommygunn

As well as before the madness which does seem pretty inevitable...

(Ah yes the OO get grants too which extend to over a million...)

cockahoop

on a slightly different note,the irish news have a lot to answer for,every day they pick up on petty things like the ivory coast flag missing from a pub in the shankill road!!once bad enough but every bloody day now they have latched onto the union jack put up on a lamp post inside church grounds in dervock,ok it should not have happened but to go on and on about it only creates more tension.

red hander

Quote from: cockahoop on July 07, 2014, 03:30:32 PM
on a slightly different note,the irish news have a lot to answer for,every day they pick up on petty things like the ivory coast flag missing from a pub in the shankill road!!once bad enough but every bloody day now they have latched onto the union jack put up on a lamp post inside church grounds in dervock,ok it should not have happened but to go on and on about it only creates more tension.

Aye, let's ignore it and it will go away ... talk about shooting the messenger.